Activate Your Free
Articles filed under St. Charles
Monarch Landing Resident Wins First Place in 5K Run Jul 24, 2014 3:57 PM
Kitty Ganzel is a resident of Monarch Landing, a retirement community which promotes opportunities for seniors to live active and vibrant lifestyles.
St. Charles arts center hosts California fiber artist Jul 24, 2014 5:26 PM
John Marshall of California, an expert katazome (a traditional Japanese stenciling dying techniqu) teaches a guest workshop class on katazome at Fine Line in St. Charles.
Images: Instagram at the Kane County Fair Jul 23, 2014 1:01 AM
Fox Valley photo staff -- Rick West, Laura Stoecker, Brian Hill, and John Starks hit the Kane County Fair last weekend in St. Charles to document it using Instagram.
Geneva Arts Fair: an interactive gallery Jul 23, 2014 3:15 PM
If you want to know the story behind a piece of artwork before purchasing it, the Geneva Arts Fair offers many such opportunities.The fair, which runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 26-27, in downtown Geneva, will provide a venue for more than 155 artisans to sell their original work to thousands of art enthusiasts, while allowing patrons to meet and talk to the artists.
St. Charles police seek to define “intoxication” Jul 23, 2014 5:10 PM
As St. Charles officials continue to try to get unruly bar activity in the downtown under control, the city’s liquor commission is forming its own definition of what it means to be intoxicated. The definition goes beyond the standard training bar tenders receive, giving police a bigger hammer to come down on tavern owners with.
Giant wooden soldier taken down in St. Charles Jul 23, 2014 9:22 PM
If you have traveled north of St. Charles on Route 25 in the past 38 years, you’ve probably been greeted by a larger-than-life wooden soldier. That iconic, 25-foot-tall Revolutionary War soldier on Route 25 north of St. Charles was slowly dismantled Wednesday, taken in for repairs, before it's relocated to a new battlefront in Pingree Grove.
Geneva varsity dance team has success at Universal Dance Camp Jul 22, 2014 5:23 PM
The Geneva High School Varsity Dance Team attended a Universal Dance Camp June 29-July 2 at Illinois State and received top awards.
Joining Taylor YMCA connects individuals to a community Jul 22, 2014 5:09 PM
When dealing with life's daily demands, people need a place to go where they can feel supported and receive help in trying times. By becoming involved with the Taylor Family YMCA in Elgin, individuals have the opportunity to improve their health and well-being and connect with the community, all while participating in their favorite program or activity at the Y.
Join in State Championship Chili Cook-Off July 26 Jul 22, 2014 5:47 PM
The Batavia Riverwalk will heat up at noon Saturday, July 26, as the Batavia Park District and the Batavia Chamber of Commerce team up to host the 22nd annual State Championship Chili Cook-Off.
Annual leukemia/lymphoma benefit concert set for Saturday Jul 22, 2014 6:54 PM
On Saturday, July 26, Beiermann Music and Friends will sponsor the third annual leukemia/lymphoma benefit fundraiser concert at 7 p.m. at Congregational United Church of Christ in St. Charles.
Instagramming the Kane County Fair Jul 23, 2014 3:27 PM
As newspaper photojournalists we are bound by a set of standards and ethics. We document what we see without distorting the truth and try to make images that tell the story of the event we're covering. Sometimes it's fun to just set that stuff aside and make some pictures the way we would if we weren't working.
Experts: Wear flotation devices away from shore Jul 24, 2014 10:20 PM
Personal flotation devices should always be worn by swimmers — no matter how experienced — when in the middle of a lake, the head of a regional dive rescue team and other experts say. “You know nothing can go wrong with a (flotation device),” said Gurnee Fire Department Battalion Chief John Skillman, a rescue diver since 1988. “You can relax.”
Images: The Week in Pictures Jul 21, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features a lot of animals, including horses, cows, and puppies, as well as an image of teachers learning to teach, and several looks at the Kane County Fair.
