Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hampshire
ECC Arts Center to host Chris Smither and Paul Cebar Oct. 25 Oct 17, 2014 10:28 PM
The Elgin Community College Arts Center will host acclaimed American blues/folk guitarist, singer and songwriter Chris Smither and special guest artist Paul Cebar on Saturday, Oct. 25. Smither draws deeply from a range of genres and blends blues, American folk music, poetry and philosophy. He's revered for both his fingerpicking guitar techniques as well as his exemplary songwriting.
ECC Theatre presents ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ Oct. 31-Nov. 16 Oct 17, 2014 9:21 PM
Elgin Community College Theatre’s fall production of “The Diary of Anne Frank” will be held from Friday, Oct. 31, through Sunday, Nov. 16. Performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. Fridays, Oct. 31, Nov. 7 and 14; Saturdays, Nov. 1, 8 and 15; and 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 9 and 16 in the ECC Arts Center’s SecondSpace Theatre.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Disheartened by Herald endorsement Oct 16, 2014 12:01 AM
A Hampshire letter to the editor: I am deeply disheartened by the Daily Herald’s endorsement of Representative Randy Hultgren. Representative Hultgren has continuously showed that he values politics over policy. He voted repeatedly to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, knowing full-well that the Democratic Senate would never allow such a vote to even come up.
Education and Work Center in Hanover Park ready to serve the community Oct 15, 2014 6:08 PM
What began as a discussion about the needs of a local community has turned into a multi-partner community center that offers education and employment services free of charge to area residents. The Education and Work Center is a collaborative partnership between Elgin Community College, Harper College, Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership, the village of Hanover Park, and the state of Illinois.
‘Man Up’ event focuses on men’s health issues Oct 15, 2014 6:14 PM
For one night, skip the gym and head to the pub — all in the name of men’s health. “Man Up for Men’s Health” will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, at Emmett’s Tavern and Brewing Co., 128 W. Main St., West Dundee. The event is hosted by Advocate Sherman Hospital’s Men’s Health Alliance.
Hampshire rescue going well, but some horses unplaced Oct 15, 2014 5:04 PM
About 50 quarter-horses kept at a Hampshire stable have found new homes since their owner agreed to give them up, due to not being able to properly care for them.
Expect delays for Tyrrell Road over I-90 bridge reconstruction Oct 15, 2014 7:23 PM
The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is scheduled to erect the pre-stressed concrete beam substructure for the Tyrell Road Bridge on Monday, Oct. 20, to Wednesday, Oct. 22.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Judge orders some records released in Kane animal abuse case Oct 15, 2014 5:35 AM
A Kane County judge Tuesday ordered the release of 25 pages of documents about the health of horses taken from Stacy Fiebelkorn that relate to whether the county’s animal control director lied about the status of one horse. But the judge refused to let Fiebelkorn have documents related to state’s attorney’s investigation of the former animal control director, Robert Sauceda. Fiebelkorn of Elgin is charged with animal neglect and cruelty. In March, authorities removed more than 90 animals from her care on a Hampshire farm.
Annual Fall Rummage Sale Oct. 17-18 at St. James church Oct 14, 2014 10:14 PM
Plan on doing some holiday shopping early at St. James Episcopal Church’s annual Fall Rummage Sale scheduled for Friday, Oct. 17, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 18, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Shoppers can choose from a selection of new and gently used clothing, house wares, china and glassware sets, jewelry, books, DVDs, CDs, games, Halloween, Christmas and other seasonal decorations and more. All items will be clean and in good working order.
Elgin church hosts “Fair & Square Marketplace” Oct 14, 2014 10:12 PM
First Presbyterian Church, 240 Standish St. in Elgin, invites the community to its third annual “Fair & Square Marketplace” from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26. It will feature a variety of Fair Trade apparel, accessories, jewelry, gifts, food, and home décor items from local retailers along with Equal Exchange. There will be something for everyone.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
Dinner, silent auction to benefit Voice of Hope Behind the Wall Oct 13, 2014 6:02 PM
Immanuel Lutheran Church in Batavia invites the community to a spaghetti dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1. The dinner and silent auction will benefit the prison ministry Voice of Hope Behind the Wall at Stateville Correctional Center near Joliet. Learn about how Lori Wilbert provides Bible studies, devotions and one-on-one visits with inmates at the prison. Wilbert is the deaconess and prison chaplain for the Northern Illinois District-The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. As her ministry is struggling financially, several area Lutheran churches are joining together to run this fundraiser.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
Steady real estate market is a healthy one, brokers say Oct 11, 2014 12:01 AM
We are looking at a real estate market this year that is very similar to the market of 2013, says Lynn Klein, managing broker and owner of Century 21 New Heritage in Hampshire. "There has been a bit of an improvement in terms of supply-and-demand, so prices are up about 2.9 percent this year. But, for the most part, the market has remained fairly steady.”
‘Denim and Diamonds Gala’ to benefit projects at Presence St. Joseph Hospital Oct 10, 2014 7:51 PM
The Chicago Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates will go country with cowboy formal wear and country drawl for Presence St. Joseph Hospital Auxiliary. Guests at the gala will be sporting their best denim jeans, boots, Stetsons, pearl buttons and glitzy tops to be entertained by the Suburban Cowboys band on Oct. 25. Proceeds from the $175 a plate fete will benefit community outreach, scholarships and hospital capital projects.
Oct 9, 2014 10:22 PM
St. James Episcopal Church in West Dundee recently celebrated the 150th anniversary of the parish. The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, was guest of honor at Friday’s gala dinner and celebrant at the Oct. 5 Mass where she also blessed the cross above the high altar fashioned of old wooden doors from the parish house by her brother-in-law, parishioner John Schori.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Northwest suburban schools show growth in math
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Lake Barrington planners recommend gas station
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.