• A Batavia man was charged with criminal defacement of property, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis Saturday, according to a police report. John K. Emmert, 18, of the 500 block of Ekman Drive, is accused of spraying paint on the underside of a bridge in the 1400 block of South River Street1. A juvenile was also charged in the incident.
Contact information ( * required )
• William Nichols, 51, of the 700 block of Woodland Hills Road, received tickets charging him with having a dangerous dog and letting a dog run at large, at 10:05 a.m. Sunday, according to a police report. His German shepherd, Lazer, bit a passer-by in the buttocks.
• An HP Pavilion black laptop computer, a GE A1250 digital camera and a memory card were stolen out of an apartment in the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle, it was reported at 12:43 p.m. Sunday. Police said the victim suspects a 40-something man and woman from Aurora, whom the victim invited to the apartment.
• A woman who called police Saturday to help her when she locked her keys in her vehicle in the 500 block of North Randall Road was arrested on a warrant instead. Kera Hebenstreit, 24, of the 100 block of Fourth Avenue, Bartlett, was wanted on a DuPage County court failure-to-appear-in-court warrant in a case in which she is charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, according to a police report.
• Police report a pit bull bit a person in the leg at 7 a.m. Friday at Houston and Harrison streets. Jackie B. Gabor, 47, of the 0-99 block of North Harrison, was charged with having a dangerous dog and letting a dog run at large, according to a police report.
• Thomas E. Wells, 67, was charged with battery at 12:15 p.m. Friday, according to a police report. He is accused of grabbing a process server by the neck and, when the server tried to leave, shoving the server into a wall. The incident happened at a business in the 0-99 block of North Bennett Street. Wells lives in the 1000 block of Prairie Street, St. Charles.
• Lisa A Dahabiyeh, 39, of the 900 block of North Eddy Street, Sandwich, was arrested on charges of endangering the life or health of a child and disorderly conduct at 12:34 a.m. Sunday on the 01N600 block of LaFox Road in Blackberry Township, according to a police report. Police said Dahabiyeh jerked the steering wheel of her boyfriend's 2007 Dodge Ram, causing him to lose control and crash into a tree. According to the police report, her 10-year-old son also was in the vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• A red Old Town Otter kayak valued at $350 was reported stolen Thursday from a backyard on the 34W600 block of Illinois Street, near St. Charles, police said.
• A purse containing a debit card, a checkbook and a black leather wallet was reported stolen Thursday from a vehicle at the Kane County Judicial Center, 37W777 Route 38, near St. Charles, police said.