2015 Banner Art Theme Announced - Applications Now Available Jul 21, 2014 4:53 PM
A Picture of Health
Police Officers Serving “Free” Lunch to Benefit Special Olympics Illinois on 7/25 Jul 21, 2014 4:49 PM
Join local police officers next Friday, July 25, at 14 Texas Roadhouse locations statewide for a “free” lunch benefiting Special Olympics Illinois.
Mueller Financial Services names Brent Kalka partner and VP Jul 21, 2014 4:24 PM
Mueller Financial Services Inc., the financial planning and investment advisory division of CPA and management consulting firm Mueller, announced that Financial Advisor Brent Kalka has been promoted to partner and vice president.
Center for History Honors the Memory of the Eastland Disaster on July 27 Jul 21, 2014 4:58 PM
99th anniversary program and exhibit on Eastland Disaster in Chicago River
Church to show ‘The United States of Secrets’ Jul 21, 2014 5:07 PM
The documentary "United States of Secrets" will be shown at 7 p.m. Friday, July 25, at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva. It goes behind the headlines to reveal the dramatic inside story of the U.S. government's massive and controversial secret surveillance program — and the lengths it went to try to keep it hidden from the public. Special guests will be church members Gail and George Tattersfield, whose niece, documentary filmmaker Laura Poitras, was the first person to take Edward Snowden seriously.
Students can apply for scholarships from St. Charles Rotary Jul 21, 2014 5:08 PM
The Rotary Club of St. Charles is seeking student scholarship applications, postmarked no later than Aug. 15. Students planning to attend or currently attending a college or university are encouraged to apply. Scholarship guidelines and the application are available on the Rotary Club of St. Charles website www.rotarystc.org.
United Way of Elgin and FamilyWize team up Jul 21, 2014 5:02 PM
The United Way of Elgin and FamilyWise have teamed up to combat the nation's mental health crisis and help thousands in need of prescription assistance. The partnership has saved $263,942 for Elgin area residents.
- 4-year-old boy dies in Bensenville house fire
- Arlington Hts. mom dies saving boy in Wisconsin lake
- Former Lake Co. deputy dies in skydiving accident
- Another suburb returns to ComEd, drops alternative supplier
- Boy with heart defect is Buffalo Grove cop for a day
- Family of drowned Elk Grove man sues Chicago gentleman's club
- Lake in the Hills standoff ends peacefully
- Woody Allen's 'Magic in the Moonlight' is just that
- Grayslake Central student's body found in Third Lake
- Hampshire star's major-league dream coming true
- Grayslake Central student's body found in Third Lake
- Friends honor Grayslake teen who drowned
- Semi driver in I-55 crash faked logs, authorities say
- Duran Duran suing Glenview-based fan club company
- Warrant issued for Elgin man accused of stabbing wife
- Crash victims remembered for humor, confidence
- Deal reached to save Town Center in Wheeling
- Streamwood house fire starts in dryer
- Editorial: What's really at stake in the furor at COD
- Maddux admits he's nervous for HOF weekend
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- FOODANDBEVERAGE OPERATIONS MANAGER - The Village of Glendale Heights seeks an energetic, experienced professional for the position of Food and Beverage Operations Manager for our public golf course. Glendale Lakes Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf course owned and operated by the Village of Glendale Heights. Centrally located between the north and south suburbs of Chicago and just 3 miles west of I-355, this Dick Nugent designed golf course challenges golfers of all skill levels. Glendale Lakes Golf Club also has a beautiful banquet facility that accommodates groups up to 250 people and hosts wedding receptions, golf outings, business meetings and other social events. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Golf Course Operations, and directly supervises waitstaff, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers, banquet coordinators, food and beverage clerks and other golf staff, as assigned. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager performs a variety of administrative, supervisory and professional duties in the Food and Beverage Division of the Glendale Lakes Golf Club. This position is responsible for all aspects of food ordering, handling and preparation at the Glendale Lakes Golf Club; controls costs of all food and beverage outlets by overseeing all purchasing of food, beverages, supplies and equipment; and estimating product and personnel levels. