Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Carpentersville
Nominate directors for Kane-DuPage Soil and Water Conservation District Dec 26, 2014 8:14 PM
Nominations are now being accepted for the two-year term of the office of director of the Kane-DuPage Soil and Water Conservation District. To be considered for nomination as a candidate for the office of director, nominees must provide proof of residency or ownership of land located within the boundaries of the district.
Master Gardener presents tools and tips for BodySmart Gardening Dec 26, 2014 7:29 PM
This winter, join University of Illinois Extension to become a “BodySmart” Gardener, and find out how you can prevent aches and strains and make gardening more enjoyable. Presented by award-winning DuPage County Master Gardener Jan Hanson, the “BodySmart Gardening” workshop will focus on techniques to prevent injury while working in the yard.
Gift ideas for last-minute shoppers Dec 24, 2014 12:01 AM
You could say it’s crunch time. It’s Christmas Eve, and you’ve got your work cut out for you if haven’t finished Christmas shopping yet. But you don’t need to panic. There still are plenty of items to buy, and plenty of hours to shop.
Images: The Week in Pictures Dec 22, 2014 2:13 PM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of people wrapping gifts for donation, and people receiving donated gifts, Santa Claus meeting with kids young and old, and rooms full of poinsettas.
Join 29th annual World Healing Meditation Dec. 31 Dec 22, 2014 6:24 PM
The Center for Spiritual Evolution in Cary is once more hosting the annual World Healing Meditation on Wednesday, Dec. 31, at 6 a.m. Doors open at 5:45 a.m. Faithbridge Interfaith Association of McHenry County is co-sponsoring the event this year. There will be a breakfast potluck at 7 a.m.
Gift Wrapping for Patients is Serious Business at Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System Dec 23, 2014 8:01 AM
Gift Wrapping for Patients is Serious Business at Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “The Shining” January 13 Dec 23, 2014 7:59 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “The Shining” January 13
Pet Therapy at The Terraces at The Clare Dec 30, 2014 2:07 PM
Medical professionals are widely acknowledging what animal lovers have known all along.
Volunteer’s cookies fetch $75,000 for Boys & Girls Club of Dundee Twp. Dec 20, 2014 7:25 AM
A batch of 500 cookies were auctioned off at a stunning $75,000 to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Dundee Township. “They are that good,” said Tom Roeser of Otto Engineering, who made the winning bid. But anyone who knows Roeser also knows it’s all about the businessman’s commitment to the betterment of local youth, says baker Barbara Ferguson. “It’s just wonderful what he did,” she said.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Dec 19, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of December 15.
Lawsuit: Carpentersville police lied about birthday arrests Dec 19, 2014 4:12 PM
Four people have filed a malicous prosecution lawsuit against Carpentersville police, saying a trio of officers lied to justify arrests made when responding to a noise complaint at the birthday party of a 5-year-old boy in 2009. The four were acquitted of all charges in a January trial in which a video recording of the incident served as a key piece of evidence.
Dundee Lions wrap up middle school basketball tournament Dec 22, 2014 10:58 AM
The 56th annual Dundee Township Lions Club and District 300 Middle School Boys Basketball Tournament concluded on Thursday, Dec. 18, at Algonquin Middle School.
Enjoy festive train displays at Sun City through Dec. 28 Dec 19, 2014 3:00 PM
The Model Railroad Club of Sun City Huntley will be running model trains this holiday season through Dec. 28. Each year, the club raffles off three model train sets. This year’s raffle is a Canadian Pacific Passenger Train set that includes engine, cars, track and a transformer.
Build a gingerbread house in East Dundee Dec. 21 Dec 18, 2014 3:41 PM
The holiday fun continues in downtown East Dundee with carriage rides, Visits with Santa and Gingerbread House Decorating from from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20. Come see the twinkling white lights and beautifully decorated downtown area while strolling from business to business.
