• A Batavia man was charged with criminal defacement of property, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis Saturday, according to a police report. John K. Emmert, 18, of the 500 block of Ekman Drive, is accused of spraying paint on the underside of a bridge in the 1400 block of South River Street1. A juvenile was also charged in the incident.
• William Nichols, 51, of the 700 block of Woodland Hills Road, received tickets charging him with having a dangerous dog and letting a dog run at large, at 10:05 a.m. Sunday, according to a police report. His German shepherd, Lazer, bit a passer-by in the buttocks.
• An HP Pavilion black laptop computer, a GE A1250 digital camera and a memory card were stolen out of an apartment in the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle, it was reported at 12:43 p.m. Sunday. Police said the victim suspects a 40-something man and woman from Aurora, whom the victim invited to the apartment.
• A woman who called police Saturday to help her when she locked her keys in her vehicle in the 500 block of North Randall Road was arrested on a warrant instead. Kera Hebenstreit, 24, of the 100 block of Fourth Avenue, Bartlett, was wanted on a DuPage County court failure-to-appear-in-court warrant in a case in which she is charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, according to a police report.
• Police report a pit bull bit a person in the leg at 7 a.m. Friday at Houston and Harrison streets. Jackie B. Gabor, 47, of the 0-99 block of North Harrison, was charged with having a dangerous dog and letting a dog run at large, according to a police report.
• Thomas E. Wells, 67, was charged with battery at 12:15 p.m. Friday, according to a police report. He is accused of grabbing a process server by the neck and, when the server tried to leave, shoving the server into a wall. The incident happened at a business in the 0-99 block of North Bennett Street. Wells lives in the 1000 block of Prairie Street, St. Charles.
• Lisa A Dahabiyeh, 39, of the 900 block of North Eddy Street, Sandwich, was arrested on charges of endangering the life or health of a child and disorderly conduct at 12:34 a.m. Sunday on the 01N600 block of LaFox Road in Blackberry Township, according to a police report. Police said Dahabiyeh jerked the steering wheel of her boyfriend's 2007 Dodge Ram, causing him to lose control and crash into a tree. According to the police report, her 10-year-old son also was in the vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• A red Old Town Otter kayak valued at $350 was reported stolen Thursday from a backyard on the 34W600 block of Illinois Street, near St. Charles, police said.
• A purse containing a debit card, a checkbook and a black leather wallet was reported stolen Thursday from a vehicle at the Kane County Judicial Center, 37W777 Route 38, near St. Charles, police said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close