Articles filed under Larkin High School
Beloved Larkin High School teacher dies at 56 May 8, 2013 12:00 AM
The Larkin High School nursing teacher around whom hundreds have rallied in recent months as she struggled to recover from multiple strokes and fight a rare form of cancer died Tuesday at age 56. Deborah Daly, of Bartlett, started teaching at Larkin High School in 2002 and went on to sponsor the Health Occupations Students of America where she helped numerous students on a path toward careers in the health fields.
Girls soccer/Fox Valley roundup May 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Softball/Fox Valley roundup May 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Hampshire putting it all together May 8, 2013 12:00 AM
In years past, while Hampshire's Patti Nihells, one of the longest-tenured area girls track coaches, may not have had the largest teams but she's always had talented individual athletes both on the track and in the field events. This year, Hampshire is enjoying the best of both worlds. The Whip-Purs are fresh off winning the Fox Valley Conference Fox Division team title in only their second year in the conference. Hampshire, which finished third overall in the 14-team FVC meet, will look to continue that season-long success at Friday's Class 2A Burlington Central sectional. At the sectional level, the top two place-finishers in each event and any individual or relay team equaling or surpassing the minimum state-qualifying standard in each event advance to the state finals in Charleston at Eastern Illinois University.
Girls soccer/Fox Valley roundup May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Softball/Fox Valley roundup May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Critical call goes Larkin’s way vs. St. Charles N. May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Not surprisingly, each coach had a different opinion on critical plays in the top of the seventh inning Tuesday. An appeal by Larkin coach Matt Esterino resulted in the home plate umpire calling a St. Charles North runner out after ruling the runner did not touch third base on what would have been a game-tying double. Royals pitcher Jack McCracken got the next batter to groundout to end the game, giving Larkin a 2-1 Upstate Eight River Division victory in Elgin.
Softball/Fox Valley roundup May 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Unexpected good pitching at core of Bartlett’s surge May 4, 2013 12:00 AM
The odds did not favor Bartlett having another strong softball season back in March. The Hawks had plenty of talent returning from their 2012 Class 4A state runner-up team, but they lost an all-state catcher to injury and they had about 6 innings of varsity pitching experience returning. But here it is May a year later and, yep, there's Bartlett surging again. The Hawks are 18-6 overall and 9-2 in the Upstate Eight Conference, currently a game ahead of the pack in the Valley Division.
Kaneland repeats as County champs May 3, 2013 12:00 AM
From Friday's initial field events to the final relay, Kaneland kept the pressure on the other squads at the annual Kane County boys track and field meet at Burlington Central to win its second straight title and third in school history. The Knights scored 117 points to outdistance second-place St. Charles North (101) on a chilly, windy night on Rocket Hill, buoyed by two victorious relay teams and strong performances from hurdler Dylan Nauert, thrower Nate Dyer and sprinter Brandon Cottier, among others. West Aurora placed third (82), followed by Geneva (61), Batavia (52.5), Burlington Central (50), Marmion (25.5) and South Elgin (19).
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Upstate Eight girls meet postponed until Friday May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Due to inclement weather and safety concerns, the Upstate Eight Conference girls track and field meet was postponed Thursday night and will resume Friday at 4:30 p.m. at Memorial Field in Elgin. Elgin Athletic Director Paul Pennington and the UEC track coaches met five times in a span of an hour after the first lightning strike occurred around 5:45 p. m. and agreed that it was in the best interest of the student-athletes to keep them safe and postpone the meet.
Huntley offense explodes May 1, 2013 12:00 AM
The prolific Huntley offense was up to its old tricks again Wednesday. One day after they were shut out for the first time this season by Jacobs pitcher Evan Blunk in a 1-0 loss, the Red Raiders exploded for 19 hits in a 19-10 nonconference victory at Lake Zurich, marking the sixth game this season Huntley (18-3) has scored 16 runs or more.
Bartlett, South Elgin post Upstate Eight wins May 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Top moments in high school sportsApr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
Girls soccer/Fox Valley roundup Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
King’s hit wins it for Burlington Central Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
A double from senior Lauren King in the top of the seventh inning drove in the game-winning run as the Burlington Central softball team defeated Richmond-Burton 2-1 Tuesday in a Big Northern East matchup at Richmond. Bekah Harnish had 3 hits including a double for BC (16-1, 8-0), which won its 13th straight.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from volleyball, water polo, soccer, gymnastics, track, baseball and softball.