Annual MLK breakfast will feature leader of interfaith youth movement Dec 19, 2014 5:33 PM
Eboo Patel, Ph.D., whose Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) organization is focused on building the interfaith movement on college campuses nationwide, will be the featured speaker at the 20th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast hosted by Benedictine University and College of DuPage on Monday, January 19, 2015. The breakfast will be held from 8:00-9:30 a.m. in the Main Dining Room of the Krasa Student Center on the campus of Benedictine University. Patel, named by U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Leaders of 2009,” is the founder and president of IFYC. The author of several books, Patel is also a regular contributor to The Washington Post, USA Today, Huffington Post, NPR and CNN. He served on President Barack Obama’s inaugural Advisory Council of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and earned a Ph.D. in the Sociology of Religion from Oxford University, where he studied on a Rhodes scholarship. Patel serves on the Religious Advisory Committee of the Council on Foreign Relations, on the board of directors for the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, on the National Committee of the Aga Khan Foundation USA, and on the Department of Homeland Security’s Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee. Both Patel and the IFYC were honored with the Roosevelt Institute’s Freedom of Worship Medal in 2009, and he was recently awarded the Guru Nanak Interfaith Prize, which is given to an individual to enhance awareness of the crucial role of religious dialogue in the pursuit of peace. The King Breakfast, which honors the legacy of the civil rights leader and celebrates diversity, is one of the largest events of its kind in the state. More than 500 community leaders and citizens attend annually. A portion of the proceeds benefits the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund. The event is sponsored by Nicor Gas. For more information and tickets, call the McAninch Arts Center at (630) 942-4000 or visit http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?pid=7882739. Tickets are $25 each.
Heartland Voices presents its 16th Christmas program Dec 17, 2014 2:35 PM
Heartland Voices, an Elgin-based adult choral ensemble, presents its 16th Christmas program at 3 or 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20, at First United Methodist Church in Elgin, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 21, at Shepherd of the Prairie Church in Huntley. Selections include the Dale Warland arrangement of the “Wexford Carol,” a 12th-century Irish carol most likely of dancing origin, and Rollo Dilworth’s “Sistah Mary,” one of a very few African-American Christmas spirituals that recounts the birth of Christ from the perspective of a slave. Heartland Voices presentations also will include works by Durufle, Powell, Spencer, Hovland, and Kirkpatrick. The music not only spans the centuries, but the many moods of Christmas.
Tri-Cities police reports Dec 17, 2014 4:37 PM
Owen T. Szorc, 24, of St. Charles, was charged Dec. 8 with public drunkenness, according to a St. Charles police report.
Holidays at Friendship Village Dec 18, 2014 7:30 AM
Holidays at Friendship Village
Oak Brook-based IMRF Receives Excellence Award Dec 19, 2014 5:41 PM
Illinois Performance Excellence announces Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund of Oak Brook, IL is a recipient of the 2014 Silver Award for “Progress toward Excellence” for demonstrating effective, systematic, well-deployed approaches that respond to the multiple requirements to most of the Criteria. Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund will be formally honored at the 20th annual award recognition ceremony, “Saluting Excellence,” on March 26, 2015, held at the Abbington Banquets located in Glen Ellyn. “Congratulations to Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund and all of its employees for its commitment to an on-going journey to excellence,” says Darcy Davidsmeyer, President and CEO of Illinois Performance Excellence. “IMRF is taking the lead in its industry to address organizational performance and process/resource alignment with the outcome for better efficiencies, focus and overall results.” Recipients of the ILPEx Silver Award go to those organizations which have demonstrated effective, systematic, well-deployed approaches that respond to the multiple requirements to most of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) was created by the Illinois General Assembly. Since 1941, IMRF has partnered with local units of government to provide retirement, disability and death benefits for public employees. With a funded status of 96.7 percent and $33 billion in assets, IMRF is well-funded and sustainable. Today, IMRF has about 400,000 members and retirees, and serves nearly 3,000 different units of government, including towns and villages, libraries and park districts, and counties and school districts (non-teaching personnel). The average member who retired in 2013 had 22 years of service and received an annual benefit of about $16,500. “For any organization committed to excellence by improving the products or services it provides its customers, clients or members, the task of identifying and implementing the best approach can appear daunting. There are innumerable books and videos on the best management practices. The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund has found the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as implemented by ILPEx to be the most successful and comprehensive approach for developing the culture and infrastructure necessary for meeting our customer service goals. Our members deserve the best and ILPEx is helping us to meet that challenge. IMRF is honored to be recognized for its progress toward excellence as it receives a Silver Award. This recognition and the feedback report support and reinvigorate our efforts to become a world class organization,” said Louis W. Kosiba, Executive Director, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. About Illinois Performance Excellence (ILPEx) ILPEx was founded in 1994 to nurture, develop and highlight excellence by bringing individuals and organizations together, to learn from each other, to share best practices for organizational change and process improvement. As a 501 (c)(3), ILPEx’s mission is to advance Illinois organizations’ capability and knowledge of performance excellence by delivering consultation, instruction and assessments within the framework of the Criteria for Performance Excellence. For more information on how your organization can benefit from services provided by Illinois Performance Excellence, visit www.ilpex.org, or call 630-637-1595. For more information on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, visit www.nist.gov/baldrige/.
