Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kaneville
GreenFields of Geneva centenarian celebrates birthday party Mar 31, 2015 5:32 PM
Grace McLennan is surprised to find herself having turned 100, and was equally surprised and delighted when GreenFields of Geneva held a birthday party in her honor. The lifelong Chicago-area resident is a bit physically frail, but her mind and spirit remain strong and she has embraced the active lifestyle at GreenFields.
Sugar Grove vet recalls World War II service Mar 29, 2015 1:00 AM
Sugar Grove’s Ross Miller was among World War II veterans who shared war memories Thursday, March 26. Miller, a Navy veteran, shared a microphone with Ray Moore of Aurora, an Army Air Corps vet, at a program at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Aurora.
Changing Children’s Worlds Foundation hosts spring fundraiser Mar 27, 2015 11:19 PM
On March 15, Changing Children’s Worlds Foundation, a local nonprofit organization, held its annual spring fundraiser at Villa Verone Ristorante in Geneva. Its two major programs are the International Child Development Program, internationally recognized by UNICEF and the World Health Organization, which strengthens empathy-based relationships, communications, guidance and support between parents/caregivers and children, infant to age 12; and the Integrative Youth Development Program, which measures and identifies ways to help youth, age 12-24, succeed within families, schools and communities.
Kaneland seeks new members for board advisory committees Mar 26, 2015 3:45 PM
Kaneland Unit District 302 seeks to add members to its Citizens’ Advisory Committee, Finance Advisory Committee, Facilities Planning Committee and the Kaneland Foundation. In preparing to add members to these committees and to the foundation, please know that the selection committees will seek representation from the various attendance areas within the Kaneland community.
Swedish American Children’s Choir seeks singers Mar 26, 2015 4:11 PM
The Swedish American Children’s Choir is seeking new singers for the spring/summer season. Children, age 4 to 17, are welcome to join the Midwest’s largest choir of its kind for children.
Heart Sounds 2015 Symposium to highlight innovations in cardiology Mar 26, 2015 6:15 PM
Medical professionals are invited to attend “Innovations in Cardiology: Heart Sounds 2015”, a one-day symposium hosted by Presence Saint Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The educational program for registered nurses, emergency medical technicians, doctors and other clinicians will be held Saturday, April 18.
‘Living Last Supper’ comes to Aurora April 2-3 Mar 24, 2015 7:56 PM
A third annual “Living Last Supper” will be staged at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, April 2-3, at Wesley United Methodist Church in Aurora. With music and period costumes, the performance will bring to life Leonardo da Vinci’s painting of Jesus Christ’s last supper with his disciples.
Learn how to ‘echo weave’ at Fine Line Mar 24, 2015 4:23 PM
Fine Line weaving instructor Beth Duncan will offer “Echo Weave, A Starting Point,” on Saturdays, April 4 and 18. “Learning to weave can seem daunting at the start; there is a lot of prep work before the actual weaving begins. As with all things worth learning, take your time and practice," Duncan said.
Anderson Animal Shelter seeks Spokespet Mar 24, 2015 5:08 PM
Anderson Animal Shelter in South Elgin is searching for a pet to lead its inaugural Pets-a-Palooza Pet Parade and Festival fundraising walk, set for Sept. 20 at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve in St. Charles. "We're looking for a very outgoing pet adopted from Anderson, who is friendly to both people and other animals and who loves being in the spotlight," said Holly Alcala, the shelter's director of development.
HCE, U of I Extension present ‘Eating Well as You Age’ Mar 23, 2015 7:57 PM
Eating well does not mean dieting. It is part of a healthy lifestyle, and may be best achieved in small steps. However, as we age, our nutritional needs change and we should focus on nutrient dense choices. “Eating Well as You Age” is a University of Illinois Extension educational program designed to help participants explore the benefits of healthy eating habits at any age.
Kaneland soccer groups to host town hall meeting, concussion seminar Mar 19, 2015 7:55 PM
The Kaneland United Soccer Club and Kaneland Youth Soccer Organization are hosting a Town Hall Meeting and Parent Concussion and Youth Sports Injury Management Seminar on Tuesday, March 24, from 7 to 9 p.m.
Enjoy Arcada organ concert Sunday Mar 18, 2015 6:48 PM
The Chicago Area Theatre Organ Enthusiasts will host a free organ concert at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 22, at the Arcada Theatre in downtown St. Charles. Due to the upcoming restoration of the 3/16 Marr Colton/Geneva organ, it could be a while before you get a chance to hear the organ again.
