Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Winfield
“American Ingenuity” theme of Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 4, 2015 3:29 PM
“American Ingenuity” will be the theme of the upcoming Fox Valley Antiques Show on March 14-15 in St. Charles. The focus will be on design elements of our past, highlighting the ability of top decorators to incorporate those elements into today’s modern look. Blending “old with new” is currently evident in nearly every decorating magazine, catalog and TV show. Antiques are so commonly used that many of the top stores offer reproductions at prices much higher than the cost of an original.
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 10, 2015 5:52 PM
Come find your original (not a mass-produced, “Made in Taiwan” copy) at the Fox Valley Antiques Show. The gathering will feature 55 dealers from 14 states, bringing a great variety of 18th- to early-20th century antiques to St. Charles on March 14-15.
Robert Greer: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Robert Greer, running for Winfield Village Board
Dennis Hogan: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Dennis Hogan, running for Winfield Village Board
Jay Olson: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Jay Olson, running for Winfield Village Board
Rob Hanlon: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Rob Hanlon, running for Winfield Village Board
Robert (Bob) Borsodi: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:44 PM
Candidate information for Robert (Bob) Borsodi, running for Winfield Village Board
Harold Lonks: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Harold Lonks, running for Winfield Village Board
Tony Reyes: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Tony Reyes, running for Winfield Village Board
James Hughes: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for James Hughes, running for Winfield Village Board
Carl Sorgatz: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Carl Sorgatz, running for Winfield Village Board
Endorsements: Hanlon, Hughes, Sorgatz for Winfield village board Mar 3, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Rob Hanlon, James Hughes and Carl Sorgatz for Winfield village board.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
Tri-Cities police reports Feb 24, 2015 1:00 AM
Daniel R. Hudecek of St. Charles and Kevin M. Gancarz of Sugar Grove, were charged with fighting, at 1:04 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of North Third Street, according to a St. Charles police report.
Breaking the Code Feb 23, 2015 10:17 AM
Breaking the Code (BTC) is a research-based prevention simulation that highlights the existence and harmfulness of a hidden and unchallenged bullying social structure.
M/I Homes to Celebrate Herrick Woods Grand Opening with March 5 Ribbon Cutting and VIP Event Feb 20, 2015 5:36 PM
M/I Homes announces it will host a VIP event on March 5 to celebrate the grand opening of Herrick Woods, a new maintenance-free community of 74 attached club homes located in Warrenville, Ill., just north of West Warrenville Road on Herrick Road. The March 5 grand opening will include a ceremonial ribbon cutting for Herrick Woods with Warrenville Mayor David Brummel, and will be the first opportunity for buyers to tour a new decorated model home in the community. Attendees will also enjoy free raffle prizes, gourmet appetizers and beverages. Those interested in being placed on the guest list for the invitation-only VIP event can visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or contact Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271 to register. “Chicago’s western suburbs have long been a top destination for homebuyers, and we’re excited to introduce Herrick Woods as a terrific new option with a central location near major transportation thoroughfares like Interstates 355 and 80, business centers such as the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor, and the vibrant downtown districts of Naperville and Wheaton,” said Ron Martin, region president of M/I Homes. “At the same time, the community is surrounded by natural areas and neighbors the Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, so residents will enjoy living in an area that’s just as scenic as it is convenient.” Herrick Woods offers three floor plans priced from $349,990 to $389,990. Homes measure 2,098 to 2,203 square feet and feature two to three bedrooms, 2½ baths, full basements and two-car garages. Floor plans also feature first-floor master suites, dens, second-floor laundry rooms, and loft spaces, per plan. “The location of Herrick Woods appeals to so many buyers, from families that appreciate being within walking distance from Hubble Middle School to retirees who want a home near plenty of recreational amenities,” said Cheryl Bonk, vice president of sales and marketing for M/I Homes. “We created these club home designs with that range of buyers in mind, and included features we know make the most impact on the comfort and functionality of a home, from open living spaces and flex areas like lofts and dens, to well-placed laundry rooms and even the opportunity for single-level living with a first-floor master suite.” The new decorated model home at Herrick Woods features the Columbus plan, a 2,196-square-foot design with two bedrooms and 2½ baths. On the main floor, the home features a large family room open to a breakfast area and an upgraded kitchen including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and white maple cabinetry. The second floor has two bedrooms, including a master suite with an optional luxury master bath with walk-in shower, as well as a large loft space and a second-floor laundry room. All homes at Herrick Woods include a full basement, and the Columbus model shows this space fully finished and with an available walk-out option. “Our plans at Herrick Woods are extremely versatile in terms of tailoring flexible space like a basement or loft to various lifestyles,” said Bonk. “For example, we show the basement in the Columbus model as a beautifully finished game room with custom built-ins, a bar area and a pool table, but it could just as easily be a workout area, a home office or a playroom for kids.” Bonk added that residents at Herrick Woods enjoy maintenance-free living, with landscaping, exterior maintenance and snow removal provided. “Today’s lifestyles are busier than ever, so by including these services we’re freeing up extra time for our residents to spend on the things that matter most to them,” she said. Herrick Woods is within Community Unit School District 200 and is served by Bower Elementary School, Hubble Middle School and Wheaton Warrenville South High School. In addition to nearby Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, Herrick Woods is a short drive from other recreational destinations including the Morton Arboretum, Cantigny Park and Arrowhead Country Club. The community is less than 10 minutes from downtown Naperville and Wheaton, which both offer shopping, dining and entertainment options. Homes at all M/I Homes communities come standard with the builder’s industry-leading 30-Year Transferable Structural Warranty, which not only allows buyers to purchase with confidence, but also adds value if the home is sold in the future. All homes are also WHOLE HOME Certified, an M/I Homes designation indicating the builder’s superior approach when constructing homes. Upon testing, an M/I home will receive a more favorable HERS (Home Energy Rating System) score than an Energy Star-certified home, which can save buyers upwards of 30 percent on their energy bills. A lower HERS Index means lower energy costs, and on average an M/I home achieves a HERS rating of 60, considerably lower than other builders in the market. To be placed on the guest list for the March 5 grand opening celebration for Herrick Woods, please visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or call Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271. The event will take place from 4:30 - 8 p.m. in the new model home and sales center, located at 27W161 Breme Drive East in Warrenville (intersection of Herrick Road and Huskie Highway Avenue).
