• Allen L. Lane, 23, of East Chicago Street, was arrested at about 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Gifford Street and charged with battery, police reports said. Lane was riding on a bicycle when the victim, who was on foot, told him that the bicycle belonged to him. Allen then punched the person in the face, the report said. Video surveillance from a nearby business confirms it, police said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Lizabeth Acosta, 25, of the 1500 block of Plymouth Circle in Carpentersville, was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of resisting/obstructing a police officer, police reports said. Acosta blocked the path of an officer to prevent him from arresting her brother and also pushed and pulled her arm away from the officer trying to prevent him from handcuffing her, police said. She is next due in court on Sept. 17.
• Samantha J. Yeakel, 27, of the 1800 block of Ashwood Lane, Aurora, was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery at 10 a.m. Monday at the old courthouse at 100 S. Third St., Geneva, according to a sheriff's report. She is accused of threatening a person after a custody hearing.
• A resident of the 35W300 block of Crescent Drive near West Dundee reported $671 of charges on an unauthorized account opened Aug. 1, according to a sheriff's report. The identify theft was reported at 1:18 p.m. Tuesday.
• About $600 was stolen between 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6 and 9 a.m. Friday from a home on the 19N100 block of Boyer Road near West Dundee, according to a sheriff's report.