• Richard D. Smith, 19, of the 700 block of North Van Buren Street, was charged at 4:28 p.m. Thursday with aggravated battery to a peace officer, resisting or obstructing a peace officer, fleeing or eluding police, improperly signaling a turn, failure to stop at a stop sign, driving while his license was revoked or suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle, in the 700 block of North Van Buren, according to a police report.
Contact information ( * required )
• Marisa N. Rios, of the 200 block of South Adams Street in Oswego, was arrested at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of retail theft, according to a police report. She is accused of taking six items of clothing from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road.
• Someone stole a blue wool braided 4-by-6-foot rug out of a yard in the 200 block of Woodland Hills Road, it was reported at 5:46 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
• Graffiti was discovered on the upper level of the parking deck at 10 N. River St., it was reported at 8:51 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
• John E. Kachnik, 31, of the 1100 block of Woodland Hills Road, was charged at 12:32 a.m. Wednesday with possession of cannabis with intent to deliver, in the 600 block of North Avenue, according to a police report. He was also issued a ticket for not having a light over his rear license plate.
• Someone stole copper grounding bars from a cell tower in the 37W300 block of McKee Street near Batavia between April 16 and Thursday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone stole the steering column out of a truck in the 39W800 block of Midan Drive near Elburn between April 27 and Tuesday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Brett Daniel Halsten, 28, of the 1700 block of Melbourne Lane, Aurora, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of more than .08, and improper lane usage after a crash at 1:58 p.m. Sunday in the 43W200 block of Jericho Road in Sugar Grove Township, according to a sheriff's report. Halsten had a BAC of .239 and authorities believe his 2006 Chevy Impala skidded across the road before flipping over and hitting a tree.
• Someone used a screw to puncture the tire in a car in the 34W600 block of Elm Street near St. Charles between noon and 6:41 p.m. April 20, according to a sheriff's report.
• Taylor E. Erickson, 18, of the 500 block of Campbell Street, was charged at 7:11 p.m. April 28 with possession of cannabis, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and illegal possession of alcohol by a minor, according to a police report. He is accused of having 5.8 grams of marijuana, of selling marijuana to a child under the age of 17, and of possessing 15 water bottles filled with different liquors.
• A purse was stolen off the front seat of a woman's vehicle between 9 p.m. Tuesday and 6:45 a.m. Tuesday. She told police she last remembered seeing the purse while parking in a store's lot in the 2100 block of West State Street. The black Coach purse had a black Coach wallet, $40, credit and debit cards, a Social Security card, a driver's license and 60 prescription pills.
• Someone stole copper piping out of two air conditioning units on the north side of a building at 421 Stevens St. between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday, police said.