Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Wrigley Field
Ricketts remains optimistic about Wrigley workFeb 12, 2014 12:00 AM
The Cubs unveiled their state-of-the-art spring training facility in the desert Wednesday as chairman Tom Ricketts remained hopeful that work on their historic home back in Chicago will begin soon. “We’re working toward a point that it can get done,” Ricketts said Wednesday. “Everybody’s talking. Everyone has incentives to see us get to that point. And we’re optimistic that we’ll get to the finish line on that pretty soon. But it’s a process. We just got to play through it.”
Braves too strong for Cubs Sep 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Chris Johnson went 3 for 4 with a home run, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Cubs 9-5 on Friday to reduce their magic number to clinch the NL East to one. The Braves broke open a tie game in the top of the ninth inning with four runs — all with two outs. Brian McCann and Johnson each had an RBI single, and Andrelton Simmons followed with a two-run double.
Arroyo helps Reds sweep Cubs with 5-0 victory Aug 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Cubs wasted a solid start by Chris Rusin (2-2) in their fourth straight loss, falling to the Cincinnati Reds 5-0 Wednesday afternoon. The left-hander allowed two runs and three hits while throwing just 76 pitches over six innings. Bronson Arroyo improved to 13-9 with a 2.92 ERA in 30 career games against the Cubs, including wins in each of his last four starts. He has been quite good at Wrigley Field, with an 8-3 record and a 2.83 ERA in 15 appearances.
Cubs drop third straight to Dodgers Aug 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Chris Capuano scattered six hits over 6 1-3 innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers set a team record with their 13th straight road win, 3-0 over the Cubs on Saturday. The Dodgers, who haven't lost on the road since July 6 in San Francisco, eclipsed the 1924 mark set by the Brooklyn Robins.
Punchless Cubs can’t compete with streaking Dodgers Aug 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Mark Ellis extended his hitting streak to 13 games before both he and manager Don Mattingly were ejected, and the Los Angeles Dodgers matched an 89-year-old club record with their 12th straight road victory, beating the Cubs 6-2 on Friday.
Cubs bats can't top Dodgers' PuigAug 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Yasiel Puig hit a long home run and scored two runs to lead the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 6-4 win over the Cubs on Thursday. Hanley Ramirez and Jerry Hairston each drove in two runs for the Dodgers, who got a win a night after having a four-game winning streak snapped and improved their record to 11-2 since the All-Star break.
Wrigley update set for final approvalJul 23, 2013 12:00 AM
A proposed $500 million renovation of historic Wrigley Field received crucial backing Tuesday from the local alderman and a City Council committee, clearing a path for final approval. Alderman Tom Tunney said he signed off on the deal after winning concessions from the Cubs owners, who also own the ballpark. Among them was an agreement not to erect any outfield signs in addition to an electronic Jumbotron in left field.
Ex-Cub Ronny Cedeno beats Cubs with squeeze buntJun 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Ronny Cedeno's squeeze bunt scored Justin Maxwell with the tiebreaking run in the ninth inning to lead the Houston Astros over the Cubs 4-3 on Saturday. J.D. Martinez tied the game with a three-run homer in the sixth for Houston.
Reds win record 12th straight at Wrigley, 2-1 Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Mike Leake combined with Aroldis Chapman on a three-hitter and Todd Frazier hit a tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning against Travis Wood, leading the Cincinnati Reds over the Cubs 2-1 Wednesday for their record 12th straight win at Wrigley Field.
Pirates’ Burnett shuts down Cubs in 6-2 loss Jun 8, 2013 12:00 AM
A.J. Burnett pitched into the ninth inning and Pedro Alvarez and Russell Martin homered to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 6-2 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. Burnett (4-6) gave up four hits and three walks with five strikeouts in 8 1-3 innings to improve to 5-0 in his career at Wrigley Field. He had a shutout until Alfonso Soriano's two-run home run to left with one out in the ninth ended a string of 18 straight scoreless innings by Pirates pitchers.
Liriano nasty, Cubs lose 2-0 Jun 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Francisco Liriano pitched two-hit ball over seven innings and the Pirates beat the Cubs 2-0 Friday for their major league-leading 10th shutout, matching Pittsburgh’s total for all of last season.
Feldman pitches Cubs to 8-2 victory over Mets May 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Scott Feldman pitched shutout ball into the seventh inning and drove in two runs with a big two-out double, helping the Cubs beat the New York Mets 8-2 on Saturday. The Cubs have won five of seven and can win three straight series for the first time with a victory on Sunday. Anthony Rizzo had two hits and his first home run since signing a seven-year contract on Monday.
Harvey mows down Cubs, Mets win 3-2 May 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Matt Harvey won his fifth straight decision, allowing five hits in 7 1-3 innings and singling in the go-ahead run in the seventh to lead the New York Mets over the Cubs 5-0 Friday.
Rockies rock Cubs, 9-4 May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Carlos Gonzalez homered twice and finished with a career-high five hits to lead the struggling Colorado Rockies to a 9-4 victory over the Cubs on Tuesday night. Gonzalez was 5 for 5 and fell a triple shy of a cycle, and Eric Young Jr. also homered for the Rockies, who had lost five of their last six. Colorado had scored 12 runs in those games, including eight Sunday at St. Louis
The Soapbox May 11, 2013 12:00 AM
O'Hare Airport may be getting goats to eat its grass, but there are a few things around the suburbs that get our goats, too. Take a look at Daily Herald editors' opinions.
Wood outpitches Lynn in Cubs’ win over Cards May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Travis Wood pitched impressively into the seventh inning to outduel Lance Lynn, Nate Schierholtz hit a two-run homer and the Cubs snapped the St. Louis Cardinals' six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Tuesday night.
