Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Pingree Grove
Why we don’t need an Ebola czar Oct 29, 2014 12:01 AM
A Puingree grove letter to the editor: On Oct. 16, I watched the House committee panel on the government’s response to the Ebola crisis. Most of the questions were directed to the CDC Director Dr. Frieden, who explained his opposition to a travel ban for people returning from the countries in Africa where the current outbreak began.
Artist reception Nov. 1 for “Famous Poses Through the Lens” Oct 29, 2014 10:46 AM
This week, Next Door Theater at Side Street Studio Arts presents “Famous Poses Through the Lens,” an exhibition featuring an archive of the imitating Renaissance imagery from different semesters. The artist reception for “Famous Poses Through the Lens” will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, and feature live music performances.
“Get Your Rear in Gear-Elgin” helps fund colon cancer screenings, education Oct 29, 2014 4:05 PM
The Colon Cancer Coalition recently awarded the Advocate Charitable Foundation at Advocate Sherman Hospital with $25,000 from funds raised during the “Get Your Rear in Gear — Elgin” race held in August.
‘Skulloween 3’ fundraiser to aid Elgin Public Museum Oct 28, 2014 11:51 AM
The former Spacetaste Gallery and the historic Elgin Public Museum of Natural History and Anthropology together will celebrate the spirit of Halloween and the Mexican Holiday of Dia de los Muertos – the Day of the Dead – with the "Skulloween 3" fundraiser from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1.
Join in “Harvest Game” with Elgin Woman’s Club Oct 28, 2014 5:51 PM
The Elgin Woman’s Club will hold its next monthly meeting and program on Tuesday, Nov. 11, at Villa Olivia Country Club in Bartlett. The business meeting will begin at 11:30 a.m. with lunch served at noon. The chairwoman for the program is Cheryl Lee, Conservation Department, assisted by members of the club. The program will feature a “Harvest Game” event.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Follow the progress of the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train project Oct 29, 2014 10:03 PM
At 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, the Dundee Township Historical Society welcomes William Werst, executive director of the the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train. After President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, his body and that of his son Willie were returned to Illinois for burial in Springfield.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Fox Valley police reports Oct 27, 2014 4:14 PM
Allen S. Hamilton, 19, of Pingree Grove, was charged Sunday with aggravated battery of a peace officer and consumption of alcohol by a minor, court records show.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
Judson welcomes audience participation for ‘Altar-ed: Scenes in a Bridal Shop’ Oct 22, 2014 1:01 AM
The Judson University Theater Program invites the community to join them for “Altar-ed: Scenes in a Bridal Shop” at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 24 to Nov. 1, in the Performance Hall at Thompson Center, 1151 N. State St., Elgin.
Spring Hill Mall to host Fall Family Festival, visit by Staley Da Bear Oct 22, 2014 6:43 PM
In celebration of the fall season, Spring Hill Mall will host its fifth annual Fall Family Festival featuring family-friendly activities from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25. Parents are invited to bring their children, age 2 to 12, to the mall for an afternoon of fun that includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, make-and-take crafts, face painting, prizes and more.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Audition for “Crazy for You” Nov. 6, 9 at ECC Oct 21, 2014 6:28 PM
Elgin Community College Musical Theatre announces auditions for the spring production of the “Crazy for You: The New Gershwin Musical.” “Crazy for You” includes high-energy dance numbers and classic Gershwin songs, including “I Got Rhythm,” “Embraceable You,” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.” Set in the 1930s, this rollicking, romantic, and timeless musical centers on a well-to-do playboy who dreams of becoming a dancer. Auditions are available by appointment from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9.
“A Night to Remember” celebrates the music of Presley, Perkins, Lewis, and Cash Nov. 1 Oct 20, 2014 5:38 PM
The Elgin Community College Arts Center will celebrate a legendary event in rock ‘n’ roll history on Saturday, Nov. 1, when it presents “A Night to Remember.” Due to the heavy demand for tickets, the Arts Center has added a matinee performance of the show.
ECC Arts Center to host Chris Smither and Paul Cebar Oct. 25 Oct 17, 2014 10:28 PM
The Elgin Community College Arts Center will host acclaimed American blues/folk guitarist, singer and songwriter Chris Smither and special guest artist Paul Cebar on Saturday, Oct. 25. Smither draws deeply from a range of genres and blends blues, American folk music, poetry and philosophy. He's revered for both his fingerpicking guitar techniques as well as his exemplary songwriting.
ECC Theatre presents ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ Oct. 31-Nov. 16 Oct 17, 2014 9:21 PM
Elgin Community College Theatre’s fall production of “The Diary of Anne Frank” will be held from Friday, Oct. 31, through Sunday, Nov. 16. Performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. Fridays, Oct. 31, Nov. 7 and 14; Saturdays, Nov. 1, 8 and 15; and 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 9 and 16 in the ECC Arts Center’s SecondSpace Theatre.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.