Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Bloomingdale
Images: An Hour in Bloomingdale Mar 29, 2015 5:00 AM
We spent one hour -- no more, no less -- roaming around Bloomingdale photographing things that caught our eye. The obvious and the obscure, big stuff and small. But all identifiable to Bloomingdale.
College of DuPage Welcomes Community to Renovated Naperville Regional Center Mar 23, 2015 5:41 PM
Judy Thommes (far right), lead instructional assistant at the Naperville Learning Commons, speaks with visitors to the Naperville Regional Center Grand Re-Opening Open House. The recent event attracted more than 100 community members, students and prospective students to tour the 20,460 square-foot facility, where recent renovations included a new science lab, new student lounge areas, a multi-purpose conference room and a faculty workroom. In addition, all classrooms have been updated to reflect a state-of-the-art learning environment. Click here for more photos from the event. (Photos by Press Photography Network/Special to College of DuPage)
Author Sam Weller Shares Work at College of DuPage Writers Read Series Mar 23, 2015 5:43 PM
Acclaimed author and authorized Ray Bradbury biographer Sam Weller recently read and discussed his work as part of the “Writers Read” series sponsored by the Creative Writing Committee, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club and the Liberal Arts division at College of DuPage. Click to view more images or a video from the event. Weller is the authorized biographer of Ray Bradbury. His book “The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury” was a Los Angeles Times bestseller and winner of the 2005 Society of Midland Authors Award for Best Biography and a Bram stoker award finalist. (Press Photography Network/ Special to College of DuPage)
College of DuPage Offers New Game Animation and Design Degree Mar 23, 2015 5:36 PM
College of DuPage is offering a new Game Animation and Design degree that will give students the skills to design video and computer games across multiple platforms. Recently approved by the Illinois Community College Board, the associate in applied science degree will provide the knowledge for students to gain entry-level positions as a designer and animator in such fields as game development and design, broadcast design, and television effects. “The digital revolution has created jobs that never existed before, while other jobs continue to evolve because of the rapid advancement of technology,” said Erin Birt, Chair of the College of DuPage Board of Trustees. “Students earning this degree will find work creating everything from mobile applications to corporate videos.” John Kronenburger, Associate Dean of Technology, said the degree is a collaborative effort between the Computer Information System and Animation programs at COD. The new degree consists of 68 credit hours and combines existing courses from both programs in a new way. “We are taking both design and development skills that have been taught separately and integrating them together for the first time,” he said. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for software publishers, including game development, is expected to increase 30 percent through 2018. Tony Venezia, Professor of Motion Picture/Television and Animation, said Illinois is the sixth highest state in the nation for game development. More than 49 game development companies and 48 animation companies are located in the Chicago region, as well as one of the fastest-growing independent game development markets in the country. “This is a unique degree because we are combining classic animation techniques with video game skills and integrating animation into two- and three-dimensional programming,” he said. “It’s exciting to bring these areas together because of the tremendous potential for student success in the workplace.” For more information, call (630) 942-2020, (630) 942-2599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COD physics professor gets nailed in class Mar 23, 2015 6:35 PM
College of DuPage physics professor David Fazzini lies on a bed of nails as physics professor Tom Carter smashes a cinder block on top of him. The demonstration in Fazzini’s Physics 1100 class was part of a lecture on the principles of energy.
At Work teams talk best, and worst, workouts Mar 23, 2015 5:45 AM
When it comes to physical activity, teams participating in the Fittest Loser At Work Challenge are discovering new passions — as well as a few aversions. In Week 4 of the challenge, teams were asked to sound off on their workouts. Team members shared what they liked, what they disliked and what they found difficult.
Glendale Heights business owners rebuild home after fire Mar 24, 2015 10:06 AM
Kukec's People features Cindy and Gary Blaski, owners of Allegra Marketing Print and Mail in Glendale Heights, who saw their home of 25 years destroyed in a fire. No one was hurt, but they lost everything. Now he and his wife are putting their lives and home back together and they continue to balance their company needs.
Flood Brothers Disposal pioneers BioBin program to compost food waste Mar 17, 2015 3:39 PM
In a continuing effort to improve waste recycling in our communities, a test program is under way at the Flood Brothers plant to recycle food waste in an innovative way. Food scraps and other organic material — collected from restaurants, food service organizations and grocery stores — are placed in Bio-Bins filled with earthworms. The worms eat the nutrient-rich fruit and vegetables, turning them into compost. This compost is known as vermicompost, which is valuable as a plant fertilizer.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Couple marry after meeting at Biggest Loser Resort Mar 16, 2015 5:30 AM
What started out as a walk on a treadmill ended up being a walk down the aisle. A couple who met doing workouts in The Biggest Loser Resort's weight loss program in Bloomingdale fell in love and got married Jan. 24, after losing a combined 140 pounds. Patrick and Sarah Johnson, who now live in Palatine, believe fate intervened to bring them together this way. “The resort completely changed our lives,” Patrick said.
