• Emmanuel and Merari Delgado, both 20, of Elgin, were arrested and later charged with retail theft after attempting to steal television antennas and two DVDs from Walmart, 1100 S. Randall Road, shortly before 11 p.m. Oct. 1, according to police reports. The couple is due in court Nov. 2 in Elgin.
Contact information ( * required )
• A flat-screen television, men's watch and jewelry was stolen sometime between 7:15 a.m. and midnight Sept. 28 from a home on the 1100 block of Hill Avenue, according to police reports.
• A refrigerator was stolen sometime between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 28 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 29 from a vacant home on the 500 block of Dundee Avenue, according to police reports. A man responsible for repairs to the house found two men in the home Sept. 29 when he arrived to work, and later noticed the theft, reports said.
• Nicholas Moreno, 39, of the 200 block of Cherry Street in Elgin, and Daniel Contreras, 26, of the 300 block of Douglas Avenue in Elgin, were each charged with burglary and theft of more than $500 for a Monday case in Carpentersville, in which the pair are accused of stealing an air conditioner and furnace from a garage on the first block of Wren Road, according to reports. Bail was set Wednesday morning at $45,000 for Contreras and $30,000 for Moreno. They are both due in court Oct. 17 in Elgin.
• Daniel Figueroa, 18, of the 200 block of Sexauer, Elgin, was charged with retail theft, resisting a peace officer, disorderly conduct and consumption of alcohol at 8:40 p.m. Sept. 23 at Jewel, 1660 Larkin Ave., Elgin, according to a sheriff 's report. A sheriff's deputy at the store wrote in a report that an intoxicated Figueroa began harassing the deputy before trying to steal an $11 cake and fleeing on a bicycle.
• Black graffiti was spray painted on a truck trailer on the 16N100 block of Brier Hill Road near Hampshire between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. Sunday, according to a sheriff's report.