Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wayne
High school students encouraged to “Experience ECC” Nov. 12 Oct 9, 2014 12:34 PM
Elgin Community College invites high schools students to “Experience ECC” on Wednesday, Nov. 12. "Experience ECC" offers students the opportunity to discover why ECC was the right choice for one in five in-district high school graduates.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
DuPage forest candidates differ on Blackwell facility Oct 6, 2014 6:32 PM
Nearly four years after the DuPage County Forest Preserve Commission voted to put a fleet maintenance garage at Blackwell Forest Preserve near Warrenville, it still hasn’t been built. Now the two forest preserve candidates vying for the chance to represent District 6, which includes Warrenville, have differing views on whether the site chosen for the facility is in the right spot.
Art for All presents fine art exhibit in Elgin’s Artspace Oct 7, 2014 2:13 PM
Art For All of Elgin is presenting a fine art exhibit, “Fall for Art,” Oct. 12-25 in the Robin and Mark Seigle Gallery located at Artspace Lofts, 51 S. Spring St., Elgin. A reception will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17. Light refreshments will be served. While the reception is free, donations will be gratefully accepted.
‘Uncommon Threads’ fashion-art show returns to St. Charles Oct 5, 2014 5:03 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together phenomenal textiles and accessories created by local and national artists.
Historic Cemetery Walk Marks Milestone Anniversary Oct 3, 2014 5:14 PM
The West Chicago City Museum celebrates a milestone anniversary of an event that showcases the rich history of the community each year in October. The 25th annual Tales Tombstones Tell program will be held on Friday, October 10, 2014 in Oakwood Cemetery, at York Street and Oakwood Avenue.
Family Shelter Service Fundraiser October 16 at York Theatre Oct 3, 2014 5:31 PM
In recognition of domestic violence awareness month, a fundraiser benefitting the Family Shelter Service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, at the York Theatre, 150 N. York St., in downtown Elmhurst. A $10 donation is recommended.
How Well Do You Know Your Car? Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Learning about the maintenance on your car.
4-H is Preparing Youth for the Challenges of Life Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Lake County youth are joining the more than 6 million other 4-H members across the nation in celebration of National 4-H Week Oct. 5-11.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Oct 3, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best ones and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of September 29.
Audition for ‘bare’ with Nomad Theatre Company Oct 3, 2014 10:04 PM
Nomad Theatre Company will hold auditions for "bare," a rock musical for high school and college age, will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, and 4 to 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles. Prepare a 1-minute contemporary monologue and approximately 32 bars of a pop or rock song. Video auditions are accepted.
ALS Walk for Life raises record $1.2 million for Les Turner ALS Foundation Oct 3, 2014 7:21 PM
On Sept. 21, approximately 7,000 people participated in the 13th annual Les Turner ALS Walk for Life in Chicago. With nearly $1.2 million raised to date, this was a record-breaking event for the organization; it was the largest and most successful fundraising in the foundation's history.
Illinois Railway Museum to restore classic Streamliner Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum in Union has begun a restoration project planned to return the famous streamlined Electroliner to operational condition in 2017. The museum's Electroliner received an external restoration when it returned to Illinois in the 1980s, but problems with the train's eight electric motors prevented the streamliner from returning to operation. Work is now under way to return the luxury streamliner to operable condition within the next three years. In addition to work on the motors, work is needed on the wheels, trucks, air brakes and air conditioning before it can be operated.
“Uncommon Threads” event returns to St. Charles Oct 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together textiles and accessories created by local and national artists. A juried runway show is the star of the day. Featuring wearable works of art, all items will also be available for purchase that afternoon. In its 28h year, this event — Fine Line's biggest annual fundraiser — will take place at Q Center in St. Charles on Sunday, Oct. 19.
ALS Walk for Life raises record $1.2 million for Les Turner ALS Foundation Oct 2, 2014 5:40 PM
On Sept. 21, approximately 7,000 people participated in the 13th annual Les Turner ALS Walk for Life in Chicago. With nearly $1.2 million raised to date, this was a record-breaking event for the organization. It was the largest and most successful fundraising in the foundation's history.
Little Friends Golf Classic raises record amount Oct 3, 2014 5:00 PM
Little Friends is pleased to announce that their 2014 Golf Classic was a tremendous success - setting a record high in raising $98,000 for their programs and services for children and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. This year's event was held at Naperville Country Club on Sept. 15.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Michelangelo to appear at Tivoli Theatre Oct. 4-5 Oct 3, 2014 5:17 PM
Costumed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Michaelangelo will appear at Tivoli Theatre in downtown Downers Grove, on Saturday, October 4 and Sunday, October 5.
Local schools fight breast cancer at Dig Pink Volleyball Classic Sep 29, 2014 9:45 PM
Faith Christian Academy, Harvest Christian Academy of Elgin, Calvary Christian School in Naperville and Mooseheart School of North Aurora joined forces to raise nearly $1,000 for breast cancer research at the Dig Pink Girls Volleyball Classic on Sept. 13 at Faith Christian Academy in Geneva.
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Gas station plan fuels Lake Barrington controversy
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.