Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Palatine Township District 15
District 15 survey to improve student learning Feb 18, 2015 1:58 PM
Community Consolidated School District 15 will join the Illinois State Board of Education in the statewide survey of school climate and learning conditions.
Palatine Dist. 15 board president: Let regional superintendent decide who fills vacant seat Feb 12, 2015 3:00 PM
The Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board failed to appoint a new member out of a field of now 27 applicants Wednesday, effectively transferring the decision to the regional superintendent of schools. The board deadlocked 3-3 on one faction's choice for the vacant seat-- Matt Lyons, who ran in the 2013 election -- but the other side didn't offer an alternative.
Drivers could face $150 fine for passing Dist. 15 buses Feb 11, 2015 4:24 PM
After a grace period ended Wednesday, Rolling Meadows police will start issuing fines for drivers caught on camera blowing past stop signs extended on the side of Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school buses.
Dist. 15 Spelling Bee champ moves onto regional championship Feb 11, 2015 2:07 PM
Rutvi Parikh, a fifth-grader at Virginia Lake School, qualified for the Regional Championship ISC Scripps Spelling Bee, where she will compete for a chance to advance to the 88th annual Scripps National Spelling Bee. Rutvi won the District 15 Spelling Bee, which was held Jan. 22, at Walter R. Sundling Junior High, and took second at the Suburban Cook Northern Area Spelling Bee, which was held February 3 at Joseph Sears School in Kenilworth.
No more confirmed measles cases in suburbs today Feb 6, 2015 9:44 PM
After a brief scare Friday, measles in a Lake County illness was ruled out and health officials said there was no increase in the number of confirmed cases in the suburbs. Nevertheless, the regional response to Thursday’s confirmed return of a long-absent disease was swift and thorough.
Palatine Dist. 15 board division over vacancy ‘almost embarrassing’ Feb 3, 2015 5:30 AM
Under a looming deadline, two factions on the Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board can’t agree on a plan to pick one out of 26 candidates to fill a vacant seat. Nearly a month has passed since the death of Richard Bokor, the board’s former vice president. “It’s almost embarrassing for our board not to be able to choose and to handle our stuff locally,” member Gerard Iannuzzelli said.
Palatine Dist. 15 school board has pick of 26 applicants for vacancy Jan 29, 2015 4:39 PM
The Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board has about two weeks to chose a new member from 26 candidates applying for a vacant two-year seat. Or, the task goes to the regional superintendent of schools. “We’re under some time constraints, but I am prepared to go the regional superintendent if necessary,” board President Peggy Babcock said.
District 15 to discuss life safety study results Jan 27, 2015 10:39 AM
The District 15 Board of Education’s third Community Communication Forum addressing its new life safety study will be held 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29, at Winston Campus Junior High, 120 N. Babcock Drive, Palatine.
Hunting Ridge students take Lyric Opera tour before producing their own Jan 23, 2015 1:06 PM
Students in Hunting Ridge School’s fifth- and sixth-grade gifted classes recently experienced the opera from behind the curtain.
Paddocks still tied to Palatine school that became their namesake in 1955 Jan 21, 2015 5:02 PM
It's been nearly 70 years since Stuart R. Paddock School opened in Palatine, and last week Stuart Paddock III, Daily Herald Media Group's senior vice president, showed students how his family's history and their school's, are connected.
Dist. 15 to adapt to Dist. 211 calendar Jan 18, 2015 4:26 PM
Palatine Township Elementary District 15 Superintendent Scott Thompson said his district will likely make official in February or March a calendar change to align with Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211’s new college-style calendar that begins in 2016-17. Considered most important is aligning the winter and spring breaks for families with students in both districts, he added.
District 211 moving finals to December Jan 16, 2015 9:07 AM
Without debate or any further input from the public, Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 board members Thursday voted 6-0 to move first-semester finals before winter break beginning in the 2016-17 school year. Nevertheless, there was some last-minute discussion and clarification about the impacts of that decision for students of the district’s five high schools.
Palatine Dist. 15 accepting résumés for board vacancy Jan 15, 2015 5:35 PM
Palatine Township Elementary District 15 residents interested in filling a vacant seat on the school board have until 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23, to apply. The school board will choose a new member to complete the term of Richard Bokor, who died from colon cancer Jan. 4. His successor will serve until April 2017.
Survey: Dist. 211 parents, students eager for calendar change Jan 15, 2015 5:30 AM
Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 board members Thursday will review the results of a recent survey of parents, students and staff before deciding whether to move first-semester finals before winter break in 2016, thus adjusting the start and end dates for the school year.
Palatine Dist. 15 board honors Bokor with moment of silence, plaque Jan 15, 2015 5:38 PM
The Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board paid tribute to former member Rich Bokor, a popular history teacher who died from colon cancer, with a moment of silence Wednesday night. Superintendent Scott Thompson also gave a plaque to Bokor's wife, Ann. "You went the extra distance for children,” Thompson read from the inscription.
Palatine District 15 to hire PR firm for $15,000 Jan 15, 2015 7:50 AM
Palatine Township Elementary District 15 is hiring a public relations firm to help familiarize parents and taxpayers with a 10-year plan addressing the district's brick-and-mortar needs. Then, The Public Response Group will gauge interest in a proposal to designate elementary schools as academies geared toward a specific subject area like the fine arts, Superintendent Scott Thompson said.
