Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Teachers
New disagreement in Dist. 60 teacher's strike: school lunches Oct 27, 2014 1:49 PM
Along with teacher salary raises and benefits, something new was added to the list of things the Waukegan School Disrict 60 administration and the teacher's union cannot agree on: school lunches. In a post to the district website Sunday, the administration said union leadership was holding up a district plan to suspend the ongoing teacher's strike two hours a day to resume food service that is available to some students during the school year.
New Barrington District 220 kindergarten plan doesn't make half-days transfer Oct 22, 2014 6:02 AM
A proposed fee-based full-day kindergarten program at Barrington Area Unit School District 220 no longer would transfer half-day kindergarten students out of the elementary schools, officials said Tuesday.
Waukegan Dist. 60 classes canceled again because of strike Oct 19, 2014 8:38 PM
Classes are canceled again Monday because of the ongoing strike in Waukegan Unit District 60, which has seen some 1,200 teachers hit the picket lines for more than two weeks. Contract negotiations between the district and union have not resumed since talks broke down last Wednesday.
Roslyn Road dedicates new Outdoor Learning Center Oct 7, 2014 5:59 PM
The new Outdoor Learning Center at Roslyn Road Elementary School was dedicated at a ceremony Monday night with the snip of a pair of oversized scissors held by Principal Paul Kirk and several Roslyn students. The new space features an outdoor classroom outfitted with chalkboards, benches and a overhead sun screen to shield learning minds from UV rays. “The goal is that the OLC will be used by all classrooms, for activities formal and informal, in order to bring a richer understanding and appreciation of our natural world,” Kirk said.
Salary increase a sticking point in Dist. 75 teacher’s contract talks Oct 5, 2014 8:57 PM
The Mundelein Elementary District 75 School Board said one sticking point in the contract negotiations with the district’s teachers is the amount of a salary increase teachers will receive, according to a letter sent to parents Sunday. The board and the Mundelein Elementary Education Association have been negotiating a new contract to replace the old terms that expired June 30th. The board’s letter claims their current proposal to the union includes salary increases that are substantially higher than inflation that would make the salaries of District 75 teachers competitive with similar districts.
Wheeling teacher plays key role in bilingual education Sep 8, 2014 10:51 AM
Children born to non-English speaking parents living in America have the added challenge of mastering a new language in addition to everything else they need to learn in elementary school. These are the children that Laurie Mason loves to teach. “She just puts 110 percent into everything she does,” colleague Jennifer Costa said.
Elgin science teacher uses nature to engage students Aug 12, 2014 1:22 PM
She’s the 2014 Environmental Educator of the Year and her work with students has been featured in two PBS documentaries. Deb Perryman has received many accolades in her 24-year teaching career. What’s the secret to her success with students? “I’m always looking for a way to go outside of a book, looking for a way to bring in the real world,” said Perryman, who has taught biology and environmental science at Elgin High School for nearly 21 years.
Teachers bring teamwork to Palatine classroom Jun 9, 2014 12:48 PM
Natalie Saia and Tony Leva started teaching together this school year, creating a collaborative classroom for students with special needs and ones without them. That atmosphere springs from their own example. Two teachers who treat each other as equals. Two teachers who learn from each other. “Words can't describe how awesome these teachers are,” said Brandyn Manzek, 12.
Rosary teacher Falguni Soni has a passion for science May 12, 2014 7:35 AM
Rosary High School teacher Falguni Soni is passionate about getting girls to consider a career in science. "I see my role not only as a teacher and a coach but also as a role model in the field of science," she says.
New contract gives Dist. 207 teachers merit pay May 6, 2014 5:31 PM
Maine Township High School District 207 teachers who earn “excellent” ratings on annual evaluations will be eligible for $1,250 merit stipends, under terms of a five-year contract extension approved this week. District 207 is believed to be one of the few school districts in Illinois to include merit stipends in a teachers contract, officials said.
One teacher who made a big difference May 5, 2014 1:40 PM
Mrs. Irwin was old, even in the 1970s, and Margaret Kaden didn't care all that much for her language arts class. Today, Mrs. Irwin is 102, and has lived long enough for Kaden to realize her long-ago class gave her the tools to be successful in her career and in life. A Teacher Appreciation Week essay.
Streamwood High music teacher finds students' inner talent Feb 7, 2014 4:50 PM
David Hain's colorful personality exudes an energy that resonates with his students. A Golden Apple Award finalist, Hain teaches guitar theory, music theory, choir and orchestra at Streamwood High School. He has a knack for bringing out the singer/musician in everyone, students say.
Elk Grove P.E. teacher helps make school healthy Dec 9, 2013 5:42 AM
Colleagues of Will Hogan at the Ridge Family Center for Learning in Elk Grove Village say more kids are choosing healthy lifestyles thanks to him. The P.E. teacher is the driving force behind the school's efforts to promote daily physical fitness and nutritional awareness — efforts that have been recognized nationally by first lady Michelle Obama and others.
St. Charles teacher wants collaborative effort in math Nov 22, 2013 11:26 AM
Tina King is a sixth grade teacher at Wredling Middle School in St. Charles Unit District 303 who takes the fear out of math by focusing on life skills, not just fractions.
For Lyn Scolaro's students, the classroom is only the beginning Sep 9, 2013 8:28 AM
For longtime Italian teacher Lyn Scolaro, learning a new language is about more than vocabulary words and conjugating verbs — it's a doorway. “Italian is a beautiful, musical language,” Scolaro says. “(Italians) put their passion and personality into it. The language, like everything there, is a way of life.”
Schaumburg band director enters ‘senior year’ Aug 24, 2013 9:27 AM
Schaumburg High School Music Department Chair Kevin Miller has gotten into the habit of telling his senior band members they have work hard because it’s their last year. Now, his students are playing that card on him. Miller, who's retiring at the end of the school year, said what he enjoys most about teaching has remained the same over his 33-year career. “I’ve always loved the kids. It’s all about the kids," he said.
Dundee-Crown special education teacher stresses literacy Aug 12, 2013 5:32 AM
Karen Leinen's 15 years moving up the corporate ladder with FedEx gave her plenty of leadership training and recognition, but “I found that no matter how much personal success I had achieved, there was something still missing. I was doing it all for me,” Leinen said. “None of it was in the service of others.” She now teaches special education at Dundee-Crown High School in Carpentersville.
Harper Grad Will Tackle Next Courses as Fellow in Germany May 15, 2013 1:37 PM
After completing her Harper College associate degree this May, Stephanie Bemis will head to a yearlong fellowship in Germany on the prestigious Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals.
Tips from a great teacher May 13, 2013 7:12 AM
Tips from a great teacher: Al Ochsner's advice
Al Ochsner, in the words of his students May 15, 2013 9:41 AM
What students have to say about Al Ochsner
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.