Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Glenview
St Stephen Culinaires present the 2nd Dinner in the series; German Dinner Oct 15, 2014 8:07 AM
St Stephen Culinaires present the 2nd Dinner in the series; German Dinner
“Let’s Sing” Sunday Night Hymn Sing featuring John Innes Oct 15, 2014 6:00 PM
"Let's Sing about Faith, Hope and Love" is the theme for the 16th semi-annual Sunday Night Hymn Sing. The Orchard Evangelical Free Church will host two identical Hymn Sings featuring John Innes on Sunday, Oct. 26 at 2:30 and 6 p.m.
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
Oct. 29: CLC instructors to present library program on Ricardo Montalbán Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
Film and television fans remember actor Ricardo Montalbán for his many roles: dancing and singing in MGM movies of the 1940s and 1950s, as Khan in “Star Trek,” as Mr. Roarke in “Fantasy Island” and as Grandpa Avellan in the “Spy Kids” movies.
Jasmine Guy to star in ‘Raisin’ Cane’ at CLC Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
CLC Foundation gala generates over $120,000 for student scholarships Oct 23, 2014 1:01 PM
More than 250 friends of the College of Lake County Foundation generated more than $120,000 for student scholarships on Sept. 27 at the Black and White Ball: Toast of the Town, held at the historic Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
Local Talented Teenagers Invited to Audition for Tuned In – The Larry Dobkin Teen Showcase Oct 10, 2014 7:22 AM
Local Talented Teenagers Invited to Audition for Tuned In – The Larry Dobkin Teen Showcase
Cadwell’s Grille in Deerfield Raises $1,100 for Multiple Sclerosis Society Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
Cadwell’s Grille in Deerfield Raises $1,100 for Multiple Sclerosis Society
Halloween favorites return to the Chicago Botanic Garden Oct 9, 2014 11:55 AM
Three family favorites—Spooky Pooch Parade, HallowFest, and Trains, Tricks & Treats—will bring mischief and magic back to the Chicago Botanic Garden this Halloween season.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County Oct 13, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County
CLC Music Department announces fall concert lineup Oct 9, 2014 11:56 AM
Seven concerts, featuring a huge variety of choral and instrumental music, will be presented by the College of Lake County Music department during fall semester.
Festive Auction and Taste Planned by Northbrook Chamber at the Renaissance Hotel Oct 8, 2014 7:53 AM
Festive Auction and Taste Planned by Northbrook Chamber at the Renaissance Hotel
- A trip back in time
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Times for Trick-or-treating in the suburbs
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.