Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Libertyville
Lake County road closure: Oct 26, 2014 5:39 PM
The Lake County Division of Transportation will restrict all access on Harris Road at Peterson Road, beginning Monday, Nov. 3, at 6 a.m. for seven days.
Rondout School District 72 to Host Blood Drive This Friday for Fourth Grader with Leukemia Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
To support a fourth grader who is battling leukemia, Rondout School District 72 will host a blood drive from 1-7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 24, in the school gym at 28593 Bradley Road, Lake Forest.
Understand Your Pain: Arthritis and Orthopedic Issues As We Age Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Monday, Oct. 27, 7 pm, Ivanhoe Congregational Church, 21078 W Route 176, Mundelein.
Woodlands Academy Hosts Open House Nov. 11 Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Learn about the dynamic educational experience at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart during an open house Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Northwest Choral Society announces 2014-15 season Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM
The Northwest Choral Society, under the direction of artistic director Alan Wellman, announces the schedule and music selections for its three concert performances during the upcoming 2014-15 season.
Mickey Finn’s and Pet Factory donate to Save-A-Pet Oct 23, 2014 1:02 PM
Mickey Finn’s Brewery and Pet Factory presented a check for $5,000 to Save-A-Pet, an organization providing safe haven for abused, neglected, injured, or lost animals as well as those that have escaped euthanasia, leading to the successful adoption of over 40,000 dogs and cats.
District 70 partnership with Sunset Foods raises nearly $4,600 Oct 23, 2014 12:51 PM
A partnership between Libertyville Elementary District 70 and Sunset Foods in Libertyville has brought an additional $575.45 into the schools as customers shopped with reusable grocery bags last year.
Stuffed animal charity ride: Oct 23, 2014 5:14 PM
The Lake Shore Hogs chapter will hold its annual stuffed animal ride to bring Christmas gifts to children in care of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services on Sunday, Nov. 2.
Trick or treat in downtown Libertyville Oct 22, 2014 5:21 PM
MainStreet Libertyville will host its annual downtown trick or treat event from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 31. Participating downtown merchants with an orange pumpkin sign in the window will be distributing kid-friendly treats from inside their stores.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Libertyville schools harnessing solar power Oct 22, 2014 5:05 PM
Work continued this week to install solar panels expected to save thousands of dollars in energy costs at a pair of Libertyville schools. The panels are expected to produce enough power to cover about a third of each building’s energy needs.
Newsmakers Forum 2015 Business Outlook Luncheon /Expo Oct 22, 2014 4:03 PM
NEWSMAKERS FORUM 2015 BUSINESS OUTLOOK LUNCHEON /EXPO The event will be held November 20 at Doubletree by Hilton, Libertyville/Mundelein, 501 E. Rt. 83, Mundelein.
Music notes: Blues-rock band Lonesome Shack comes to Lombard Oct 22, 2014 12:16 PM
Lonesome Shack, a stripped-down blues-rock band whose sound recalls the Black Keys, plays Saturday at the Brauerhouse in Lombard. Metal fans will want to check out the Mushroomhead show Oct. 29 at Austin's Fuel Room in Libertyville.
Seafood sustainability: Oct 21, 2014 6:16 PM
Reid Bogert, coordinator of Great Lakes and Sustainability at the Shedd Aquarium, talks about being done for seafood sustainability at the Lake County Audubon Society meeting at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3. It will be held at Libertyville village hall, 118 W. Cook Ave.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of autumn colors, charity walkers, and zombies, representing about 20 different area communities.
FootGolf latest craze to hit suburban links Oct 18, 2014 7:38 AM
A new combination of golf and soccer -- called FootGolf -- is popping up at suburban golf courses as managers look to get more use of their facilities and attract new players. “It follows 99 percent of the rules of golf but instead of having a club and a little ball and many struggles, it’s just kicking the ball forward and aiming toward a 21-inch cup,” said Carols Stremi, founder of the Illinois FootGolf Association.
Kids paint pumpkins, touch trucks in Libertyville Oct 18, 2014 9:55 PM
Saturday's annual Pumpkin Fest in downtown Libertyville and Cook Park is a fall tradition that provides fun activities for families, including entertainment, pumpkin painting, a food collection and crafts. The Libertyville Junor Women's Club and local Rotary clubs provided 1,000 pumpkins to festival goers in exchange for a food dontation to benefit the Libertyville Township Food Pantry.
Enhanced links to transit will be the focus of planning in downtown Libertyville Oct 17, 2014 5:30 AM
Libertyville has received an $80,000 grant from the Regional Transportation Authority to create a plan for transit-oriented development in the area surrounding the Metra commuter rail station downtown. The plan will determine the appropriate number of dwelling units and land uses and how to improve transit connections for existing and potential businesses.
Road commissioner did job well Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
A Libertyville letter to the editor: We were very sorry to learn that Mike Graham recently resigned his position as Libertyville Township Highway Commissioner.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Harper College honors alums
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Dist. 200 hosts forum on controversial school funding bill
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- Dawn Patrol: No charges in standoff; more money for Metropolis
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.