Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Millburn District 24
Millburn Kids Resale Oct 12, 2014 4:26 PM
The Millburn Middle School gymnasium in Lindenhurst will be the site of the Millburn Kids Resale school fundraiser on Friday, Oct. 17, and Saturday, Oct. 18.
Lindenhurst eighth-grader turning hobby into business May 20, 2014 9:56 AM
Sydney Janda, who soon will graduate from eighth grade at Millburn Middle School, is transforming her hobby for art into a business. After modest success last summer, she again will hand out “Sydney's Art Studio” cards at upcoming art festivals and has a contract and order form ready for customers.“I have all this artwork, I might as well share with other people and earn a little money,” she said.
Lake County schools consider sharing grant writer Mar 21, 2014 5:27 AM
Five Lake County school districts are considering an idea to split the cost of having an employee who would seek grants for all of them. It would be the latest example of local governments sharing resources in an effort to reduce costs to taxpayers.
Millburn hopes to grow its educational gardens Feb 24, 2014 9:26 PM
Millburn School and Community Garden is raising funds to increase the educational opportunities associated with the garden to include an outdoor "classroom." Educators say gardening can improve test scores in math and other areas and promotes teamwork.
Millburn girls take second at conference Nov 15, 2013 8:36 PM
The 8th grade Millburn girls volleyball team recently concluded their season by finishing 2nd in the Lakeside Conference with a record of 8-1.
Millburn Kids Resale event set for Oct. 18-19 Oct 15, 2013 12:34 PM
If you are looking for high-quality, gently-used clothes, toys, sporting goods, and room décor items for your kids and teens, then head to Lindenhurst to shop the Millburn Kids Resale.
Mayors aren’t the only races for voters to decide on in Lake County Apr 9, 2013 5:37 AM
While much of the campaign attention in the last several months has been on candidates running for mayor, there are plenty of other important issues Lake County voters will weigh in on Tuesday. Referendums and a host of local races await voters.
Millburn District 24 voters approve tax hike Apr 9, 2013 9:43 PM
Voters gave permission Tuesday to Millburn Elementary District 24 to shore up its finances and avoid potential program cuts. With all 12 precincts reporting, unofficial results showed the tax hike measure passed easily, 867 to 732. It allows District 24 to push the property tax levy increase limit from 5 percent to 12 percent next year, generating $900,000 and setting a higher financial base for the future.
Endorsement: Yes on revamped Millburn Dist. 24 tax proposal Mar 24, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald recommends a yes vote for a revamped, one-yeartax proposal to help Millburn Elementary School Dist. 24 cope with declining state aid.
Millburn District 24 seeks taxpayers' help in April election Mar 19, 2013 10:37 AM
Millburn Elementary District 24 officials say they've done everything possible to shore up finances and now hope to gain support from taxpayers for a measure on the April 9 ballot. District 24 is seeking voter permission to go beyond a state-imposed cap on annual property tax levy increases only on bills issued in 2014. School officials say they need the ability to make up for recent reductions in state and federal education funding.
Trak Patel: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Trak Patel, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Diane Campbell: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Diane Campbell, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Greg Ball: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:20 PM
Candidate information for Greg Ball, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jane Gattone: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:20 PM
Candidate information for Jane Gattone, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Millburn candidate drops out: Feb 13, 2013 3:51 PM
A candidate for the Millburn Elementary District 24 school board has dropped out of the April 9 election.
Millburn seeks 1-year tax help, other measures on Lake County ballots Feb 2, 2013 8:00 AM
Millburn Elementary District 24 voters will decide a referendum question asking for permission to allow a larger-than-usual property tax increase just for next year. District 24's measure is one of 13 referendum questions that'll be on Lake County ballots April 9. A majority of the questions pertain to whether local governments should be allowed to seek cheaper electricity for residents and small businesses.
D24 school board vacancy: Jan 4, 2013 5:24 PM
Millburn Elementary District 24 is seeking applicants to fill a vacant seat on the school board that had been held by Lisa Scanio, who resigned Dec. 19.
Gingerbread house decorating Nov 30, 2012 5:20 PM
One Hope United will host "Gingerbread Houses of Hope" Dec. 7 to benefit the agency's child abuse prevention programs and services and child development centers.
Millburn District 24 teachers join union during contract talks Oct 15, 2012 5:46 PM
Millburn Elementary District 24's status as being one of the few Lake County school systems without union teachers has changed. Lake County Federation of Teachers President Michael McGue said Monday that about 100 Millburn instructors signed cards in favor of unionization late last week in the middle of talks for a new contract.
Millburn West to become middle school, Central to become elementary school Jul 25, 2012 2:58 PM
For the first time, all Millburn Elementary District 24 students in the same grade level will attend the same school. Starting this school year, instead of having two K-8 schools, the district will convert Millburn Central to a K-5 elementary school and Millburn West to a 6-8 middle school.
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Elgin man charged with murder
- Imrem: Rose, Bulls pass all tests in opener
- Schaumburg man one of 29 facing bank fraud charges
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.