Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kaneland Unit District 302
Registration news for Kaneland Unit District 302 Jul 1, 2014 4:47 PM
Kaneland Unit District 302 will begin the new school year on Wednesday, Aug. 20, with a full day of classes. Full bus service to all schools and full hot lunch service at the middle school and high school will be provided the first day of school.
Kaneland names new asst. principal at elementary school Jul 1, 2014 3:34 PM
The Kaneland Unit District 302 board of education is pleased to announce the appointment of Kathy Webster to be .5 Assistant Principal at Kaneland John Stewart Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year.
Teen’s death may have been a case of ‘breezing’ Jun 19, 2014 6:34 PM
Police in Maple Park believe a 14-year-old boy struck and killed by a freight train last month may have been playing a dangerous game known as “breezing.” The name refers to the thrill some people get from standing up close to a passing train.
Kaneland middle schooler dies after being hit by freight train Jun 2, 2014 1:50 PM
Kaneland Harter Middle School student Parker Wolfsmith has died, after being struck by a train Saturday evening. He was standing alongside train tracks near Liberty Street, according to Maple Park and railroad police.
Kaneland High, Nicholson schools receive state honors May 15, 2014 6:06 PM
Kaneland High School in Maple Park and Nicholson Elementary School in Montgomery were praised by state school superintendent Christopher Koch, as he bestowed Academic Improvement awards at a ceremony at Kaneland.
Kaneland board approves support, administrative staff raises May 13, 2014 9:09 AM
The Kaneland school board approved 2.7 percent raises for many support workers and administrators Monday night.
2013-14 Fox Valley Academic Team honorable mentions May 8, 2014 3:00 PM
2013-14 Fox Valley Academic Team honorable mentions
District 158 selects new chief academic officer Apr 30, 2014 6:31 PM
Erika Schlichter has been tapped as Huntley School District 158's new chief academic officer. Schlichter comes from Kaneland School District 302 where she serves as director of education services for grades six through 12. She replaces Mike Moan, who is leaving District 158 after 17 years to become superintendent of Woodstock Community Unit School District 200.
Will lawmakers extend moratorium on virtual charter schools? Mar 29, 2014 6:06 PM
A statewide moratorium on allowing virtual charter schools is set to expire Tuesday unless lawmakers decide to extend it. The Illinois State Charter School Commission has issued a report to the state legislature about virtual charter schools, recommending an extension of the moratorium through Dec. 31, 2016, to allow the development of guidelines.
Kaneland board to talk lunches, staffing, computers Feb 22, 2014 8:00 AM
The Kaneland school board Monday will talk about whether to add more teachers to the middle school to lower class sizes; whether to offer middle-school Spanish; and whether to offer hot lunches at elementary schools. The discussions will give staff members direction as they prepare the 2014-15 budget.
Kaneland arts boosters hold barbeque benefit Feb 13, 2014 11:34 AM
The Kaneland Performing Arts Boosters has announced the second annual Knight of Performances Barbeque Dinner scheduled from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 2, at Kaneland Harter Middle School. A variety of talented student musicians and performers from both Kaneland Harter Middle School and Kaneland High will be on hand to provide entertainment.
Kaneland considering middle-school Spanish Feb 1, 2014 8:00 AM
The Kaneland school board is considering adding Spanish foreign-language instruction at Harter Middle School.
Kaneland leaves online-learning cooperative venture Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Kaneland School District 302 is dropping out of a five-district group that was planning a cooperative for online and blended learning. “I can’t support it. ... I think we should look for other opportunities,” said board member Teresa Witt, because the district didn’t have the money “lying around.”
2013-2014 Fox Valley Leadership Team Dec 13, 2013 8:34 AM
The students named to the Daily Herald Leadership Team sometimes amaze even those who know them best. "I have never seen a student do what Sally did last year ... (she) organized an entire school and literally an entire community to hold a Relay For Life," writes Jonathan Young, a counselor at Central High School on behalf of his nominee, Sally Heyob. The 39 members of the 2013-14 Fox Valley Leadership team, both winners and honorable mentions, have that kind of drive in common.
Kaneland hires 2 as interim athletics directors Dec 10, 2013 7:18 PM
Kaneland will spend up to $60,000 for two men to fill in as athletic director, while it looks for a permanent replacement. Only one board member, Tony Valente, voted against the measure Monday; he said it was too much to spend.
St. Charles to alter approach to business recruitment, retention Dec 10, 2013 12:30 AM
St. Charles to restructure department responsible for recrutiing new businesses to town, continue pattern of internal promotion.
Kaneland asking for 4.6 percent more in property taxes Dec 9, 2013 10:44 PM
The Kaneland school board vote Monday to ask for 4.58 percent more in property taxes, to be collected in 2014. Of the proposed $52.2 million request, almost $9.9 million of that would be used to repay debt with the rest for operating expenses.
Kaneland High to stage ‘Almost, Maine’ Nov 12, 2013 4:09 PM
Love, life and magical moments are all a part of the thought-provoking drama "Almost, Maine," which will be performed this weekend at Kaneland High School in Maple Park. “I liked that the show is a series of short stories, as opposed to one long show, because it gives me the chance to focus more closely on character development," said first-time director Christina Staker.
How one Kane County school bucked the odds Oct 31, 2013 6:05 PM
Kaneland John Stewart Elementary School Principal Laura Garland says there is no "magic solution" to improving students scores on state-mandated standardized tests. Just lots of hard work and attention paid to how individual students are doing, which is how Stewart School moved backin to the win column with its scores documented in the 2013 state report card.
Kaneland elementary students could get hot-lunch program Oct 14, 2013 1:58 PM
The Kaneland school district plans to discuss whether to start a hot lunch program at its elementary schools. The school board will discuss the matter when it meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Kaneland Harter Middle School. Currently, hot lunch is offered only at Kaneland High School and Harter Middle School, 1601 Esker Drive, Sugar Grove.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Glen Ellyn students' costumes are saintly, not scary
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- Hossa hits milestone in Blackhawks' win
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.