• Two employees at a Payday Loan store were victims of an armed robbery at 11:43 a.m. Sunday at 268 S. State St., according to a police report. A man entered the store with a gun and stole the money from the cash register and safe, a total of about $1,800. No one was hurt during the robbery.
• Vincent E. Jackson, 33, of the 900 block of Elizabeth Street, was charged with possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 1:30 a.m. Monday near Villa and Gifford streets, according to a police report. Police stopped Jackson for driving with his headlights off and found about 2.5 grams of marijuana in his pocket. He is due in court Dec. 23 in Elgin.
• Kareef M. Leachman, 21, of the 400 block of Green Street in Carpentersville, appeared in bond court Monday on a felony charge of retail theft for a second offense, according to court documents. Leachman is charged with taking two bottles of alcohol Sunday from Meijer, 815 S. Randall Road, a theft of about $52 worth of merchandise, documents said. Bail was set at $30,000, of which Leachman must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Dec. 1 in St. Charles.
• Two people reported suspicious incidents Sunday -- one said she heard kicking or banging coming from the rear of a car that pulled up next to her at about 8 p.m. Sunday on Dundee Avenue near Kimball Street, reports said. The person said she didn't think it was music and may have been a person in the trunk. Another person reported hearing a woman scream around the same time Sunday in a parking lot in the 3000 block of Route 20. The reporting person said she saw a man putting cardboard over what looked like a person in the bed of a truck. Other witnesses also mentioned a scream but did not mention seeing someone in the truck.
• A 2004 BMW was keyed sometime between 5 p.m. Saturday and 11:30 a.m. Sunday while it was parked in a driveway in the 900 block of Stockbridge Place, according to police reports. The damage stretched from the hood to the rear quarter-panel of the car.
• A dishwasher was pulled out of its mounting and copper piping was taken from the basement of a bank-owned home sometime between Nov. 7 and 16 in the 300 block of South State Street, according to police.
• An Elgin man was paid with a counterfeit $20 bill in an iPod sale from Oct. 31, according to police reports. The man only later realized one of the five bills he received in payment was counterfeit and reported the incident Sunday.
• At least six bottles of Hennessy were stolen shortly after 4 p.m. Friday from Meijer, 815 S. Randall Road, according to police. The theft was reported Sunday.
• A Heil furnace, Toro snowblower and Craftsman tools, a total value of $4,100, were stolen between 8 p.m. Nov. 14 and 10 a.m. Nov. 15 from the 11N400 block of Muirhead Road in Plato Township, according to a sheriff's report.