Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Stevenson High School District 125
Stevenson High students volunteer on day off Jan 20, 2014 12:00 AM
With classes canceled because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, dozens of Stevenson High School students tackled community service projects across Lake County on Monday.
Schools want out of SEDOL: Jan 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The Lake County regional school board will hold a special meeting Jan. 28 to discuss whether three local districts should be allowed to withdraw from the Special Education District of Lake County.
Popular Stevenson High School teaches sees beyond academic performance Jan 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Stevenson High School communications arts teacher Bill Fritz, who has built his career on empathy and compassion, has been selected by the Daily Herald as a "Top Teacher" for his passion, dedication and extra effort. The designation honors suburban educators who distinguish themselves in the classroom and beyond.
Three families want to leave Lake Zurich District 95 to join neighboring districtsJan 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Three families are seeking approval from a regional education agency to leave Lake Zurich Unit District 95's boundaries. They want their properties to be within Kildeer-Countryside Elementary District 96 and Stevenson High School District 125. “It really has to do with geographical issues,” one resident said.
Dave Habley, Stevenson’s first band director, has died Jan 10, 2014 12:00 AM
A funeral will be held Saturday for Dave Habley, Stevenson High School’s first band director. Habley, 82, of Lake Zurich, died Monday at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital near Barrington.
Stevenson High wants to leave Lake County’s special district Dec 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Lake County’s regional board of education soon could decide if Stevenson High School can withdraw from a cooperative agency that provides special-education services.
Stevenson High School may borrow $25 million for projects Dec 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Stevenson High school officials are pursuing a $25 million loan to fund renovations and other projects at the Lincolnshire campus over the next three years.
ArtFest at Stevenson High Dec 16, 2013 12:00 AM
The work of Stevenson High School students in visual arts classes will be displayed today and Wednesday at the Lincolnshire school as part of Winter ArtFest.
Stevenson classrooms, labs could get facelift in 2014Nov 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Stevenson High School officials are developing a $9.7 million renovation plan for summer 2014. The project wouldn’t add any new buildings to the already sprawling Lincolnshire campus. Instead, existing educational space and amenities would be modernized or repaired.
Stevenson High stadium being eyed for improvementsNov 21, 2013 12:00 AM
As the Stevenson High Patriots prepare for Saturday’s semifinal playoff game against the Loyola Academy Ramblers, officials are considering enhancing the Lincolnshire school’s stadium. A key goal is improving the ease of ticket sales and entry, Stevenson spokesman Jim Conrey said.
Stevenson High, 2 feeder districts to withdraw from SEDOLOct 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Three Lake County school districts are withdrawing from a regional agency that provides special-education services, citing financial concerns and a desire to educate students locally. “We want to provide the best education possible for special-education students in the least-restrictive environment,” Stevenson High School spokesman Jim Conrey said.
Students arrested at SHS dance: Sep 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Three Stevenson High School students were arrested Saturday night at the Lincolnshire school’s homecoming dance after they were accused of drinking alcohol, police reported Monday.
SHS to form soccer team for kids with disabilities Sep 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Lincolnshire's Stevenson High School is launching a coed soccer program for students with disabilities. Soccer coaches Mark Schartner and Shannon Kolze will lead the effort, the first of its kind in the Chicago area.
Run for fun at Stevenson High: Sep 16, 2013 12:00 AM
The Stevenson High School Foundation and the Stevenson cross country teams will host the inaugural 5-kilometer Color Fun(d) Run at 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22.
“Fake” Stevenson letter offering extra credit for cash was part of history course Jul 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Stevenson High School officials say they have figured out the source and reason for a letter that surfaced on social media last week claiming students could make cash donations for extra credit and other favors. As it turns out, the phony letter was crafted by a summer school world history teacher for instructional purposes.
Quinn at Stevenson High to sign law expanding voting rights to more teens Jul 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Seventeen-year-olds who turn 18 before the November 2014 general election will be able to vote in the March primary, thanks to legislation enacted Wednesday. Gov. Pat Quinn signed the law, dubbed “Suffrage at 17” by its champions, at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire. Stevenson teacher Andrew Conneen and many of his students have lobbied for the proposal for years.
Buffalo Grove native conquers Mount EverestJun 11, 2013 12:00 AM
A former Buffalo Grove native and Stevenson High School graduate climbed to the top of Mt. Everest in May and planted an SHS flag there. Dave Roskelley, 44, said he received a go-ahead from, of all things, a Panda Express fortune cookie. “Soon,” the tiny piece of paper said, “you will be sitting on top of the world.”
Stevenson teacher to officiate ex-students’ weddingMay 24, 2013 12:00 AM
A Stevenson High School teacher will officiate the wedding of two students who met in his class more than a decade ago. "In sociology I teach a lot about a concept called sociological mindfulness, which is realizing all the ways that each of us has an influence on the world, and this is a great example of that," Chris Salituro said.
National Merit Scholarship winners in Lake County May 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Sixteen high school students from Lake County were named National Merit $2,500 Scholarship winners for 2013.
SHS to host short plays: May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Ten one-act plays written, directed and performed by Stevenson High School students will be performed Friday and Saturday at the Lincolnsbhire school.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.