Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Warren Township High School
St. Charles North smothers Warren Dec 29, 2014 4:30 PM
PONTIAC — They were truly daggers to Warren. St. Charles North reserve guard Armon Osborne hit two of his five 3-pointers on consecutive possessions midway through the fourth quarter. The last of his game-high 15 points nearly doubled the North Stars’ lead as the St. Charles North smothered Warren with its defense in the first game of the Pontiac Holiday Tournament Monday morning.
Images: 2014 Pictures of the Year, Lake County Dec 29, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald photo staff share some of their best 2014 pictures from around Lake County.
Wheeling whips up winning finish at Warren Dec 27, 2014 10:48 PM
The recipe for success for the Wheeling girls basketball team might involve only one step on most nights. “Just add water,” Warren coach John Stanczykiewicz said with a laugh. “That’s all you need with (Deanna) Kuzmanic. She’s instant offense. She might be the best player we’ve faced all year. “(Kuzmanic) affects the game in so many ways. She creates good space to get her shot off. She never takes a bad shot. And she looks for her teammates incredibly well.” Kuzmanic, who will play college basketball next year at Division I Alabama-Birmingham, was the perfect blend of scorer and facilitator for Wheeling on Saturday night in the championship game of the Warren Blue Devil Classic. The 5-foot-9 senior guard scored 28 points on 7 three-pointers and dished out 7 assists to lead Wheeling to a breezy 69-38 victory over Warren.
Images: Wheeling vs. Warren girls basketball Dec 27, 2014 9:12 PM
Wheeling faced Warren in the championship game of Warren's girls basketball tournament on Saturday, Dec. 27 in Gurnee.
Girls basketball / Lake County roundup Dec 26, 2014 11:53 PM
Sophomore point guard Ashley Reiser scored a game-high 17 points and hustled for 10 rebounds, and Antioch’s girls basketball team opened the Lisle Holiday Cage Classic with a 59-31 win over Walther Christian on Friday.
Hughes’ practice helps Warren shoot down Palatine Dec 23, 2014 8:39 PM
The shots just weren’t falling for Warren freshman Jordyn Hughes. So the perfect remedy for Hughes was to, well, shoot. Prior to the Blue Devils third game of the 2014 Blue Devil Classic against Palatine, Hughes went to Libertyville Sports Complex and worked with her shooting coaches. “We all saw the type of player that Jordyn can be over the summer,” said Warren coach John Stanczykiewicz. “Her teammates saw that she could score 18, 20, 28 points over the summer — they knew Jordyn could score.” The little bit of extra practice went a long way for Hughes on Tuesday night as her high school career-high 20 points lifted the Devils to their third straight win in the tournament 48-36 over Palatine. Warren (4-8) will face Grayslake Central at 4:30 p.m. Friday while Palatine (5-9) will face Wheeling at 3 p.m.
Girls basketball / Lake County roundup Dec 22, 2014 11:09 PM
At the Mundelein holiday tournament, Jasmine Sangster scored 15 points and Andrea Weaver added 10 points to lead Grant to a v56-40 ictory over Champaign Central.
Prokof, Warren win a close one Dec 20, 2014 10:39 PM
Standing at the foul line with the game on the line was a situation Paige Prokof had never experienced in her basketball career. Having the chance to win a game in the final seconds was a situation Warren had not experienced much of this season. In Warren’s opening game of its Blue Devil Classic against Carmel Catholic on Saturday, Prokop attempted to put back an offensive rebound and was fouled with 3.5 seconds left and the score tied. “We shoot a lot of free throws in practice,” Prokof said. “I just kept thinking about what I would do in practice. ‘Calm down. You can do this.’ ” With her adrenaline flowing, the senior forward missed the first throw. She composed herself, however, and swished the second. And when Carmel couldn’t get off a last-second shot, Warren had pulled out a 40-39 win.
Libertyville’s Harrington takes the long view at Lake County meet Dec 20, 2014 9:25 PM
Libertyville standout swimmer Matt Harrington summed it up best. “The Lake County Invite is always a great training meet and it’s still early in the season so it also serves as kind of an experiment to see where you stand,” the Princeton-bound senior said after winning the 500 freestyle, finishing second in the 200 freestyle and taking legs on the second-place 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams. “I’m really working on getting mentally stronger. I do well and get off to good starts but then I tend to fall off at the end. Today I swam almost 900 yards. That’s great for getting more familiar with the pain that goes along with getting stronger. Plus, by swimming the longer events it helps me finish stronger in the shorter events.” Incidentally, Harrington’s times in the 200 (1:41.85) and 500 freestyle (4:43.89) were both school records, which made first-year coach Mike Cunningham even more ecstatic.
Plichta, Fremd beaming after New Trier victory Dec 20, 2014 7:41 PM
A standout team effort on the balance beam helped Fremd's girls gymnastics team win the New Trier Holiday Invite for the third straight year with a 144.55, while Carmel Catholic finished in the second spot (142.725) and host New Trier placed third (142.35) in Winnetka on Saturday.
Girls basketball: Lake County roundup Dec 20, 2014 12:02 AM
Lakes’ girls basketball team had to work hard to pull out a 56-44 win over Marian Central in an opening-round game of the Northern Illinois Holiday Classic at Woodstock on Friday night. Lakes (5-5) trailed 29-20 at the break.