'The New Jim Crow' author to visit Benedictine April 21 Mar 12, 2015 10:02 PM
The impact of racial injustice in the American legal system will be the focus of a free lecture by civil-rights-lawyer-turned-legal-scholar Michelle Alexander at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, at Benedictine University. She is the author of the 2010 book, “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness.” In advance of her presentation, Benedictine is encouraging members of the public to join a communitywide reading group and series of weekly discussions related to the book and its theme.
Wheaton doctor reflects on 50 years of CDH in Winfield Feb 19, 2015 8:12 AM
With Central DuPage Hospital celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, Dr. John Messitt of Wheaton is sharing his thoughts about his career at the Winfield hospital, which began on the day the hospital first opened in 1964.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- What you don't know about Internet algorithms is hurting you
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Rihanna makes 'Home' sweeter, but kiddie comedy falls short
- Bright future for Texas despite getting rolled by UConn
- Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board
- No. 1 seed Gamecocks, No. 2 Seminoles meet in regional final
- Join Earth Hour on Saturday:
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Hundreds rally against Indiana religion law
- McNally's in St. Charles to become Valley Lodge Tavern
- Imrem: Cubs worried about 2021? Really?
- Library vote critical in Carol Stream
- District 200 board talks new revenue sources
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- The Soapbox
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: email@example.com. (id:4401929) BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022) QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160)
- ACCOUNTING/ADMIN CLERK - Acctg/Admin Clerk -Arl Hts Co seeks team player for A/R, A/P, inv, phone/admin functions. 5 hrs/day. Good salary. Email resume & salary history to email@example.com (id:4401881) ASSEMBLER - Job Fair Juno Lighting Group Saturday, March 28, 2015 From 9:00am to 1:00pm Des Plaines, IL Assemblers Hiring for full time, M-F. First and Second shift. Juno Lighting, leader in the design and manufacturing of lighting fixtures in the residential and commercial market, is looking for assemblers. This job requires performing basic, repetitive light assembly of quality company products, using tools that include: electric, manual, mechanical, automatic, semi-automatic and/or pneumatic machines and tools. Assemble boxes and pack final product for shipment. It pays $9.00/hr. Union membership after 60 days. Good Benefits. We are located at 1300 S Wolf Road Des Plaines, (Please access the building through Algonquin Road,) You must be at least 18 years of age to apply (EEO Disclosure) (id:4402008) RN/LPN FULL TIME AND PART-TIME RECEPTIO - Ortho. offiice in Arlington Heights seeking receptionist-MA (20-30 hrs) and full time office nurse. Orthopedic experience preferred but not required. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (847) 593-0872 (id:4402502)
- DRIVERS - Drivers Se solicitan conductores Quality Carriers, la lnea de camiones cisterna No. 1 en EEUU est buscando conductores con licencia CDL-A con disponibilidad inmediata. Quality Carriers tiene ms de 100 aos de existencia, y cuenta con 100 terminales. Solicite hoy y compruebe la diferencia que Quality puede hacer en su vida! $5000 de Bono de Contratacin para Operadores Propietarios! $1000 de Bono de Contratacin para Conductores de la Compaa Hay Puestos para Conduccin en Carretera y Local Disponibles Ahora Solictud Sencilla en www.work4qc.com. Llame a Ken hoy 1-708-457-7600 Ofrecemos: Paga Mxima y Beneficios Equipo con Modelos Actuales Horario Regular Trabajo estable todo el ao Estndares de Seguridad Lderes en la Industria Disponibilidad de paquete completo de beneficios Para Calificar: Registro de Vehculos de Motor Limpio 22 aos o mayor Avalado por Hazmat o Tanker Habilidad de obtener la tarjeta TWIC 1 ao de experiencia en TT TANKER TOUGH Call 1-708-457-7600 (id:4400963) PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863) HUNTLEY FIREFIGHTER - is accepting applications for FIREFIGHTERS Application Deadline: 4pm. on 4-27-15 Application Fee: $30 Entry-Level and Subjective Written Exam: 9am, 5-16-15, Huntley HS Contact: IOS Recruitment Recruitment.iosolutions.org 800-343-HIRE email@example.com (id:4402403)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.