Home Show returns to St. Charles this weekend Mar 16, 2015 9:18 PM
Back for their 56th season of doing shows in the Chicago area, The Home Shows, Inc. will hold their annual gala of exhibitors at St. Charles’ Kane County Fairgrounds from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21, and Sunday, March 22. Residents in the Fox Valley suburbs are invited to attend this free exposition with free parking. They will see the latest in home remodeling and repair products and services.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Geneva church “Commits to Knit” to help women, children in distress Mar 13, 2015 11:43 PM
More than 30 members and friends of the Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva are using their knitting and crocheting skills to make a difference in the world. The church’s Commit to Knit group creates one-of-a-kind handcrafted items — scarves, shawls, baby blankets, clothing, dolls and more — which are donated to women and children in need locally and globally.
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice to offer “Memories of Mom” Mar 12, 2015 10:18 PM
Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice is offering “Memories of Mom,” a support group for women who have experienced the death of their mother. The group meets Tuesdays, April 7 to May 12. Because many adult daughters share a bond with their mothers like no other, when a mother dies, the loss will continue to echo throughout a woman’s life as she copes with many realizations and changing roles.
Examine your estate plan at April 18 personal finance program Mar 12, 2015 9:17 PM
Do you know you already have an estate plan? The question is whether it’s the right estate plan. Find out the answer to this and other questions at the “Estate Planning: Getting Ready” program with University of Illinois Extension at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at the St. Charles Public Library.
Express Employment Professionals Hosts National Leadership Event Featuring Daymond John, Dan Aykroyd and Liz Murray Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Back for its sixth year and sponsored by the Chicagoland Express Employment Professionals offices, the FREE event will be held Wednesday, April 8 at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Ill. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the program begins at 7:50 a.m.
GLMV Chamber of Commerce Presents Breakfast For Growth Seminar: ‘March Into Marketing You Biz’ - 3/18 Mar 12, 2015 10:13 AM
Get pro tips and discover how to use the power of marketing to increase exposure and visibility of your business, at the upcoming GLMV Chamber of Commerce Breakfast For Growth Seminar "March Into Marketing Your Biz" to be held Wednesday, March 18, 7:30 - 9 am at the GLMV Chamber Office, 1123 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
- COD board's $66.52-a-person meal cost dwarfs other colleges'
- Man charged with stabbing Naperville couple
- Man in custody after Naperville couple stabbed
- Subpoenas seek years of COD records on Breuder, foundation board member
- 1,265 O'Hare noise complaints in two hours
- Woodland Elementary Dist. 50: We're not against charter schools
- Three groups merge to create mega local hospice organization
- Every District 214 student will have an iPad within two years
- Cubs: Wrigley Field will be ready for opener
- COD candidates spar over campaign disclosure filings
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Rozner: Bryant decision easy to understand
- DuPage County prosecutors probing College of DuPage, charges appear unlikely
- The pluses, minuses of educators serving on school boards
- COD board's $66.52-a-person meal cost dwarfs other colleges'
- Jogger uses pepper spray to fight off Busse Woods assailant
- Pyke: Could tolls go up based on inflation?
- COD candidates spar over campaign disclosure filings
- Craft beer to help ailing Gurnee American Legion
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Social Services -Help at Home, Inc has immediate openings for the following positions in DeKalb, DuPage, Kane, and McHenry counties: Homemakers DCFS Case Aides Respite employees CNA's We are proud to offer Union Benefits and higher wages. We also offer paid Holidays, paid vacation, Travel Time, Mileage, and full Health and Dental Insurance. During this limited hiring time, we are offering free training and sign on bonuses. Contact Sam at (630) 443-1800. (id:4402161) QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494)
- LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722) TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or email@example.com (id:4400186)
- DRIVERS - Part-Time Drivers Wanted Manheim Auto Auction, the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services is seeking energetic individuals to join Manheim Arena in Bolingbrook, IL. Simple to qualify: Regular driver license and clean record. Able to work 7-29 hrs/week. Good attention to detail and safety sense. Ability to stand, enter/exit cars during shifts. Able to pass background check and drug test. Apply at www.ManheimDriverJobs.com search for job 144958. (id:4401696) ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.