Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Gilberts
Clearbrook PAL Event Showcases Tastes of ItalyMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
On Sunday, March 16, Maggiano’s Little Italy at the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg opened its doors to host the 17th annual Clearbrook’s PAL (Partners in Adult Learning) Program fundraiser where friends and family alike were encouraged to “mangia, mangia” while supporting a worthy cause.
Home and Community Education Units meetMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
On Feb. 27, members of the Hampshire/Henpeck, Plato Center and St. Charles Units of Home and Community Education met at the Safari Oasis in Hampshire to enjoy a buffet luncheon of traditional African preparation.
How video games might actually help kids lose weightMar 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Kids these days are often living a more sedentary lifestyle which has contributed to increasing obesity.
4-H robotics clubs meet in Elgin for annual showcase March 22Mar 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Interested in learning more about robotics? Come watch dozens of local 4-H robotics teams share their work at the second annual 4-H Robotics Showcase on Saturday afternoon, March 22, at Abbott Middle School in Elgin. The free event will feature more than 25 4-H robotics clubs and teams from DuPage, Kane & Kendall counties. The goal is to share their experiences, showcase their hard work and learn from each other.
Burlington Lioness annual spring raffle March 22Mar 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Burlington Lioness Spring Raffle on Saturday, March 22, at Mott's Lounge, Burlington, starting at 7 p.m. to support Central High School scholarships to two graduating applicants. Great prizes for a greater cause!
Finessed at the Forge for Fine LineMar 14, 2014 12:00 AM
A new handcrafted sign graces the entrance of Fine Line Creative Arts Center, on Bolcum Rd. in St. Charles.
Bring items for troop care packages to Hampshire expoMar 12, 2014 12:00 AM
The Hampshire American Legion Auxiliary Unit 680 will be hosting an “Operation Support Our Troops,” and “Operation Warm Troops” event at their booth during the Hampshire Chamber’s Home and Business Expo from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at Hampshire Middle School, 560 S. State St.
20th year for Lenten Concert Series Mar 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Twenty years ago, Phyllis Connelly, a talented and dedicated local organist, conceived of a time when Christians of all denominations would join together in Lenten reflection through the sharing of music, song, prayer and fellowship.
Girl Scouts celebrate faith-based connectionsMar 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Girl Scouts and faith-based communities share an enduring tradition of Girl Scouting and spiritual expression that spans the organization’s history. The Girl Scout experience is based on the Girl Scout Promise and Law, which include principles and values common to most faiths.
Students raise thousand to fight hungerMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Elgin, IL – Wednesday, March 5th proved to be a spectacular “Champions of Change” celebration. Students and faculty from fourteen U-46 and Burlington district schools were honored for taking part in Food For Greater Elgin’s Change for Hunger Challenge to help hungry families in need.
Civil War stories open season at Dundee historical museum March 9Mar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
The Dundee Township Historical Museum will open for the 2014 season at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9. Local Civil War historian Kenneth Gough will present a special program focusing on the 52nd Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry, “The Dundee Regiment.”
Celebrate the Big Tournament with "The 3 Point Shot" specialMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Urology, Ltd. is celebrating the Big Tournament with "The 3 Point Shot" special now through the end of March.
Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowdMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
On Saturday, February 22, over 450 people wined and dined at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting, benefitting Clearbrook’s Employment Services Program.
Burlington Lioness annual spring raffle March 22Mar 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Burlington Lioness Spring Raffle on Saturday March 22, 2014 at Mott's Lounge, Burlington starting at 7PM to support Central High School scholarships to (2) graduating applicants. Great prizes for a greater cause!
Elgin Lions to put proceeds of 30th Rose Day to good useMar 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The Elgin Lions Club is having their 30th annual Rose Day to fund their charitable works. They will be selling one dozen long-stemmed roses for $15 between now and April 7 for delivery on April 16-18. Club members will also be selling roses at Elgin train stations during this time.
Get your team onboard for Literacy Connection Trivia BeeMar 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Information and online team registration is now available for The Literacy Connection’s 17th annual Trivia Bee Fundraiser, which takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin.
What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?Feb 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) combines endoscopy and ultrasound; this procedure allows a doctor to obtain detailed images of the digestive track.
Louis Rossi selected as top cop in GilbertsFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Gilberts names new police chief, official vote expected next week.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5Feb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, March 5, 10 am – 4 pm in the Prairie Room at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, 450 West Highway 22 in Barrington, Illinois.
Hats off to our mail carriersFeb 24, 2014 12:00 AM
A Gilberts leter to the editor: Hats off to all mailmen who walk for hours in this extremely cold and snowy weather. All mailmen in the suburbs walk their route no matter how extremely cold or snowy it is.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- EDUCATION - Education Harper College Summer Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Summer 2014 Adjunct Faculty positions: Credit Classes: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu harpercollege.edu Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Exploring Learning Illuminating Academic ESL Adult Education/Literacy ESL Astronomy Certified Nursing Assistant Chemistry Engineering General Biology German Human Anatomy Human Physiology Mathematics Philosophy Physical Science Physics Spanish (id:4369579) DRIVER - Driver Driver/Concierge -PT Transport residents to appoint- ments and events, maintain a vehicle log, relieve Concierge for break when applicable, and assist with resident activities. Please provide a DMV printout of your driving record when interviewed. Reqs: Valid IL Class C Driver's License, 2 yrs exp. Fax, apply in person or apply online at belmontvillagejobs.com Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 fax: 847-537-5308 EOE (id:4369919) HVAC SERVICE TECH - F-T HVAC tech. 5+ yrs exp. Must have valid dr lic and clean dr record. Oncall rotation req, local tech pref. great benefits. Ibbotson Htg. 847-253-0866 (id:4369828)
- DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced CDL A Route Drivers $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! National DCP offers great benefits, straight pay and the potential to earn up to $80,000 annually! Saturday, April 12th 8:00am-1:00pm Apply in person at: Hilton Garden Inn -Chicago/Tinley Park 18335 LaGrange Road Tinley Park, IL 60487 Location is off of I-80: Exit 145 LaGrange Road Applicants unable to attend may email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Required Experience/Qualifications: -Minimum of 2 years' driving experience -Clean driving record -Current medical certification -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening (id:4370457) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) SHIPPING AND RECEIVING - Shipping/Receiving Need exp. asst in shipping & receiving to work and oversee outgoing shipments e-mail email@example.com (id:4370032)
- SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST - Financial Sr. Financial Analyst -Charge Master Full-time, Days This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; Master's degree preferred. Requires a minimum five to seven years of health care experience and knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, reimbursement programs, hospital coding, provider billing, and revenue analysis. Apply online at: www.rockfordhealthsystem.org EOE (id:4369976) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494) BOOKKEEPER WANTED - Bookkeeper Wanted!! Position within insurance related business. Must be proficient with Quickbooks. email: email@example.com (id:4369428)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.