Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Streamwood
Visiting Angels of South Elgin Achieves Best in Home Care Agency AwardFeb 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Local Home Care Agency, Visiting Angels of South Elgin has achieved the nation's Best in Home Care distinction.
Fifth-, sixth-graders have a blast on Valentine’s Day Feb 6, 2014 12:00 AM
6.43- with one photo The Schaumburg Park District will hold the 5th and 6th Grade Valentine’s Day Blast from 6:30 to 9 p.m., Friday, Feb. 14, at the Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road.
Hanover Twp. hosts presentation on heart health Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
The Hanover Township Office of Community Health will host a presentation on heart-friendly recipes on Feb. 24. The free event, held in recognition of American Heart Month, also will offer tips on how to avoid salty foods.
Charter group wants to open kindergarten to 8th-grade school Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
The Elgin Math and Science Charter School Initiative will conduct a community forum Tuesday at Gail Borden Public Library to answer questions about the group’s charter school proposal. “It’s going to be a presentation with more specifics about the school,” said Karen Schock, a retired U-46 teacher and president of the charter school initiative. “We want to really answer the questions people still have about the charter school.”
U-46 considers Aug. 13 start for next school year Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Elgin Area School District U-46 officials are considering starting the school year a week earlier, on Aug. 13, next school year and beyond. They are is seeking public input on the proposed calendars for 2014-15 and 2015-16.
Retiree bonuses cost taxpayers millions Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Every July, thousands of Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pensioners find a little something extra in their mailboxes in addition to their monthly pension check. In 2013, those little somethings added up to a big bill for taxpayers — $41,054,552. It’s called the “13th Payment,” and it’s essentially a bonus paid to retirees for simply living another year and outliving other retirees.
Girls basketball/Fox Valley roundup Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
The Illinois Chiropractic Foundation urges residents to take proper precautions while shoveling snow.Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Illinois Chiropractic Foundation suggests proper snow shoveling tips for avoiding aches and pains.
HomeVestors names SNL Realty Top Franchisee for 2013Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
SNL Realty, a HomeVestors® of America (the “We Buy Ugly Houses® company) franchisee from Chicago, was recognized for achieving the top sales volume out of the over 400 HomeVestors franchisees in December.
Local actress to present one-woman show about Mary LincolnFeb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Historian and actress Valerie Gugala will appear to set the historical record straight about Mary Todd Lincoln.
Schaumburg schools lock down after police send mistaken emergency alert Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Schaumburg schools went on temporary lockdown Tuesday morning after the village’s police department mistakenly issued a message stating an emergency situation was occurring in the community. Police said the message inadvertently went out to school officials while the department was conducting a routine test of its emergency notification system.
Truax’s suburban support key against Oberweis cash Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Republican state Sen. Jim Oberweis’ decision to use at least a half-million dollars of his own money in his race for U.S. Senate means local support from GOP leaders is as important as ever to opponent Doug Truax.
Harris, Hersey seniors prevail Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Hersey senior Morgan Harris converted four 3-pointers and all four of her free throws for a game-high 16 points as the Huskies topped visiting Buffalo Grove 48-37 in Mid-Suburban East girls basketball on Tuesday.
Boys basketball/Fox Valley roundup Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Harvest Christian’s Knox reaches 1,000 points Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Hays, Versluys reach milestones in Westminster win Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
It was a night of milestones and records Tuesday for the Westminster Christian girls basketball team. And, the Warriors notched an impressive come-from-behind win to boot. Senior McKaila Hays became just the third Westminster girl in program history to reach 1,000 career points, sophomore Maddie Verluys scored a school-record 32 points and Westminster registered its 20th win of the season in defeating St. Francis 68-60 in a nonconference game in Elgin. Trailing 33-24 at halftime and then 43-24 after St. Francis senior Caroline Pins hit a 3-pointer with 6:10 left in the third quarter, Westminster (20-3) looked to be on the verge of its second straight loss.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring the best from boys basketball, gymnastics and wrestling.
Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Kazaglis Speaks to the Elgin Lions ClubFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Dr. Kazaglis will speak about shoulder pain and answer questions about his specialty.
SAINT HUBERT SCHOOL SIXTH GRADERS DARE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGEFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Saint Hubert School sixth graders celebrate the successful completion of the DARE program with Mayor William McLeod and Hoffman Estates Police Officer John Bending.
On The Way To CollegeFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
A free program to prepare students for higher education.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Good times continue for NSC champ Stevenson
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- Land of opportunity now of opportunism
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Plan calls for white water rafting on Fox River
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROFESSIONALS@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADES A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. WE OFFER A GREAT BASE PAY WITH UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. WE ALSO SEEK LABORERS, INSPECTORS, PERMIT RUNNERS AND OFFICE STAFF. CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW 847-540-7711 (id:4366359) SALES - -Roll with the Pros - Seeking Talented Reps Avg. $15/hr -Cash Bonus Banker Hours -Weekdays Immediate Interviews! Call: 847-741-1200 (id:4366084) QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Quality Manager with MS in Indust. Eng. +2 yrs experience as a quality engineer. Must have completed projects involving: 1. Maintenance and improvement of quality systems to ISO Standards; 2. Advanced skills in implementation of SPC and DOE methodologies; 3. Process validation and qualification studies as they relate to new and existing products. Must be SixSigma Black Belt certified. Submit resume via email to email@example.com with QM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4365435)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst. -SPORTS Connor Sports is seeking an Admin. Assistant at our Elk Gr. office. BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM. Positive, upbeat personality a must Candidates must be proficient in MS Office. E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4365897) PT BUS DRIVERS - PART-TIME BUS DRIVERS Free CDL Training, Monthly Bonus Opportunity, Vision and Dental Insurance, morning & afternoon schedules, ability to work in your community, Mini Bus or suburban routes, Perfect job for retirees, stay at home parents or just looking to earn extra money. Must be 21 years of age, drug free, no criminal background, current driver's license in good stand-ing for the previous 3 years, must enjoy working with children. Must be reliable. For fur-ther conditions & details call 630.357.1070 Naperville 630.668.1188 Winfield (id:4365853) SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - Education -Substitute Teach-ers needed in Marquardt School Dist. 15, Glendale Hts. Sliding pay scale: $95-125.00/ day. Illinois or substitute teach-er licensing requires with registration in DuPage County. Contact HR at 630-469-7615 x1171 for an application packet (id:4365766)
- ROUTE DRIVER - Route Driver -run a food route in our truck. Great pay, great benefits. Apply in person Master Brew, 3550 Woodhead Northbrook, IL (id:4366074) MACHINE OPRERATORS - Assembly Technician $9/hr Must read-write-speak English & have soldering exp. 1st shift Glendale Heights 630-620-9800 (id:4366092) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Elk Grove Village company seeking receptionist. Please send resumes to email@example.com (id:4366231)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.