• David B. Hauge, 47, of the 0-99 block of East Sandstone Court, was arrested Thursday after a search of his home concluded a yearlong investigation into his possible possession of child pornography, according to a police report. Members of the Kane County Sheriff's Office and Geneva Police Department assisted South Elgin police in the search where they found pictures and video of child pornography. Hauge was charged with aggravated child pornography and child pornography, both felonies. If he is convicted of the most serious charge, he could face up to 30 years in prison with no option of probation. Hauge is due in court Friday in St. Charles.
Contact information ( * required )
• Nicholas L. Daniele, 22, of the 3700 block of Deville Lane, was charged with reckless conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of under 2.5 grams of marijuana at 9:07 p.m. Nov. 2, according to a sheriff's report. Daniele was arrested after authorities were called to the 6N400 block of Crane Road near St. Charles with a complaint that he had an altercation with another motorist.
• A man's gray Quest mountain bicycle and a Craftsman drill set were stolen out of an open garage on the 100 block of North Bedford Lane between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Oct. 27, police said.
• A cellphone was stolen on the 1400 block off Green Pheasant Lane, it was reported at 8:01 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
• A vehicle lock was vandalized between 2 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday on the 1100 block of Giese Road, police said.
• During the overnight hours between Monday and Tuesday, someone stole a grill and its propane tank, on the 1300 block of Bluebell Lane, police said.
• A wallet was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle on the 900 block of Washington Street, it was reported at 7:05 a.m. Monday, police said.
• A generator, a power washer, a rototiller and a 96-piece socket set were stolen over the weekend in the 200 block of Laurel Street, it was reported at 7:25 a.m. Monday, police said.
• A cinder block was through a vehicle window, breaking it, at 8:12 a.m. Monday on the 300 block of East Wilson Street, police said.
• A carton of cigarettes, an iPod car adapter, a pair of Polo sunglasses and a cigarette tin were stolen out of a vehicle on the 900 block of North Van Buren Street over the weekend, it was reported at 12:10 p.m. Monday, police said.
• Someone broke a bus window at Rotolo Middle School, 1501 S. Raddant Road, it was reported to police at 3:27 p.m. Monday.
• A CD wallet containing 50 CDs was stolen between noon and 9:15 p.m. Monday out of an unlocked vehicle on the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle, police said.