• A poodle was attacked by a pit bull at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of South Edison Street, according to a police report. The poodle owner reported it Saturday when the owner of the pit bull refused to pay the vet bill. The pit bull grabbed the 6-month-old poodle by the neck and shook it but should recover.
• A woman reported that her house and car were egged at approximately 1:45 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of Heine Avenue, according to police reports. A window screen was knocked off its frame in the process. The woman told police this has happened at least three times before, most recently about two weeks ago.
• The driver's side rear window of a 1991 Plymouth Voyager was smashed with a landscaping brick sometime between midnight and 7:30 a.m. Sunday while it was parked in the 400 block of Prairie Street in Elgin, according to a police report.
• An Elgin woman reported unauthorized credit card use for pizza purchases between June 13 and Aug. 1 at two different Elgin pizzerias, according to a police report. Four individual purchases totaled about $140.
• Evan Rootes, 18, of the 1800 block of Broadsmore Drive, Algonquin, was charged Sunday with possession of a hypodermic needle and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. He was released after posing $150 cash bond and is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 15 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• Cortney A. Huston, 21, of the 8000 block of Sierra Woods Lane, Carpentersville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or more, and improper lane use after she rolled her Ford Focus over at about 2:35 a.m. Saturday in the 18N700 block of Route 31 near West Dundee, according to a police report. Huston sustained minor injuries in the crash and was taken to a hospital.
• Someone stole a Palm Pixie cellphone from the restroom at the Milk Pail banquet hall, 14N630 Route 25 near East Dundee at about 12:58 a.m. Sunday, reports said.