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for managing all food and beverage staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action, as needed. This position is responsible for ensuring a pleasant dining experience, and overseeing the creation of menus and menu pricing; maintaining customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and-or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business. The successful candidate will possess: and middot; 5 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required; and middot; 2 years of experience of personnel management, preferably in golf-hospitality-service industry required; and middot; Trade-vocational-degree in culinary or related field preferred; and middot; Experience in resolving customer issues-complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required; and middot; Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and middot; Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; and middot; Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment; and middot; Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment; and middot; Bi-lingual-Spanish speaking a plus; and middot; An Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate and a valid Illinois State driver's license or ability to obtain one within three months from date of employment. Compensation and Benefits The salary range is $44,325 -$63,544, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Village of Glendale Heights offers a generous health and dental benefits package to full-time employees. To learn more about Glendale Lakes Golf Club, visit http:www.glendalelakes.com-How to Apply Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references and a Village of Glendale Heights application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attn: HR Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, IL 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background check. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15-mile radius of the Village. Posted 6-27-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. (id:4378622) SR. PRODUCTCONSULTANT - Computer The Northern Trust Co. is seeking a Senior Product Consultant in Chicago IL, with the following requirements: BS in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering and 5 years of related experience. Prior experience must include: setting up and generating customized reports within an Investment Risk and Analytical Services (IRAS) global team; planning, developing, testing and documenting performance analysis reports in Business Objects XI and SQL; developing automated reports using VBA and SQL based on user requirements; preparing project phase reports including requirements, feasibility, definition and design. Please apply on-line at www.northerntrustcareers.com and search for Req. # GC52497A EOE (id:4380269) PRESS OPERATOR - Printing -Flexographic Press Operators. Prefer exp. in printing, will train. Plant location Mundelein IL. 1st & 2nd shifts. Send resume to: Recruitment, P.O. 308, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4380249)
- HEALTH CARE - Our established office near Rockford / Belvidere area is seeking a full time or part time Dental Receptionist/ Dental Front Desk Person. Former customer service experience and computer skills preferred, bilingual Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salary, paid Holidays, paid vacation, X-mas bonus and there is a potential for cash bonus. We can train you if you are a self starter, highly motived, fast learner with an out-going personality. E-mail your resume to: Onesmiledentalpc@yahoo.com. "One smile at a time!" (id:4379531) GENERAL OFFICE - General Office -Immediate FT with small stable corporation. Strong cust service, heavy client phone contact, excellent typing skills. Must be flexible, organized and have office experience. Fax resume to 630-963-3591 or call 331-481-1742 and leave your name and number. (id:4380376) LABORER - Laborer -Laborer and carpenter with remodeling experience needed. Willing to travel to Grayslake, Island Lake and Kane county. Email email@example.com (id:4380443)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Fluid Power Engineering in Elk Grove looking for full-time person to enter orders, P & D, offer general product info; heavy phone work. Mechanical aptitude a plus. Competitive salary and benefits. Send all resumes to Barry.firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4380800) ACCOUNTS PAYABLE - A/P Clerk Corp office seeks clerk to perform a/p duties & all related tasks. Prev exp w/ERP & invoice matching pref. Min 2 yrs exp. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4380109) DELIVERY DRIVER - Driver DELIVERY DRIVER Suburban Propane, a nationwide provider of propane & related services, has the following opening in the Crystal Lake, IL area. Delivery Driver HS Diploma or equiv, CDL class A or B w/clean driving record, Hazmat, tanker & air brake endorsements req'd. Ability to work a flexible schedule w/after hours emergency call-outs & prior propane gas delivery exp pref'd. For more information, please visit us at: www.suburbanpropane.jobs Search for job opening ID 8379 As part of our pre-employment hiring process, DOT physicals, background checks and drug screens are performed. Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws. (id:4380082)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.