Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harper College
Madison takes control against Harper Feb 21, 2015 8:23 PM
The Harper women’s basketball team is quite used to players getting big minutes, with only six active players on the roster. So Hawks coach Jenny Turpel was planning to use her five starters for the full 40 minutes — until Kim Herzog committed her fifth foul with 2:48 left. By that time, Madison Area Technical College had pretty much taken control on the way to a 69-45 victory in Palatine on Saturday in North Central Community College Conference play.
Harper qualifies nine wrestlers to nationals Feb 17, 2015 8:50 PM
Harper will send nine wrestlers to the NJCAA championships later this month after a strong showing in the Central District Championships last weekend at Triton College in River Grove. The Hawks, ranked 18th in the nation, came up 15 points shy of No. 11-ranked Muskegon College (Mich.) in the final team standings. The two leading programs had head-to-head matchup in six of the 10 weight classes, with each team winning three times.
World-renowned guitarist to perform, teach master class at Harper Feb 16, 2015 9:03 AM
One of the world’s leading classical guitarists will present an exciting and intimate program of music by Bach, Barrios and Rodrigo and arrangements of enchanting Persian ballads during an upcoming performance at Harper College
Player of the week award for Harper’s Gatlin Feb 16, 2015 10:16 PM
Entering this season, expectations were high for Harper freshman guard Marcus Gatlin. At first he struggled to adapt to the college game, but it sure looks like the hard times are over for the 5-foot-9 Chicago Curie product. On Monday, Gatlin was named NJCAA Region IV, Division III men’s basketball player of the week.
Registration open for free motorcycle safety training run by Harper College Feb 16, 2015 1:08 PM
Despite the snow and chilly temps, it won’t be too long before the convertible tops come down and motorcyclists are out in droves. That means registration is now open for Harper College’s popular — and free — Motorcycle Safety Training program. About 5,000 riders took part in more than 500 basic, intermediate and advanced courses held last year between March and October through Harper, which serves all 10 training sites in Cook County.
Considering a return to college? Feb 17, 2015 7:20 AM
Considering a return to college?
Nicholson gets 30 in Harper’s loss Feb 14, 2015 8:52 PM
Harper’s women’s basketball team was looking for back to-back wins for the first time this season. But visiting Joliet Junior College looked every bit as good as its 19-9 record and came away with an 82-56 victory in Palatine on Saturday.
Joliet outshoots Harper Feb 14, 2015 8:53 PM
Heartache is something the Harper College men’s basketball team has felt frequently recently. It was present again at the Sports and Wellness Center on Saturday as the Hawks fell to Joliet Junior College 66-55 in North Central Community College Conference play. Joliet (18-10, 4-8) made it especially tough on Harper defensively, holding the Hawks to 30.4 percent shooting from the field. The Wolves played a zone, and Harper had trouble solving it.
Latino Unidos club at Harper teaches students to dance Feb 11, 2015 6:03 PM
With Valentine’s Day coming Saturday, the Latino Unidos club at Harper College in Palatine took the opportunity Wednesday to show fellow students moves for the dance floor.
College of DuPage shoots past Harper Feb 12, 2015 4:18 PM
Wednesday was rivalry night at the Harper College gymnasium in Palatine, where College of DuPage was able to grab men’s basketball bragging rights with a 76-70 victory in North Central Community College Conference play.
Harper enjoys one-sided victory Feb 11, 2015 11:49 PM
Over the last three seasons, Harper College women’s basketball has been on the short end of lopsided games often enough. The Hawks were able to turn the tables Wednesday, defeating College of DuPage 75-49 in a North Central Community College Conference matchup in Palatine.
Registration open for Harper motorcycle safety course Feb 10, 2015 4:39 PM
Registration is now open for Harper College’s popular — and free — Motorcycle Safety Training program. The state of Illinois program is available to new and veteran bikers alike, with the aim of making the roads safer for everyone.
New Harper exhibit features artist Ryan Thompson Feb 9, 2015 1:14 PM
The newest exhibition at Harper College’s Art Exhibition Space features a series of photo-based work and recent projects by Ryan Thompson, an associate professor of art and design at Chicago’s Trinity Christian College. “Records are Written in Stone” runs through Thursday, Feb. 19.
EIU to hold open house at Harper Professional Center April 14 Feb 6, 2015 8:23 AM
EIU to hold open house at Harper Professional Center April 14
Harper Symphony ‘Mardi Gras’ concert to feature trumpet soloist Mary Elizabeth Bowden Feb 5, 2015 1:54 PM
Harper Symphony Orchestra will channel the rich New Orleans tradition of Fat Tuesday at its upcoming concert, “Mardi Gras.”
Harper women’s team fights past Triton Feb 5, 2015 12:05 AM
Facing a 12-point deficit with 8:40 left in the first half, the Harper women’s basketball team showed the kind of resolve needed to win against visiting Triton in North Central Community College Conference play Wednesday. “We had to come back as a team and work hard,” said Harper’s Ashonte Sims, who finished with 16 points. That hard work helped the Hawks overcome the early challenge as Harper won 70-54.
Harper Symphony Orchestra to perform Mardi Gras concert Feb 5, 2015 7:08 AM
Harper Symphony Orchestra to perform Mardi Gras concert
Community college presidents want to award four-year degrees Feb 4, 2015 1:40 PM
Harper College for years asked lawmakers for the ability to offer bachelor's degrees, but the effort stalled. Now community colleges across the state have banded together to back the idea, saying people could benefit from having a low-cost education option nearby.
Harper to offer trio of Indian cooking classes Feb 4, 2015 2:55 PM
Harper to offer trio of Indian cooking classes
Power of 15 brings college to suburban high schools Feb 2, 2015 5:34 AM
A new program through Harper college is encouraging all students at districts 214, 211 and 220 to earn 15 college credits before graduating from high school. The classes will be taught with college curriculum, but by high school teachers in high school classrooms, and the credits will transfer to any college in Illinois. The program is the first of its kind in the suburbs and earned the schools recognition at the White House late last year.
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to email@example.com. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.