Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Recipe
Onions Glazed with Pomegranate Molasses Mar 3, 2015 6:00 AM
When making Onions Glazed With Pomegranate Molasses, look for walnut-size boiling onions at the market. Pearl onions work, too, but they are fussier to peel because they are smaller, and they might cook more quickly.
Stir it up: Toasted cheese warms up cold winter nights Feb 25, 2015 6:00 AM
High-quality cheese makes the sandwich. In this case, it's Vermont's Cabot Creamery cheese in this East Coast version of a Monte Cristo.
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup Feb 25, 2015 6:00 AM
Test curry powder before stirring it into this creamy cauliflower soup. Different manufacturers offer varying levels of heat.
Curry Powder Blend Feb 25, 2015 6:00 AM
Homemade curry powder can add a kick to soups, stews and a variety of vegetable side dishes.
Smoked Rainbow Trout Frittata Feb 25, 2015 11:12 AM
Smoked rainbow trout, available from Midwest fisheries, mingles with dill and eggs in a hearty breakfast frittata.
Whole Grilled Branzino Feb 25, 2015 11:12 AM
Chef Peter Balodimas grills whole branzino, a farmed fish from Greece, and serves it whole with oregano and lemon at Shaw’s Crab House in Schaumburg.
Wasabi & Sesame Broiled Salmon with Quinoa, Roasted Red Peppers and Bok Choy Feb 25, 2015 11:13 AM
Farmed salmon from Patagonia works well in this recipe for Wasabi and Seasame Broiled Salmon with Quinoa, Roasted Red Peppers and Bok Choy.
Clams and Bok Choy with Black Bean Sauce Feb 25, 2015 11:13 AM
Cooking clams is easy; they tell you when they're done. Try them with bok choy and black bean sauce.
Low-carb Loaded Pizza Feb 24, 2015 6:00 AM
The nuttiness took a little getting used to, but almond flour makes for a low-carb and high protein pizza crust. Try Don Mauer's recipe and put pizza back on your low-carb menu.
Irish Stout Stew Feb 24, 2015 6:00 AM
Cook of the Week Ann Jones shares her recipe for Irish Stout Stew in time for St. Patrick's Day.
Lobster Mac and Cheese Feb 24, 2015 6:00 AM
Cook of the Week Ann Jones shares her recipe for Lobster Mac and Cheese.
Ann’s Carnitas Street Tacos with Jicama Slaw Feb 24, 2015 6:00 AM
Serve Cook of the Week Ann’s Carnitas Street Tacos with Jicama Slaw with crumbled Cotija cheese and sour cream.
Baked Ziti with Sausage Feb 23, 2015 7:00 AM
“I like this dish when you want a dinner prepared in advance,” says Ginny Prisco of her Baked Ziti with Sausage. The recipe is included in a cookbook re-released by Prisco's Fine Foods in Aurora.
Gramma Pigatti’s Stewed Coniglio aka Rabbit Stew Feb 23, 2015 7:00 AM
Rabbit stew in “Prisco’s Family & Friends” cookbook dates back to the late 1800s. Can't find rabbit? Use chicken.
Beef Wellington Bites Feb 18, 2015 6:00 AM
Mini Beef Wellingtons stuffed with blue cheese will draw rave reviews from guests at your Oscar party.
Sweet Potato, Collard and Black-Eyed Pea Soup Feb 18, 2015 6:00 AM
This cold-weather soup starts with a brilliant base: a vegetable broth made from sweet potatoes, which get pureed to give it a lovely color and a body previously found only in meat stocks.
Shao Mai — Dim Sum Dumplings Feb 17, 2015 6:00 AM
Ground chicken or pork can be used to fill shao mai, a traditional Chinese dumpling served during dim sum.
Mike’s Tomato Sauce Feb 17, 2015 6:00 AM
Homemade tomato sauce is good on veal parmigiana or other pasta.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms Feb 17, 2015 6:00 AM
A bit of creole spice kicks up blue cheese-stuffed mushrooms.
Veal Parmigiana Feb 17, 2015 6:00 AM
Cook of the Week Michael McCraren spikes the tomato sauce for his veal parmesan with port, a trick he learned from his Uncle John.
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Muslim parents: Our kids are not terrorists
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Police: Indiana man killed in murder plot pleaded with wife
- Girls soccer scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- House OKs budget fix that covers day care, court reporters
- St. Charles North strikes fast, beats Geneva
- DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401851) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks SAP BW Lead in Lake Forest, IL. Analyze biz info (Finance, Supply Chain, Adv Planner, Sales & Distrib) & other sys landscape needs to implement & improve Biz Intelligence. Analyze & design solutions based on user reqs, procedures, & improve existing sys & review sys capabilities, ops, workflow, & sched limis. MS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 2 yrs work expe in app development OR BS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 5 yrs exp in app development w/ SAP BW Development, Modeling, & Reporting. Must have exp. w/: SAP ABAP development; training Power Users in SAP Tools & Tech; SAP Business Warehouse, Financials, Sales & Distrib, Adv Planner & Optimizer, Supply Chain, & HR improving, optimizing, & stabilizing environments; participating in implementation & rollout of apps to Manufacturing Plants; creating biz process design specifications, configuring interfaces, writing programming specs, configuring SAP, performing testing, providing end user training & creating biz process docs; & planning SAP program-wide app build, test, deploy, & post go-live activities. Interested applicants: send resume to: email@example.com reference: REQ#: IL0016 EOE (id:4400708) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: email@example.com. (id:4401929) LANDSCAPING - Landscaping $12/ hour (847) 776-2400 en Palatine Necessita experienca (id:4401864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.