Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wheeling
Wheeling native Haley Reinhart inks new publishing deal Oct 23, 2014 6:04 AM
Wheeling native and ‘American Idol’ contestant Haley Reinhart has expanded her publishing deal with ole, the independent rights management company who has been responsible for getting her music exposure on TV shows and films. Under the new deal, ole gains worldwide copublishing rights to Reinhart’s catalog and future work and will provide support for her to record a new EP.
Harper launches Financial Boot Camp for businesses Oct 21, 2014 7:41 AM
Harper College Small Business Adviser Anthony Baldassano had a feeling there might be a host of northwest suburban entrepreneurs coming up healthy in the idea department – but a little out-of-shape in the area of financial management. His solution: Launch a Financial Boot Camp geared specifically toward local small businesses. The unique program, offered by Harper’s Small Business Development Center, offers a series of two-hour workshops focused on all aspects of small business financial management, from keeping financial records and smartly managing cash flow to determining realistic budgets and understanding small business tax issues. “There are so many people who have great ideas for great businesses, but maybe need a little additional guidance in the financial arena,” says Baldassano, a CPA and small business owner who’s overseeing the program and leading the sessions. “We want to help local entrepreneurs connect the dots and actually experience financial success.” Baldassano has worked as a financial analyst for a Fortune 500 company, managed a tax department for a privately held company and served as operations manager for a business startup. The workshops run from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Harper Professional Center, 650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 18N in Schaumburg. The cost is $50 per workshop, or $175 for all four. To register or for more information, call the SBDC at 847.925.6520 or visit harpercollege.edu and search SBDC. Workshops are: Thursday, October 23: Understanding “The Books.” Participants will learn to keep the necessary records, set up functional recordkeeping systems and review financial statements. Thursday, October 30: Using QuickBooks to Successfully Manage Your Business. Attendees will learn to take QuickBooks beyond basic bookkeeping, create effective reports to manage day-to-day operations, and get tips for digging into their business’ numbers to analyze operating results and their impact on the bottom line. Thursday, November 6: Managing Cash Flow: Your Business’ Survival Depends On It. Participants will learn to calculate and accurately project their business’ cash flow. Thursday, November 13: Budgeting and Forecasting for Small Business. Attendees will get the scoop on preparing a budget, and will learn to make reasonable, useful financial forecasts.
Beer-seeking Wheeling burglar gets four years Oct 21, 2014 5:49 PM
A Wheeling woman who entered a stranger’s home and announced “I want beer” will get a four-year prison sentence instead. Convicted in September of residential burglary, Lidia Zuradzka, 52, was sentenced to prison Tuesday.
Night life events: Fall for Tap House’s seasonal drinks Oct 21, 2014 3:00 PM
Tap House Grill's suburban locations embrace fall with themed drinks through Oct. 31. Among the choices are the pumpkin martini for $6 and dracula’s kiss, made with Effen black cherry vodka, Coke and bourbon-soaked cherry. Get happy all day Monday through Friday at Saranello’s in Wheeling with $5 Lemoncello Lemonade, White Peach sangrias, cosmo martinis, and red and white wines.
Northwest suburban police blotter Oct 21, 2014 3:41 PM
Thieves stole a 2015 silver Jeep Compass valued at $23,000 from Napleton Jeep, 1155 W. Dundee Road, Arlington Heights. The theft was reported Oct. 10. And burglars entered on Oct. 12 a home on the 900 block of North Carlow Drive in Des Plaines and stole items valued at $13,100.
Buffalo Grove show choir to mark its 40th anniversary Oct 27, 2014 2:44 PM
Buffalo Grove Expressions Show Choir Marks 40th Anniversary with Entertainment, Dinner and Auction on “Cabaret Night," Nov. 8.
Listen to voters and don’t extend runway Oct 20, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Mary Papantos accuses Wheeling of not being upfront about runway expansion plans at Chicago Executive Airport, and says voters should be able to weigh in.
Elaine Tejcek Artwork at Des Plaines Public Library Oct 20, 2014 7:37 AM
Elaine Tejcek Artwork at Des Plaines Public Library
Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band” Oct 20, 2014 7:41 AM
Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band” [No Paragraph Style]Headline 24Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band”
Mary Olson Artwork Exhibit Oct 20, 2014 7:28 AM
Mary Olson Artwork Exhibit
Oil painter featured at Des Plaines Art Guild meeting Oct 30, 2014 11:08 AM
5.13- with one photo - page 4 NO WEB November Meeting of the Des Plaines Art Guild
FootGolf latest craze to hit suburban links Oct 18, 2014 7:38 AM
A new combination of golf and soccer -- called FootGolf -- is popping up at suburban golf courses as managers look to get more use of their facilities and attract new players. “It follows 99 percent of the rules of golf but instead of having a club and a little ball and many struggles, it’s just kicking the ball forward and aiming toward a 21-inch cup,” said Carols Stremi, founder of the Illinois FootGolf Association.
Book notes: Mario Batali intros new book at Tivoli Theatre Oct 18, 2014 6:45 AM
Chef, restaurateur, TV personality and author Mario Batali introduces his new book, “America Farm to Table,” co-authored by Jim Webster, at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove.
Wheeling High School begins Entrepreneurship Class Oct 17, 2014 10:47 PM
Wheeling High School is debuting an entrepreneurship program this school year based off the popular Lean Method that helps develop businesses.
Classic Oak and Leather Holding Going-Out-Of-Business Sale Oct 17, 2014 1:32 PM
Classic Oak and Leather, a leading retailer of quality wood furniture for 34 years, is closing its store and holding a going-out-of-business sale on Friday, Oct. 17, located at 955 E. Rand Road in Arlington Heights. Known for its hand-crafted Amish bedroom and dining room furniture at affordable prices, Classic Oak and Leather at one time had six stores in the Chicago area.
Crews plug gas leak in Wheeling Oct 16, 2014 11:44 PM
Utility crews were able to plug a “significant” gas leak on Hintz Road in Wheeling, where construction crews struck an 8-inch main Thursday, authorities said. The leak was stopped at 5:50 p.m., though crews worked into the night on more permanent repairs to the main, said Wheeling Batallion Chief Mark Menzel.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Epic Center Hosts Senior Gathering Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM
Two months after its grand opening on Aug 1st, Epic Healthy Living Education Center hosted several senior gatherings and other educational, entertaining events for the northern suburb communities.
Culinary class to explore sausage-making craze Oct 16, 2014 7:18 AM
Culinary class to explore sausage-making craze
Duckworth has proven leadership skills Oct 16, 2014 5:01 AM
A Wheeling letter to the editor: I consider myself a fiscally moderate, socially progressive independent. Since my first vote in 1972, I’ve always voted my conscience. I was honestly horrified when my district lines were changed after the last census, finding myself contemplating the possibility of another term being unrepresented by Joe Walsh. I was so relieved when Tammy Duckworth was elected.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Harper College honors alums
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Dist. 200 hosts forum on controversial school funding bill
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- Dawn Patrol: No charges in standoff; more money for Metropolis
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.