Submitted by Kimberly H. Sylvan
School District 103 held its districtwide Spelling Bee recently at Daniel Wright Junior High School. Grade level competitions (grades 4-8) were held during December to determine the finalists to participate in the districtwide bee. Congratulations to the winners of this year's District 103 Spelling Bee and to all students who competed as grade level representatives:
• Winners: Kazemi Adachi, eighth grade (first place); Tyler Gordon, sixth grade (second place); Alec Smith, eighth grade (third place)
• Eighth grade: Kazemi Adachi, Kirsten Bosman, Patrick DeMichele, Annmarie Morrison, Jamie Schlacter, Alec Smith, Niveda Tennety, Jeffrey Wang, Andy Xu, Julianne Yang
• Seventh grade: Janey Bang, Revanth Bellam, Derek Chen, Ewan Darrow, Stephanie Diao, John Kolross, Jason Lu, Sneha Poondru, Alex Shi, Michelle Sun
• Sixth grade: Akhil Aggarwal, Harsh Dasika, Conor DeMichele, Tyler Gordon, Anabelle Lee, Chris Muth, Amrith Ravikumar, Soumik Sarkar, Nihkita Srigiriraju, Haoyang Yu
• Fifth grade: Michelle Cai, Aishani Dutta, Claire Huang, Anjali Kotamarthi, Connor L'Heureux, Olivia Lamberti, Annie Xu, Austin Yang, Kitty Zeng, Hannah Zhang
• Fourth grade: Eshaan Bhattad, Aaron Kim, Healey Kogan, Emily Lu, William Nakazato, George Paoletti, Gabriel Ran, Lydia Tan, Richard Wang, Michael Wu
Per Jill Beck, the Daniel Wright faculty adviser, the last four words were: "laureation," "philologist," "bibliothecarial," and the winning word "rheometer."
• To submit Your news, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.