Ricketts: Priority is rebuilding Wrigley Field May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Cubs owner Tom Ricketts reaffirmed his commitment to renovating Wrigley Field and keeping the team in Chicago today during a speech to suburban business executives. He downplayed remarks he made last week to the Union League Club of Chicago, in which he was quoted as saying he might move the Cubs to another location if the renovation plans are not approved.
The SoapboxMay 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Read our editors' opinions about gender diversity in Arlington Heights, an outstanding library in Waukegan and a former House speaker's Olympic push, among other topics.
Feldman tosses 3-hitter, Cubs top Padres 6-2 May 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Scott Feldman retired 18 straight on his way to his first career complete game and the Cubs took advantage of former No. 1 pick Andrew Cashner's wildness in a 6-2 win over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night.
Soriano, Rizzo homer, Cubs beat Rangers 6-2 Apr 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Alfonso Soriano hit his first home run of the season, Anthony Rizzo also homered and the Cubs beat the Texas Rangers 6-2 Thursday at a soggy Wrigley Field. Despite torrential rains that caused citywide floods, the teams were able to play in an occasional drizzle. The Cubs and Texas were rained out Wednesday.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Are potholes inevitable, or can we prevent winter misery?
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- Land of opportunity now of opportunism
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Will I-90 tollway project raise water rates?
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- SAFETY MANAGER - Manufacturing SAFETY MANAGER Butterball LLC is seeking a Safety Manager in our Montgomery IL location. Incumbent will protect the Company's employees and assets against losses, injuries and accidents through enforcement of safe work practices. Direct, implement & oversee the safety, health and key loss prevention programs. Prevents accidents and other safety exposures by developing preventative measures and practices and ensures regulatory compliance by overseeing OSHA, DOT, and other compliance related activities. Will also mitigate risk exposure and process improvements. We requires 7-10 yrs progressive safety related exp/3-5 years mgmt. BA/BS preferably relating to Safety and Health & fluency in all areas of OSHA incl. CFR 1910 and 1928 & legislation affecting these areas. We offer an excellent bene pkg incl life, health, dental, vision, & 401(k) -also a business casual work environment. EOE M/F/D/V. For immediate consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4365657) RESTAURANT - Seasons of Japan Franchise Restaurant Cashier/Food Runner wanted Vernon Hills 847-770-3776 (id:4365900) SR. TAX ANALYST-INTERNATIONAL - Sr. Tax Analyst-International Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Tax Analyst-International in Deerfield, IL with the following req: Master's degree in Business Administration or Accounting or Taxation or related field plus 3 years related experience including: prepare U.S. international tax compliance reporting for the Company's foreign interests such as completion of Forms 5471, 926 & 1118; calculate Earnings & Profits & foreign tax credit pools for each foreign entity; calculate company's foreign tax credit, including the IRC Section 861 interest expense allocations & stewardship expense allocations; calculate Subpart F amounts for foreign entities. Must possess CPA license. Please submit resume to email@example.com. Subject line must reference #K103081 (id:4366009)
- JDE SYSTEMS ANALYST - COMPUTER-Baxter Healthcare Corporation is seeking a Senior JDE Systems Analyst-Logistics/Transportation/ EDI in Vernon Hills, Illinois with the following requirements: Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science plus 5 years related experience including: designing and developing mul-tiple enhancements to the JDE logistics; developing and supporting a global MDM system that controls and main-tains master data in JDE and all other intergrated 3rd party systems; gathering requirements, performing feasibility analysis and designing technical solutions for enhancements across various JDE modules; supporting JDE production environment with troubleshooting complex issues and providing solutions for bug fixes and performance & process improvements; developing and testing EDI (810 and 850) transactions sets in JDE to integrate with various third party systems. Qualified applicants can apply directly to the Baxter Website at: www.Baxter.com. Please reference job #65861BR. EOE (id:4365501) CLASS A CDL DRIVER - Full time Class A CDL Truck Driver wanted for over the road deliveries within 300mi. Curtainside trailer experience is preferred. Must have clean driving record. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4365671) MEDICAL - Orthopedic Practice in Elgin seeking full time receptionist-assistant position. Duties include receptionist, answering phone, scheduling tests and surgery. Energetic, organized, efficient with excellent customer service skills. Benefits include vacation, health insurance and pension plan. Email resume to: email@example.com or fax to 847 931-5321. (id:4364305)
- JANITORS - Janitors -Part Time M -F 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. Seeking exp'd Janiitors/House- keepers for basic cleaning/jan- itorial duties. Must be reliable & have good working ethic. Email to:firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 708-615-8806. Pls apply 8a-3p, M-F at The Custom Companies, Inc. 317 W. Lake St., Northlake, IL, 61064 www.customco.com (id:4366047) SERVICE PLUMBER - SERVICE PLUMBER Industry leading plumbing contractor seeks 1-2 good men to add to our growing Service Dept. Competitive salary/benefits. Never on call. 4 YEARS EXP. as a LEAD MAN absolutely necessary. Jon 847-PLUMBER email: J_romano@jsplumb.com (id:4365760) ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN - JOB FAIR! We are currently hiring for 20+ full time positions for immediate hire! Open Positions: Electronics Technician: No Experience Necessary Customer Service Representatives Purchasing Agents Data Entry Agents Shipping and Receiving Clerks Inventory Clerks To Lerrn more please join us for our Job Fair at the Holiday Inn! Date: 2-17-2014 Time: 6pm to 9pm Where: Holiday Inn 1000 Busse Rd Elk Grove, IL 60007 Date:2-20-2014 Time: 11am to 2pm Where: Holiday Inn 1000 Busse Rd Elk Grove, IL 60007 (id:4365017)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.