Palatine District 15 board, not voters, to choose Bokor’s successor Jan 7, 2015 2:57 PM
The Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board next week will begin the process of choosing a new member to complete the term of Richard Bokor, the board’s vice president and former high school teacher who died Sunday from colon cancer. Officials say voters won’t get to elect Bokor’s replacement because his death occurred with fewer than 868 days left in his term.
Family, former students remember Dist. 15 trustee Richard Bokor Jan 4, 2015 10:09 PM
Richard Bokor, a longtime Fremd High School teacher and District 15 school board trustee, died Sunday morning of complications from colon cancer, according to his family. Peggy Babcock, the Dist. 15 board president and Bokor’s friend, was overcome with emotion when speaking about what kind of person Bokor was. “His life was education,” Babcock said. “He cared deeply for the students and the community and he will be sorely missed.”
Who’s running for school board seats in the Northwest suburbs Dec 29, 2014 10:54 AM
Now that the deadline to file as a school board candidate has passed, here’s a look at the candidates vying for seats in the Northwest suburbs.
Palatine Dist. 15 attracts 7 candidates for 3 seats on school board Dec 27, 2014 7:30 AM
In one of the most crowded school board races in the Northwest suburbs, seven candidates will jostle for only three available seats in Palatine Township Elementary District 15.
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- 5 things to do this weekend in the suburbs
- The old wood is still good wood
- Area students move onto regional spelling bee
- Myhre, St. Charles North off to fast start
- Power around Elk Grove Jewel store goes out
- Gambling cafe proposed in Lake Zurich
- Mid-Suburban League lands three state swimming finalists
- Dist. 204 helps 'black and brown girls' reach potential
- Wheaton North's St. George elbows his way to state record
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- 'Massive' construction ahead for I-90, Elgin-O'Hare commuters
- Resident: Alderman walked into her house unannounced
- Finally, it's Fremd's time to shine
- Island Lake cop gets new $60,000-a-year job
- Campaign boss text message likens Breuder to Hitler
- Giuliana Rancic coming to Naperville after Oscar flap
- Water pipeline for seven towns moving this week
- Dawn Patrol: Sleepy I-88 trucker convicted; MCC student killed
- Why you should see 'Fifty Shades' in a packed theater
- Muslim community shocked by imam sex abuse charges
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Ingleside man accused in drug-related death
- Des Plaines Alderman Dick Sayad arrested on trespassing charges
- Why 7 people want to be on Geneva school board
- Rauner aide: Quinn could have eased day care crisis
- Strop, Cubs agree to one-year deal
- The big melt: Antarctica's retreating ice may re-shape Earth
- Images: Boys State Swimming and Diving, Friday
- FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - Beginning February 6, 2015, the Winfield Fire Protection District will be accepting applications for the position of FT firefighter-paramedic. Applications are available at www.winfieldfpd.org or at Station #31, 27W530 Highlake Rd, Winfield, IL, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Application requirements: At least 21 years of age and not older than 35, except as provided by state law Certified Firefighter II U.S. citizen or meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status Valid driver's license Licensed EMT-P through the Illinois Department of Public Health All applications with required documentation must be postmarked or returned by Friday, March 6, 2015 by 4:00 p.m. Position requirements, test dates, application rules and salary info are available at www.winfieldfpd.org. (id:4397544) RN - RN'S-TAKE YOUR CAREER IN A NEW DIRECTION IN 2015! HINES & ASSOCIATES, INC. ST.CHARLES OFFICE Now is the time to move out of the clinical setting and transition to an office environment in a Case Management position where you continue to work with patients using your knowledge to determine treatment options & coordinate care & resources. No nights, holidays or weekends! Must be an RN w/ Min. 3 yrs acute care or HHC exp REHAB EXP A PLUS Email your resume to: email@example.com or fax it to 847-741-1728 Or call 877-429-7345 X 3426 with questions (id:4399143) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449)
- SPRING COILING OPERATOR - Manufacturing -Mastercoil Spring Co. 4010 Albany, Mc-Henry, IL is seeking a Spring Coiling operator. Base pay is $11 -$15 based on exp. Please apply within or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399605) DRIVER - CDL A/B - Truck Driver wanted for small Streamwood Mfg Co. CDL A or B. Must meet DOT requirements and have clean MVR. 2 yrs experience. Overtime and Saturdays required. Benefits. Must be 23 yrs old. Email HR@randolphpacking.com (id:4399221) FREIGHT SALES - Seeking experienced freight salesman in the Elgin area. email@example.com (id:4398562)
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouse help needed FT, benefits, Fax resume to 847-524-0079 or apply in person at 951 Estes Ct Schaumburg, IL 60193 (id:4397120) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Wheaton law firm seeks PT receptionist. Proficient in Word, Excel, PC Law, Social Media. Competitive Salary/benefits.Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399485) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR! Wednesday, February 25th 1 to 4 p.m. Willow Creek Atrium Meet with prospective employers from the community who are looking to fill positions with great candidates. Positions in health care, manufacturing, food service, sales and retail are among some of the options available. Willow Creek Care Center -67 E. Algonquin Road -South Barrington, IL 224.512.2600 -willowcreekcarecenter.org See an employer list at www.willowcreek.needsmet.org (id:4397999)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.