Bruising victory for Stevenson Dec 19, 2014 11:48 PM
A hustling Jalen Brunson ran into a brick wall — Caleb Reams, actually — fouled and tumbled, landing on his left shoulder. Stevenson’s star won’t lose many battles. Most high school basketball players, however, won’t fare well when crashing into Reams, Warren’s 6-foot-3, 240-pound University of Illinois football commit. “I’m just icing it. It’s a little sore,” Brunson said of his shoulder. “It’s got a little bruise on it. I kept trying to stretch it out (during the game). But I should be fine.” At game’s end, all was well for Stevenson and Brunson, too. Brunson, who didn’t miss any time on the court after his first-quarter collision with Reams, scored 10 of his game-high 18 points in the fourth quarter, and Stevenson held off a furious rally by the visiting Blue Devils to win 50-41 Friday night.
Boys basketball: Holiday scouting, Lake County Dec 18, 2014 7:37 PM
Here’s a closer look at the tournaments that the high school boys teams in Lake County will be involved in over the next couple of weeks.
Girls basketball: Holiday scouting, Lake County Dec 18, 2014 10:11 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school girls basketball teams of Lake County over the holiday break.
Falish happy to fill it up for Warren Dec 13, 2014 9:54 PM
Jake Falish could fill in as a coach for a day. And with Warren coach Ryan Webber sick with a cold, maybe that could work out, as Stevenson is next up for the Blue Devils. It was Round Two of Warren-Mundelein. And in this North Suburban Lake Division matchup in Gurnee, Falish doubled his points from the first meeting of the clubs in late November at Mundelein’s Thanksgiving tournament. His 20 points helped the Warren cause in a 64-40 romp over the winless Mustangs on Saturday night.
Larock lifts Prospect at Conant Dec 13, 2014 8:24 PM
Prospect coach Randy Smith was effusive in his praise of senior Maddie Larock, and who could blame him after her performance Saturday at the Conant girls gymnastics invitational? Larock, in a tremendous effort, helped lead the Knights to an upset win and the first place trophy in the 36th annual meet in Hoffman Estates. The senior finished second on the uneven parallel bars event and tied for second on balance beam as Prospect (108.52) edged Carmel (108.45) for the title.
Boys swimming: Scouting Lake County Dec 13, 2014 9:21 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school boys swimming teams of Lake County this season.
Johnson, Antioch still unbeaten in NSC Prairie Dec 12, 2014 11:38 PM
Kelly Johnson scored a game-high 17 points, and Antioch’s girls basketball team stayed hot Friday night, cruising to a 63-30 win over host Round Lake. Sophomore Erika Gallimore added a career-high 13 points and 8 rebounds for Antioch, which improved to 9-2 and 4-0 in the North Suburban Prairie Division with its sixth win in a row. The Sequoits’ Amy Reiser added 11 points and 7 steals, while Ashley Reiser finished with 9 points and 6 assists.
Vernon Hills encouraged by Rattner’s return Dec 12, 2014 8:49 AM
The 74-64 win over host Lakes was only part of the good news for Vernon Hills’ boys basketball team Wednesday night. The best part was that Sam Rattner made his return to the court after missing, surprisingly, only two games. The 6-foot-1 senior forward went 2 of 2 from the foul line in the fourth quarter for his only points. It was Nov. 28 when Rattner was undercut and took a bad spill during the Cougars’ 40-39 loss to host school in the Northridge Prep Thanksgiving tournament. A returning varsity player, Rattner was fortunate that he suffered only what coach Matt McCarty called a deep contusion bruise on his tailbone.
Boys basketball: Lake County roundup Dec 10, 2014 11:03 PM
Michael Green scored a game-high 22 points for Round Lake in a 45-39 victory over Grant on Wednesday in North Suburban Prairie play as the Panthers snapped a five-game losing streak.
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pradel praises 'teamwork' during 20 years leading Naperville
- Lawsuit filed in fatal Highland Park hospital shooting
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Counselors: Heroin treatment requires work, support
- Space heater blamed for Mount Prospect fire
- $1 million bail for Streamwood man in sex assault case
- Meet Naperville North's next principal
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- Rivalry adds memorable game
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Girls basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- 63-year-old Grayslake woman drops 170 pounds
- Man shot while walking along Elgin street
- Society of respect begins with equal rights
- Just now concerned about middle class?
- Only 1 true patriot can save America
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- $270 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Glendale Heights
- Woodfield Mall reveals new look -- no more brick
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Teen drug treatment addresses motivation, relationships
- LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Paul Fritz Landscape Con-tractors, St. Charles, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in Kane & DuPage co's to lay sod/seed; grade; mow, trim, plant, water; fertilize, dig, rake, prune; pull/chop weeds; install segmental units; use tools;lift/ carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/educ; 40hpw; 7:30a-5:30p M-F; Sat work;$12.72/ hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; arranged shared rental housing. Fax resume to 8474640403 (id:4396491) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD15.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396415)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396639) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) DRIVER - A Class CDL driver -immed-iate position open -Glenview area. Hrly pay with benefits. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396382)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) INSURANCE - Get Under the Umbrella Travelers is one of the nation's leading insurance service organizations, and we're hiring those who can excel in our fast-paced work environment. NOW HIRING in Lake County: Outside Property Claim Reps w/Experience APPLY TODAY at www.travelers.com/careers Job ID# 815632 Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. (id:4396528) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.