Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lombard District 44
Lombard’s Park View School wins national Blue Ribbon Oct 5, 2014 4:37 PM
Lombard Elementary District 44’s Park View School was one of 337 schools across the country to win a Blue Ribbon for excellence. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. Park View was chosen under the overall academic excellence; which is called Exemplary High Performing School.
Lombard District 44 picks two interim superintendents Jun 11, 2014 5:26 PM
Two retired superintendents have been chosen to temporarily fill the shoes of Lombard Elementary District 44’s James Blanche, who is retiring June 30. Kenneth Cull, former superintendent of Itasca School District 10, and Patricia Wernet, former superintendent of Lisle Community Unit School District 202, will each serve as interim superintendents in District 44 for half of the 2014-15 school year.
State education board recognizes best suburban teachers Jun 11, 2014 9:56 PM
A dozen suburban teachers are among 29 educators statewide recognized for being the best in their respective fields for the 2013-14 school year. The Illinois State Board of Education and the two largest teachers unions presented the educators with awards for their exemplary work in the classroom during a luncheon Wednesday at the governor’s mansion in Springfield.
Pension penalties drop, but some schools still owe over $100,000 May 18, 2014 8:33 AM
Two of the largest suburban school districts paid six-figure penalties for giving pension-boosting pay hikes for retiring educators in the 2012-2013 school year, eight years after a state law was adopted to discourage schools from doing so. But another suburban school district, Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54, paid about $25,000 in penalties for the 2012-2013 school year — far less than the year before, when it paid nearly half a million dollars, according to records from the state's Teachers' Retirement System.
Exhibit highlights Lombard students’ art Feb 6, 2014 10:23 AM
More than 60 pieces of art by Lombard Elementary District 44 students will be showcased in the village hall Community Room Sunday, March 3, through April 7 in connection with nationally recognized Youth Art Month.
Lombard District 44 superintendent stepping down Jan 29, 2014 5:35 PM
Superintendent Jim Blanche has decided to step down after serving as the leader of Lombard Elementary District 44 for a decade.Blanche, 66, said he had one more year left in his contract, but decided 10 years — which he said is longer than most superintendents serve — was enough. His last day will be June 30. “It’s been a good place for me,” he said. “It was a great thing for me personally and professionally.”
Power outages disrupt classes at two Lombard schools Sep 19, 2013 2:24 PM
Power outages at two schools in Lombard Elementary District 44 interrupted classes Thursday morning and caused large numbers of parents to keep their children home. Power went out at 11 p.m. Wednesday at Glenn Westlake Middle School and Manor Hill Elementary, two facilities serving nearly 1,300 students, officials said. Power was not restored until 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
Lombard District 44 names new principals Aug 8, 2013 5:35 PM
Students returning to classes this fall will be greeted by new principals at three schools in Lombard Elementary District 44, officials said Thursday.
Some scores out of date for transparency project Jul 29, 2013 9:51 AM
Officials from the city of Elgin and DuPage Forest Preserve District say transparency grades recently made public by a watchdog group reflect outdated numbers. “We're being held accountable, but no one's holding them accountable,” said Sue Olafson, a forest district spokeswoman.
District 44 picks assistant superintendent Jul 23, 2013 4:41 PM
A veteran educator and administrator, Ted Stec, has been named assistant superintendent of finance and operations in Lombard Elementary District 44, officials said Tuesday. Stec, who assumed his duties July 1, comes with 12 years of experience in education, including stints with Burbank School District 111 and Argo High School District 217.
Villa Park cops seek man who grabbed 13-year-old girl May 23, 2013 3:44 PM
Police are searching for a man who grabbed a 13-year-old girl by the arm after asking her for money and offering her drugs while she walked to school Thursday morning in Villa Park, authorities said. The encounter occurred about 8 a.m. near Westmore Avenue and Terrace Street.
DuPage school districts honored in Itasca Apr 22, 2013 4:53 PM
Twenty DuPage County schools were recognized in Itasca on Monday for being named to the 2012 Illinois Honor Roll, which celebrates schools showing substantial academic improvement.
District 62 names assistant superintendent for student services Apr 17, 2013 11:07 AM
Des Plaines Elementary District 62 has named Ellen Teelucksingh the assistant superintendent for student services, effective July 1. Teelucksingh replaces Brad Voehringer, who was recently hired to lead Pennoyer School District 79 in Norridge. Teelucksingh currently serves as the assistant superintendent for special services in Lombard District 44.
Lombard park, school districts discussing tennis court upkeep Apr 12, 2013 4:40 PM
Parents are pushing for repairs to two tennis courts near Pleasant Lane school in Lombard Elementary District 44 that they say are no longer safe, leading the school district and the Lombard Park District to begin discussing a possible partnership to fix the cracking courts. "Neighbors are talking about the grass growing on the courts," Pleasant Lane parent Cathy McNulty said. "I don't ever remember them being in good shape."
District 44 candidates share views on technology Mar 20, 2013 4:15 PM
SMART Boards, iPads and robotics programs are becoming as common in suburban schools as pencils, notebooks and calculators, but technology — and how much should be spent on it — can be a divisive topic in education. Six candidates running for four seats on the Lombard Elementary District 44 school board all say they value appropriate technology in the district's seven schools. But candidates offer different perspectives about the need for productive use of the technology, the importance of maintaining human interaction and the need for a cost-benefit analysis of all new technological purchases.
Endorsements: Del Alcazar, Kankovsky, Lynch, Schroder for Lombard Elementary Dist. 44 schools Mar 20, 2013 2:17 PM
The Daily Herald endorses Tony Del Alcazar, Gayle Kankovsky, Kristina Lynch and John Schroder for Lombard Elementary Dist. 44 school board.
Courtney Simek: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Courtney Simek, running for Lombard District 44 School Board (4-year Terms)
John Schroder: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for John Schroder, running for Lombard District 44 School Board (4-year Terms)
Kristina Lynch: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Kristina Lynch, running for Lombard District 44 School Board (4-year Terms)
Gayle Kankovsky: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Gayle Kankovsky, running for Lombard District 44 School Board (4-year Terms)
- A trip back in time
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Problem is seeing facilities as cash centers
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.