• Samantha Rodriguez, 30, was arrested about 6:30 p.m. Friday and charged with retail theft after she walked out of a store on the 800 block of South Randall Road without paying for meat, cheese and a men's hat, police reports said. Rodriguez had her five children with her. She was released after posting $150 cash bond and is due in court Dec. 2.
Contact information ( * required )
• A 50-year-old man was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital 's emergency room after an acquaintance threw a brick at him about 11:30 p.m. Friday on the 300 block of Wellington Street, police reports said. The victim said he didn't know his assailant's full name.
• A man took a container for donations for the Arthritis Foundation about 8:15 p.m. Friday from a convenience store on the 1700 block of Larkin Avenue, police reports said. The man had bought cigarettes and a six-pack of beer with cash.
• Someone used a broken window in the service area to enter an auto store on the 1300 block of Dundee Avenue, police reports said. The owner called police about 8:45 p.m. Friday after he checked his online security system on his personal computer and saw the man walking through the business. The man was seen walking around, opening a drawer and then fleeing.
• A vehicle was reported stolen about 8:30 p.m. Friday. It had been left unlocked with the engine running in the driveway of a home on the 900 block of Iroquois Drive, police reports said.