DuPage park districts ‘scrambling’ with state grants suspended Mar 14, 2015 7:35 AM
Major park district projects are in jeopardy across DuPage County after Gov. Bruce Rauner’s decision to suspend state grants for park construction and land. Plans to buy land that almost became a gas station near Glen Ellyn; to add amenities to a park in Bloomingdale; to create a new recreation center in Roselle; to build an indoor turf center in West Chicago; and to improve a fitness facility in Aurora all were put on hold.
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
Express Employment Professionals Hosts National Leadership Event Featuring Daymond John, Dan Aykroyd and Liz Murray Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Back for its sixth year and sponsored by the Chicagoland Express Employment Professionals offices, the FREE event will be held Wednesday, April 8 at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Ill. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the program begins at 7:50 a.m.
Griffin: Who benefits from business district tax? Mar 11, 2015 5:30 AM
Shoppers pay an extra sales tax on purchases within certain suburban business districts, with most of the money going to developers or to pay off municipal loans that finance shopping center development.
GLMV Chamber of Commerce Presents Breakfast For Growth Seminar: ‘March Into Marketing You Biz’ - 3/18 Mar 12, 2015 10:13 AM
Get pro tips and discover how to use the power of marketing to increase exposure and visibility of your business, at the upcoming GLMV Chamber of Commerce Breakfast For Growth Seminar "March Into Marketing Your Biz" to be held Wednesday, March 18, 7:30 - 9 am at the GLMV Chamber Office, 1123 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
Join GLMV Chamber of Commerce at economic luncheon Mar 13, 2015 12:57 PM
Business leaders, managers and executives can prepare for the future at the GLMV Chamber of Commerce 2015 Economic Outlook Luncheon to be held Tuesday, March 17, at Dave & Busters, Westfield Mall, Vernon Hills.
Writers Welcome to Attend Presentation By Author Joelle Charbonneau Mar 6, 2015 7:40 AM
Writers Welcome to Attend Presentation By Author Joelle Charbonneau
Mindfulness and Soul Care Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
Mindfulness is the act of paying purposeful attention to the present moment. It offers us a way to enjoy our lives more and reduce stress through a few simple practices.
2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
More than 100 seventh and eighth grade youth learned ways to improve their leadership skills at the 2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference held Feb. 28 and March 1 at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel in Decatur.
“American Ingenuity” theme of Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 4, 2015 3:29 PM
“American Ingenuity” will be the theme of the upcoming Fox Valley Antiques Show on March 14-15 in St. Charles. The focus will be on design elements of our past, highlighting the ability of top decorators to incorporate those elements into today’s modern look. Blending “old with new” is currently evident in nearly every decorating magazine, catalog and TV show. Antiques are so commonly used that many of the top stores offer reproductions at prices much higher than the cost of an original.
- Authorities: Revenge spurs Naperville man to stab two
- 7 arrested in Aurora sting
- Car crash through Libertyville home was 'explosive,' resident says
- COD board's $66.52-a-person meal cost dwarfs other colleges'
- Woodland Elementary Dist. 50: We're not against charter schools
- Subpoenas seek years of COD records on Breuder, foundation board member
- Barrington Hills to outsource emergency dispatching
- Softball scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- No Campton Hills watering ban this summer
- Make your reservations now for Easter brunches
- Rozner: Bryant decision easy to understand
- One person found shot at Lake Villa area bar
- Lukemeyer steps down at Grant
- Jogger uses pepper spray to fight off Busse Woods assailant
- Final Four all about the head coaches
- Another delay in sex abuse trial of former Chicago Bulls player
- Three groups merge to create mega local hospice organization
- Naperville teen's idea to end cyberbullying picks up steam
- DuPage County prosecutors probing College of DuPage, charges appear unlikely
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora mayor urges alderman to resign; Crystal Lake police hunt bank robber
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CONTROLLER - Controller needed to prepare statements,bank records and taxes.Manage Dept. budgets,HR operations incl. bi-weekly payroll,A-P and sales reports. Microsoft Office exp. Benefits incl. salary DOE fax resume to 630-232-0981 or email to email@example.com (id:4402654) GENERAL OFFICE - ADMIN/CUSTOMER SERV Fast paced west suburban company has FT opening for immediate hire. Superb computer, customer service and phone skills required. Heavy client phone contact. Min 3 yrs office exp. Hard working, team players. Call 630-390-4854 for details. (id:4402749) JOB FAIR - COME AND EXPLORE THE EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIARWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER JOB FAIR Giveaways!!! Refreshments! WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 1:00 PM -5:00 PM WHERE: 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD. SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194 Bridgewater place -SARAH'S GROVE Career Opportunities Available: Registered nurse (FT/PT/POOL) Certified nursing assistant (FT/PT) ON-THE-SPOT INTERVIEWS will be offered! Bring your resume! Friendship Village offers excellent salary and benefits. www.friendshipsenioroptions.org Friendship Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4402540)
- PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893)
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401899) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.