Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Millburn District 24
Where suburban teachers, principals stay on the job longest Dec 9, 2014 5:32 AM
Schools that are good at hanging onto teachers include Fenton High School in Bensenville, McHenry Middle School, Rose Elementary School in South Barrington and Hampshire High School, a Daily Herald analysis shows. “We are well aware of how fortunate we are to have administrators and teachers who choose to stay at Fenton year after year,” school board President Mary Ribando said.
Millburn Kids Resale Oct 12, 2014 4:26 PM
The Millburn Middle School gymnasium in Lindenhurst will be the site of the Millburn Kids Resale school fundraiser on Friday, Oct. 17, and Saturday, Oct. 18.
Lindenhurst eighth-grader turning hobby into business May 20, 2014 9:56 AM
Sydney Janda, who soon will graduate from eighth grade at Millburn Middle School, is transforming her hobby for art into a business. After modest success last summer, she again will hand out “Sydney's Art Studio” cards at upcoming art festivals and has a contract and order form ready for customers.“I have all this artwork, I might as well share with other people and earn a little money,” she said.
Lake County schools consider sharing grant writer Mar 21, 2014 5:27 AM
Five Lake County school districts are considering an idea to split the cost of having an employee who would seek grants for all of them. It would be the latest example of local governments sharing resources in an effort to reduce costs to taxpayers.
Millburn hopes to grow its educational gardens Feb 24, 2014 9:26 PM
Millburn School and Community Garden is raising funds to increase the educational opportunities associated with the garden to include an outdoor "classroom." Educators say gardening can improve test scores in math and other areas and promotes teamwork.
Millburn girls take second at conference Nov 15, 2013 8:36 PM
The 8th grade Millburn girls volleyball team recently concluded their season by finishing 2nd in the Lakeside Conference with a record of 8-1.
Millburn Kids Resale event set for Oct. 18-19 Oct 15, 2013 12:34 PM
If you are looking for high-quality, gently-used clothes, toys, sporting goods, and room décor items for your kids and teens, then head to Lindenhurst to shop the Millburn Kids Resale.
Mayors aren’t the only races for voters to decide on in Lake County Apr 9, 2013 5:37 AM
While much of the campaign attention in the last several months has been on candidates running for mayor, there are plenty of other important issues Lake County voters will weigh in on Tuesday. Referendums and a host of local races await voters.
Millburn District 24 voters approve tax hike Apr 9, 2013 9:43 PM
Voters gave permission Tuesday to Millburn Elementary District 24 to shore up its finances and avoid potential program cuts. With all 12 precincts reporting, unofficial results showed the tax hike measure passed easily, 867 to 732. It allows District 24 to push the property tax levy increase limit from 5 percent to 12 percent next year, generating $900,000 and setting a higher financial base for the future.
Endorsement: Yes on revamped Millburn Dist. 24 tax proposal Mar 24, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald recommends a yes vote for a revamped, one-yeartax proposal to help Millburn Elementary School Dist. 24 cope with declining state aid.
Millburn District 24 seeks taxpayers' help in April election Mar 19, 2013 10:37 AM
Millburn Elementary District 24 officials say they've done everything possible to shore up finances and now hope to gain support from taxpayers for a measure on the April 9 ballot. District 24 is seeking voter permission to go beyond a state-imposed cap on annual property tax levy increases only on bills issued in 2014. School officials say they need the ability to make up for recent reductions in state and federal education funding.
Trak Patel: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Trak Patel, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Diane Campbell: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Diane Campbell, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Greg Ball: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:20 PM
Candidate information for Greg Ball, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jane Gattone: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:20 PM
Candidate information for Jane Gattone, running for Millburn District 24 School Board (4-year Terms)
Millburn candidate drops out: Feb 13, 2013 3:51 PM
A candidate for the Millburn Elementary District 24 school board has dropped out of the April 9 election.
Millburn seeks 1-year tax help, other measures on Lake County ballots Feb 2, 2013 8:00 AM
Millburn Elementary District 24 voters will decide a referendum question asking for permission to allow a larger-than-usual property tax increase just for next year. District 24's measure is one of 13 referendum questions that'll be on Lake County ballots April 9. A majority of the questions pertain to whether local governments should be allowed to seek cheaper electricity for residents and small businesses.
D24 school board vacancy: Jan 4, 2013 5:24 PM
Millburn Elementary District 24 is seeking applicants to fill a vacant seat on the school board that had been held by Lisa Scanio, who resigned Dec. 19.
Gingerbread house decorating Nov 30, 2012 5:20 PM
One Hope United will host "Gingerbread Houses of Hope" Dec. 7 to benefit the agency's child abuse prevention programs and services and child development centers.
