Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake Zurich
Oct. 29: CLC instructors to present library program on Ricardo Montalbán Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
Film and television fans remember actor Ricardo Montalbán for his many roles: dancing and singing in MGM movies of the 1940s and 1950s, as Khan in “Star Trek,” as Mr. Roarke in “Fantasy Island” and as Grandpa Avellan in the “Spy Kids” movies.
Jasmine Guy to star in ‘Raisin’ Cane’ at CLC Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
CLC Foundation gala generates over $120,000 for student scholarships Oct 23, 2014 1:01 PM
More than 250 friends of the College of Lake County Foundation generated more than $120,000 for student scholarships on Sept. 27 at the Black and White Ball: Toast of the Town, held at the historic Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
Deer Park event promotes breast cancer awareness Oct 11, 2014 7:52 PM
Deer Park Town Center and Alexian Brothers Health System hosted an event Saturday that included yoga, a fashion show and kids activities Saturday to promote breast cancer awareness and help fund research.
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery is Oct. 29 in Gurnee Oct 14, 2014 12:40 PM
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery, Oct. 29
PALATINE HIGH SCHOOL BRINGS ALICE IN WONDERLAND TO LIFE Oct 9, 2014 10:52 AM
PALATINE HIGH SCHOOL BRINGS ALICE IN WONDERLAND TO LIFE
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
CLC Environmental Health and Safety program to hold info sessions Oct 9, 2014 10:04 AM
CLC Environmental Health and Safety program to hold info sessions
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County Oct 13, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County
CLC Music Department announces fall concert lineup Oct 9, 2014 11:56 AM
Seven concerts, featuring a huge variety of choral and instrumental music, will be presented by the College of Lake County Music department during fall semester.
Da Vinci Waldorf Students Vist the Wauconda Food Pantry Weekly Oct 8, 2014 7:50 AM
Da Vinci Waldorf Students Vist the Wauconda Food Pantry Weekly
Janet Davies to emcee adoption agency’s fall gala Oct 21, 2014 3:58 PM
On Nov. 15, St. Mary’s Services will be hosting its annual fall gala entitled, “Making Miracles Happen,” at Concorde Banquets in Kildeer. This fundraising event is held to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month, commemorate all that the agency has accomplished over the past year, and to grow their resources for future endeavors.
Lake Zurich mayor accepts donated sign naming new playground, gives flowers to girl in return Oct 7, 2014 4:33 PM
Lake Zurich Mayor Thomas Poynton came bearing flowers for a special visitor at this week’s village board meeting. Poynton presented the colorful bouquet to 8-year-old Hailey Thorp, who thought of the name for a new playground at Paulus Park. Hailey received the flowers after giving a brown Lakeside Lookout Playground sign to Poynton.
Craft brewery approved in Lake Zurich Oct 7, 2014 6:37 AM
Drinkers soon will have another local option now that the Lake Zurich village board has approved a start-up craft brewery operation. Black Belt Brewery will join Copper Fiddle Distillery on Lake Zurich's adult beverage landscape.
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center Opens Oct 7, 2014 7:41 AM
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center will officially open on Tuesday, October 7. This school-based health center, at 800 N. High School Drive in Round Lake, is Lake County’s first, and is one of 65 in Illinois. Made possible through a partnership among the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center, Round Lake Area School District 116, Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County, Nicasa Behavioral Health Services, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Mano a Mano Family Resource Center, Rosalind Franklin University Health System, and Vista Health System, the Center’s goal is to improve the physical and emotional health of students attending the high school and to teach them life-long, positive health behaviors by providing quality, comprehensive primary healthcare.
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- New lawsuit filed against arrested Schaumburg cops
- Gun license numbers don't tell whole story in suburbs
- No more excuses
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Light up Halloween night with homemade luminaries
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Improvements coming to Lombard Prairie Path crossing
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.