Breaking News Bar
updated: 10/3/2011 4:31 PM

Mt. Prospect man faces new sex charges

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • Herbert Burgess

      Herbert Burgess

 
 

A Mount Prospect man already accused of molesting two 15-year-old boys in Buffalo Grove is facing new charges alleging he assaulted one of those teens at his home.

Herbert M. Burgess Jr., 57, of the 2300 block of South Lexington Drive, was arrested by Mount Prospect police last week on eight felony charges, including aggravated criminal sexual abuse, sexual abuse, aggravated criminal sexual assault, sexual assault, and unlawful restraint.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Burgess, who already was in custody at the Lake County jail on $500,000 bond, appeared Sept. 28 before Cook County Judge Thomas Fecarotta, who set his bond in the new case at $750,000.

Mount Prospect police began investigating Burgess Aug. 19 after receiving information from Buffalo Grove police. The information, police said, led Mount Prospect investigators to believe Burgess sexually assaulted one of the 15-year-old boys at his apartment in early August.

Crime scene investigators recovered evidence related to the allegations after executing a search warrant at the residence, police said.

Buffalo Grove police arrested Burgess Aug. 21 on criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse charges alleging he molested two teenage boys with whom he worked at a Buffalo Grove business. Burgess, who could face up to 15 years in prison if found guilty on the most serious of those charges, formally pleaded not guilty last week.

He is scheduled to return to court in the Mount Prospect case on Nov. 1. If found guilty of the most serious charge in that matter, he could be sentenced to as much as 30 years in prison.

Mount Prospect police Deputy Chief Tim Janowick said detectives continue to investigate whether other suspected crimes occurred or whether there are other victims. Anyone with information is asked to call the police department's Investigations Section at (847) 870-5654.

Share this page