Millburn District 24 teachers join union during contract talks Oct 15, 2012 5:46 PM
Millburn Elementary District 24's status as being one of the few Lake County school systems without union teachers has changed. Lake County Federation of Teachers President Michael McGue said Monday that about 100 Millburn instructors signed cards in favor of unionization late last week in the middle of talks for a new contract.
- Update: It will take weeks to determine cause of death of Blackhawks staffer
- With Clausen out, Trestman turns to Cutler
- Rozner: Is this the worst Bears season in memory?
- Jewel scanning driver's licenses irks some customers
- Naperville resident: South Route 59 turning to trash
- Nintendo designer talks 'amiibo,' 'Zelda' and 'Mario'
- Lake County mayors look back at 2014
- Iraqi Kurds face heavy resistance
- Naperville theater owner released on $25,000 bail
- 15-year-old dies in Mt. Prospect home
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- What Sox fans can expect from the new guys
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Minorities now the new majority in schools statewide
- Barrington grad, partner win million in 'Amazing Race'
- Facebook seeks to block prosecutor's search warrants
- Nikola Mirotic dilemma is a nice problem to have
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Football: Crabel steps down at Burlington Central
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CUSTODIAN - Custodian, Marquardt SD 15, Glendale Hts. Must read, write and be literate in English. Physical ability to perform tasks associated with custodial work. 2 yrs. Exp. as custodian req'd. $11.50/hr. 40 hrs/week. Full benefits. Apply online www.d15.us. (id:4394051) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Ocean forwarder import operation seeks FT, min. 1 yr. exp. Customer Service. 401k, health ins, Arl Hts. email@example.com (id:4393783) SR. BUSINESS SYSYTEMS ANALYST - Computer -ADS Alliance Data Systems, Inc. has a position in Schaumburg, IL; Senior Business Systems Analyst, Project: Implement, test & support solutions across full software development life cycle; gather requirements & analysis, support B2B clients/accounts; & other duties/ skills. Mail resume to Rechelle Fary-Recruiting Coord, Alliance Data, 6021 Connection Drive, Irving, TX 75039 & note Job ID# AD-IL14-SBSAP (id:4393316)
- LANDSCAPE LABORER - Landscape Laborer, 80 temporary pos, Landscape Concepts Management, Grayslake, Chicago & Aurora, IL. 4/1/2015-11/26/2015. Mow, trim, edge, water, dormant pruning; remove leaves & debris; clean up. Able to lift up to 50 lbs., No exp req., will train. $9.00/hr, $13.50/hr OT, 40 hrs/ wk, OT varies, 6:00a-4:00p, M-Sat Rotating Schedule. Uniform purchase required. Raise at employer's discretion. Transportation provided from central location for mul-tiple job sites within Lake, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grun-dy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry & Will Counties. To apply call 847-223-3800 to schedule an interview or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Refer to JO#2380888 (id:4394012) DRIVER - Driver -labor intense Class A tanker Hazmat required. $22.70 per hour, weekend & nights required. 50-55 hrs/wk. Fax resume to 630-257-2181. OSCO OIL 13351 Main St. Lemont, IL 60439 EEO/M/F/VET/DISABILITY (id:4392654) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393715)
- SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC email@example.com (id:4393562) FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC - FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC The Deerfield Bannockburn Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners will hold examinations for qualified persons to establish an eligibility roster from which Firefighter/ Paramedic vacancies will be filled as needed. Preliminary applications may be obtained in person at Fire Station 20, 500 Waukegan Road, Deerfield, IL, M-F, between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., beginning January 5, 2015. There is a $20.00 (no credit cards) non-refundable application fee due at the time the application is picked up. Completed applications must be returned in person to Station 20 by 4 p.m. local time on January 26, 2015. Visit the fire department web site for details www.Deerfieldbannockburnfire.org Deerfield Bannockburn Fire Protection District 500 Waukegan Road Deerfield, IL 60015 847-945-4066 DBFD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4394099) RETAIL - Retail Verizon Careers -Available today. It's an exciting time to join Verizon. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses and communities everywhere. Join our team and you can be a part of it. Opportunities currently exist in The Greater Chicago Area for: RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES Enjoy benefits worthy of the name Total Rewards including: -Competitive Salaries & Sales Incentives -Tuition Assistance (up to $8,000/year) -401(k) Savings Plan (with up to 6% company match) & Profit Sharing -Corporate Discounts -Immediate Medical, Vision & Dental -Employee Phone Program (50% off service) -Plus much more! Visit verizon.com/jobs for more information and to apply today. Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4392107)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.