• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals damaged the chain link and steel pole overhead canopy to a baseball diamond backstop in a Mount Prospect Park District park, 225 Brentwood Drive, between 8 p.m. Oct. 12 and 3 p.m. Oct. 15. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
• A teenage boy stole a girls' unlocked silver bicycle valued at $50 in a bike rack at Plainfield School, 1850 Plainfield Drive, around 7:35 p.m. Oct. 15. He rode into a mobile home park on the 800 block of East Oakton Street and disappeared.
• Paul Zielinski, 21, of the 1500 block of West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 9:35 p.m. Oct. 12 in Clearwater Park, 1717 W. Lonnquist Blvd., and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Matthew K. Guth, 20, of the 100 block of South Louis Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:50 a.m. Oct. 12 at Elmhurst Road and Lonnquist Boulevard and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Hugo Ramirez, 19, of the 1700 block of West Mansard Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Oct. 11 on the 1400 block of Brownstone Court and charged with unlawful contact with gang members. His court date is Nov. 1.
• Michael G. Gonzales, 22, of the 1500 block of North River West Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:50 p.m. Oct. 14 during a traffic stop at Rand Road and Hill Street and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 9.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets that broke three windows at a building on the 200 block of East Rand Road between 9 p.m. Oct. 11 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 13. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• A vandal used an unknown blunt object to shatter the front glass door at Juana Mart, 1837 W. Algonquin Road, between 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 15. Damage was estimated at $350.
• Stephen A. Jones, 39, of the 500 block of Long Avenue, Chicago, and Kalpesh J. Patel, 35, of the 0-100 block of St. Armand Lane, Wheeling, were arrested around 2:15 p.m. Oct. 14 at Dundee Road and Willow Trail. Jones was charged with possession of marijuana and drug equipment; Patel was charged with a traffic violation and driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Their court date is Nov. 13.
• Burglars stole the parking pass valued at $25 out of a 2010 Mazda sedan in a townhouse lot on the 800 block of Oxford Place between 2 p.m. Oct. 14 and 8:15 a.m. Oct. 15. The female owner noticed the top of the front driver's-side door damaged and looked inside before getting in. She saw a squirrel sitting on a passenger's-side seat. The animal squeaked and lunged at her. After the squirrel fled, she found bite marks inside the car on three doors.
• Vandals slashed both passenger's-side tires and scratched both passenger's-side doors on a 2007 Dodge sedan in a business lot at 1100 Chaddick Drive between 9:30 p.m. Oct. 8 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 10. Damage was estimated at $950.