• Kujtim Cakani, 53, of the 1000 block of Cunat Court in Lake in the Hills, was arrested at about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 17 and charged with theft of lost/mislaid property, police said. Video surveillance from Grand Victoria Casino showed Cakani pick up from the floor a wallet that had been reported stolen by a casino patron, reports said. The wallet reportedly contained $700. When Cakani was stopped outside the casino, he did not have the wallet on him, but his wife had more than $600 on her. The empty wallet was later found in the trash in the men's bathroom, and video surveillance shows that Cakani walking in and out of the bathroom after picking up the wallet, reports said. Cakani was released on $120 bond and is due in court Oct. 21.
Contact information ( * required )
• A Carpentersville man was found lying in the parking lot of a bar in the 200 block of Douglas Street, unconscious and bleeding from a head wound at about midnight Sept. 17, police reports said. A broken glass and a bucket were found nearby. The man was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital. Police plan to examine footage from video cameras in the bar's parking lot.
• Dish satellite equipment, a tool cart, a vacuum cleaner and various tools, valued altogether at about $1,000, were stolen from an open garage in the 300 block of Jewett Street.
• A GPS and a visor pouch containing about $15 were stolen sometime between 12:30 to 11 p.m. Sept. 16 from an unlocked vehicle parked in an open garage in the 1200 block of Century Oaks Drive. The empty pouch was later found in the home's mailbox.
• A cellphone that was left on the counter of a convenience store in the 900 block of Summit Street was reportedly stolen sometime between 6:30 and 11:20 p.m. Sept. 16.
• A brick was thrown through the window of an empty home in the 600 block of Wellington Street. The home had been vacant for a while.