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Girls soccer/Fox Valley roundup Apr 27, 2013 12:00 AM
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- Warning lands Batavia teacher in hot water
- Barrington: Crash raises urgency for changes at CN crossing
- A happy surprise for one mom at Elgins Fox Trot
- Carnival worker charged in rape
- Minor injuries for 17 Algonquin students in bounce house accident
- Green smoothies provide health benefits, energy boost
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- DuPage County friends talk about $7.4 million win
- Mt. Prospect man dies after fall
- AUTO SALES - sales Job Fair Auto Sales Start Your New Career! No Experience Needed! We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men and women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for individuals with no previous experience selling automobiles to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement opportunities to manage- ment A positive, family oriented work environment! A big advertiser with ex- cellent floor traffic, inven tory and a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, May 20 -Noon to 4pm Tuesday, May 21 -10am to 4pm Interviews held at: ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N. Plum Grove Rd. (On Plum Grove just North of Golf Rd.) Schaumburg, IL 60173 No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 Please dress professionally for your interview! (id:4339972) JANITORIAL SUPERVISOR - Elgin Academy, a PS-12 school founded in 1839, is accepting applications for a Janitorial Supervisor. The school has 425 students and 9 buildings totaling 100,000 sq. feet. Strong candidates will have exp cleaning multiple buildings and demonstrated leadership skills. Position FT and includes benefits. Salary commensurate with exp. Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all. Candidates should send cover letter and resume electronically to: Gerald O'Keeffe, Director of Finance and Operations, email@example.com (id:4339066) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Employer Information: Professional membership association located in the northwestern suburbs with over 1200 members in the United States and Canada providing advanced continuing education services. Job Description: Professional membership association is seeking an organized, detailed oriented individual with excellent customer service skills to join our staff as an Administrative Assistant (AA) to provide support. Specifically, the AA will handle incoming calls and emails on events and membership; all inquiries involving membership; maintain membership files; compile and provide membership reports; process new member applications and dues payments; maintain office supplies; maintain and schedule multiple conference calls; write a variety of correspondence; assist with CE registration processing and related accounts receivables; coordinate publicity for a variety CE events, and various other support-office related duties as assigned. Candidate must be able and willing to do limited travel. This position reports to the IT Manager-Registrar. No calls or walk-ins. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at least three years of solid administrative experience and at the minimum a two-year accredited Associate's degree or equivalent work experience; good decision making and problem solving skills especially under time constraints; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; be proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Power Point; have the ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Candidate must be able to comfortably lift and carry 30 pounds. The position is also expected to work doing a variety of other office associated jobs as necessary. Candidate is expected to take a writing-computer proficiency test before hire. We offer an attractive benefits package. (id:4337756)
- CUSTODIAN - The Arlington Heights Park District (IL) seeks a FT Custodian to work nights to perform routine and non-routine cleaning, maintenance, & repairs in the upkeep of our Administration Center. Hours are Monday through Friday, 4 pm -12:30 am with modified shifts and OT as needed. The full job requirements and our online application are available at: www.ahpd.org/jobs Closing date: 5/20/13 (id:4339358) OFFICE MANAGER - Office -Small business in South Elgin seeking a reliable part time Office Manager to perform bookkeeping functions and general office duties. QuickBooks and Excel experience REQUIRED. The candidate must be able to work independently, multitask, deal with customers and accept challenges. Please submit your resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340163) DRIVER - CDL A Intermodal drivers wanted(Owner Operator/Com- pany Drivers) for Midwest area. Minimum 2 years of experience with clean record. Tel 630.595.5410 (id:4340139)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN INDUSTRIAL MACHIN - O'Hare area heavy machine manufacturer seeks an experienced electrical technician for panel building and machine wiring, machine testing, and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC circuits. Must be computer savy and able to read schematics. Knowledge of hydraulics a plus. This is a full-time position. (id:4339928) PROFESSIONAL DRIVER - Seeking professional driver with a CDL class B license with passenger endorsement. Located near O'Hare airport. Please call us at (708)583-2280 (id:4340335) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep -NW Chicago Sub Fastener Co. needs exper. Rep with good PC and phone skills. Mult- tasking a must. Email re- sume to email@example.com (id:4340536)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com