Tri-Cities police reports
• Credit cards stolen out of a wallet left at a checkout lane at Target, 115 N. Randall Road, were used to make two purchases worth $689, it was reported at 10:10 a.m. Sunday, police said.
• A burglar broke in through a window and stole $40 between 4 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday at Amber Medical Clinic, 1001 E. Wilson St., police said.
• Someone stole a red Good Vibrations cruiser-style bicycle Saturday night at the Eastside Community Center, 14 N. Van Buren St., police said.
• Between May 15, 2011 and March 7, 2012, someone damaged two double-pane windows and their screens at a house in the 400 block off North College Street, it was reported at 10:38 a.m. Saturday, police said.
• Someone threw a beer bottle at the living room window of a vacant apartment, breaking the window, in the 600 block of South Batavia Avenue, it was reported at 11:32 a.m. Saturday, police said.
• A wallet was stolen out of an unattended purse during a party attended by up to 50 people in the 1500 block of Haines Drive, it was reported at 3:07 p.m. Saturday, police said.
• Sometime in the last two weeks someone stole between 500 and 1,000 pounds of scrap stainless steel from Dewell and Dewell, 126 S. Mallory Ave., it was reported at 3:19 p.m. Saturday, police said.
• A section of fence was discovered broken behind Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road, at 12:08 a.m. Sunday. Police reported seeing three juveniles running from the scene.
• Kelsey E. Kennedy, 19, of the 300 block of Fisk Avenue in DeKalb, was charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor, at 2:06 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of North Island Avenue, according to a police report.
• A black and silver iPod Touch was stolen March 5 in the 600 block of Ridgelawn Trail, it was reported to police Thursday.
• Between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesday, someone stole an unattended push lawn mower out of a yard in the 200 block of Woodland Hills Road, police said.
• Jon P. Brunet, 31, of the 900 block of Hanson Street, was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and misdemeanor aggravated assault at 2:31 p.m. Wednesday at his home, according to a police report.
• A resident of the 600 block of Maves Drive was defrauded of $1,306 in a "mystery shopper" scam perpetrated out of Canada, it was reported at 3:59 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
• Four copper bars that were used to ground wires at a cellphone tower in the 6N200 block of Route 47 near Maple Park were reported stolen at 5 a.m. Thursday, according to a sheriff's report. The bars were valued at $300 each. Two copper bars also were reported stolen from a cellphone tower in the 0N700 block of Watson Road near Maple Park at 12:55 p.m. Friday.
• A resident of the 34W600 block of Illinois Street near St. Charles received a call at noon Saturday saying she won $450,000 but had to wire $825 to Costa Rica to claim the prize, according to a sheriff's reports. She called police instead.
• Alex Sanchez, 19, of the 4600 block of Plymouth Drive, Yorkville, was charged with felony driving under the influence and failure to reduce speed at 5:09 a.m. Sunday after crashing into a parked car in the 2400 block of Nan Street near Aurora, according to a sheriff's report.
• Three car stereos, worth a combined $1,850, were stolen from three pickup trucks in the 1500 block of Fifth Avenue near Aurora between 10:30 p.m. Saturday and 5:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a sheriff's report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close