Woodland Elementary School District 50 will host a Holiday Food Drive to help feed families in the school district through Dec. 13.
"Please join me in celebrating this season of giving by supporting our school district food drive," Superintendent Joy A. Swoboda. "We are fortunate to live and work in a community whose hearts are filled with compassion for others. On behalf of our families, we thank you for your donation. It means the world to them."
Contact information ( * required )
The district is also collecting new or gently used books. Parents may send their donations to school with their child or drop them off at the Woodland Educational Support Center, 1105 N. Hunt Club Road, Gurnee. Call (847) 596-5600.
To ensure a variety of items are donated to families in need, below are some suggestions. Check expiration dates before making your donation.
• Canned meals/meat: spaghetti and meatballs, SpaghettiO®s, baked beans, chili, ravioli, tuna fish, chicken, Manwich®
• Paper products: napkins, facial tissue, paper towels, toilet paper, Handi-wipes®
• Canned soup/stew
• Boxed food: Hamburger Helper®, Pasta Roni®/noodles, potatoes, stuffing, rice, macaroni and cheese
• Storage supplies: aluminum foil, plastic wrap, Ziploc® bags
• Canned vegetables
• Pasta sauce/noodles
• Snacks: crackers, pudding, fruit snacks, Animal Crackers®, Goldfish®, pretzels, fruit cup
• Canned fruit
• Breakfast foods: cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup, granola bars, Nutri-grain®bars, cereal bars, Special K® bars
• Cleaning supplies: window cleaner, multipurpose cleaners (409®, Mr. Clean®, Fantastic®), dish soap, laundry detergent
Educational Support Center/Transportation:
• Condiments/etc.: ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, peanut butter, cooking spray, salt/pepper dispensers
If you have questions, would like to volunteer or know district family in need, contact Dawn Luebke at firstname.lastname@example.org.