Northwest Bible Baptist offers ‘A Christmas to Remember’ Dec 16, 2014 10:33 AM
“A Christmas to Remember” is the title of the Christmas musical to be presented by the adult choir of the Northwest Bible Baptist Church of Elgin on Sunday, Dec. 21, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Lopez's 'Boy' an unimaginative plunge into paranoia
- Blackhawks reporter Mike Spellman mourned as life of the press box
- Rozner: Mike Spellman will be dearly missed
- Church volunteer charged with sex assault
- Fox River & Countryside Fire/Rescue wants tax increase
- Verdi: Spellman a great fit for any press box
- Dawn Patrol: O'Hare again the busiest; Barrington church break-in
- Two charged in Barrington church break-in
- U-46 seeks faith community mentors for 'at-risk' students
- Woodridge man charged with rape, robbery of 80-year-old Westmont woman
- Blackhawks reporter Mike Spellman mourned as life of the press box
- Woodfield Mall reveals new look -- no more brick
- Petition addresses Rt. 20 safety after boy's death
- Griffin: Municipal retiree insurance cost millions in taxes
- 2 Bartlett High students face felony hacking charges
- 'Food Court Wars' eatery closing in West Dundee
- Coroner: Blackhawks staffer Reif committed suicide
- Police seek suspects in robbery outside Arlington Heights Jewel
- Elk Grove resident wins $1 million in lottery
- Gambling backers renew casino push despite declines
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- AUTOBODY TECH/PAINT - AutoBodyTech/Paint Prepper Full-time Positions Available. Call 815-385-5511 between 8am-5pm Mon-Fri (id:4395399) JOB FAIR - HIRING -JOB FAIR!!! FOOD SERVERS -PT HOUSEKEEPERS -FT Date: Thursday, January 22nd Hours: 9:30am-11:30am and: 1:30pm-3:30pm Job Fair Location: Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 Become part of the family, great jobs, great rewards! eoe (id:4395243) COMPUTER CONSULTANT - Oracle Consultant (Lombard) Will handle Oracle Implementations & support Oracle Fin Modules: AP, AR, FA, CM, GL, AGIS. Implement Oracle Fin R12.2 / Oracle Fusion Fin Implementation w Fin Rpt Studio, Smart Vw. Reqs gathering, biz reqs gap analysis & upgrade. Create MD50's for custom RICE obj w smoke tstng. BS IT or CS + 5 yr. exp. FT Comp Slry Trvl. Apply: HR -Code DS, Rolta International, 333 E. Butterfield Rd, #900, Lombard, IL 60148. (id:4395346)
- ORTHODONTIC ASSISTANT - Orthodontic Assistant FT Must be gentle & high energy. Exp & bilingual(Spanish) a plus. firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4395727) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294)
- ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 11/17/2014 through 1/29/2015 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 12/10/14 & 1/14/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 27th, DECEMBER 24th, 25th, 31st & JANUARY 1st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4388608) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396220) SR. PROJECT MANAGER - Sr. Project Manager Sr Project Mgr: Lead high-priority digital projects for ad agency. Duties: Identify strategies/solutions to meet client needs w/in established constraints; estimate costs/timing for tasks; actively participate in all project activities; manage project financial lifecycle; create/maintain project documentation; communicate/drive acceptance of project deadlines, milestones & dependencies; actively track project status, progress, risks & issues; manage scope change process; communicate roles to team members, vendors & clients. Chicago, IL location. Req's Master's degree in business administration or related field & B.S. in Comp Sci or Electronics Eng. Req's 2 yrs exp as Digital Project Mgr. Exp must incl: a) Managing iOS/Android app development; b) managing projects using SCRUM methodology; c) defining scope, budget & timelines for mobile-based projects & e-Commerce/m-Commerce projects; d) development of project plans, estimates, schedules & resource allocation for digital projects; e) usage of project mgmt tools MS-Project, Jira, Redmine & Basecamp, & f) usage of HTML & CSS. Apply online to Leo Burnett Company, Inc. at www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4396071)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.