Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Gages Lake
Keeping Pets Safe in Winter Weather Dec 22, 2014 7:31 AM
Keeping Pets Safe in Winter Weather
Lake County Center for Independent Living to celebrate 25 years Dec 18, 2014 9:19 AM
Lake County Center for Independent Living (LCCIL) is a 501c3 disability rights and service organization that was founded in 1990.
CLC Board awards $3 million sustainability contract Dec 19, 2014 10:52 AM
Beginning an investment in reducing energy costs and making the College of Lake County more sustainable, the Board of Trustees approved a contract for $3.05 million for the construction of a geothermal field on the west side of the Grayslake campus.
Holidays at Friendship Village Dec 18, 2014 7:30 AM
Holidays at Friendship Village
Annual MLK breakfast will feature leader of interfaith youth movement Dec 19, 2014 5:33 PM
Eboo Patel, Ph.D., whose Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) organization is focused on building the interfaith movement on college campuses nationwide, will be the featured speaker at the 20th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast hosted by Benedictine University and College of DuPage on Monday, January 19, 2015. The breakfast will be held from 8:00-9:30 a.m. in the Main Dining Room of the Krasa Student Center on the campus of Benedictine University. Patel, named by U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Leaders of 2009,” is the founder and president of IFYC. The author of several books, Patel is also a regular contributor to The Washington Post, USA Today, Huffington Post, NPR and CNN. He served on President Barack Obama’s inaugural Advisory Council of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and earned a Ph.D. in the Sociology of Religion from Oxford University, where he studied on a Rhodes scholarship. Patel serves on the Religious Advisory Committee of the Council on Foreign Relations, on the board of directors for the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, on the National Committee of the Aga Khan Foundation USA, and on the Department of Homeland Security’s Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee. Both Patel and the IFYC were honored with the Roosevelt Institute’s Freedom of Worship Medal in 2009, and he was recently awarded the Guru Nanak Interfaith Prize, which is given to an individual to enhance awareness of the crucial role of religious dialogue in the pursuit of peace. The King Breakfast, which honors the legacy of the civil rights leader and celebrates diversity, is one of the largest events of its kind in the state. More than 500 community leaders and citizens attend annually. A portion of the proceeds benefits the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund. The event is sponsored by Nicor Gas. For more information and tickets, call the McAninch Arts Center at (630) 942-4000 or visit http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?pid=7882739. Tickets are $25 each.
Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System Finds Creative Ways to Celebrate Holidays with Patients and Staff Dec 17, 2014 7:29 AM
Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System Finds Creative Ways to Celebrate Holidays with Patients and Staff
Oak Brook-based IMRF Receives Excellence Award Dec 19, 2014 5:41 PM
Illinois Performance Excellence announces Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund of Oak Brook, IL is a recipient of the 2014 Silver Award for “Progress toward Excellence” for demonstrating effective, systematic, well-deployed approaches that respond to the multiple requirements to most of the Criteria. Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund will be formally honored at the 20th annual award recognition ceremony, “Saluting Excellence,” on March 26, 2015, held at the Abbington Banquets located in Glen Ellyn. “Congratulations to Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund and all of its employees for its commitment to an on-going journey to excellence,” says Darcy Davidsmeyer, President and CEO of Illinois Performance Excellence. “IMRF is taking the lead in its industry to address organizational performance and process/resource alignment with the outcome for better efficiencies, focus and overall results.” Recipients of the ILPEx Silver Award go to those organizations which have demonstrated effective, systematic, well-deployed approaches that respond to the multiple requirements to most of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) was created by the Illinois General Assembly. Since 1941, IMRF has partnered with local units of government to provide retirement, disability and death benefits for public employees. With a funded status of 96.7 percent and $33 billion in assets, IMRF is well-funded and sustainable. Today, IMRF has about 400,000 members and retirees, and serves nearly 3,000 different units of government, including towns and villages, libraries and park districts, and counties and school districts (non-teaching personnel). The average member who retired in 2013 had 22 years of service and received an annual benefit of about $16,500. “For any organization committed to excellence by improving the products or services it provides its customers, clients or members, the task of identifying and implementing the best approach can appear daunting. There are innumerable books and videos on the best management practices. The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund has found the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as implemented by ILPEx to be the most successful and comprehensive approach for developing the culture and infrastructure necessary for meeting our customer service goals. Our members deserve the best and ILPEx is helping us to meet that challenge. IMRF is honored to be recognized for its progress toward excellence as it receives a Silver Award. This recognition and the feedback report support and reinvigorate our efforts to become a world class organization,” said Louis W. Kosiba, Executive Director, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. About Illinois Performance Excellence (ILPEx) ILPEx was founded in 1994 to nurture, develop and highlight excellence by bringing individuals and organizations together, to learn from each other, to share best practices for organizational change and process improvement. As a 501 (c)(3), ILPEx’s mission is to advance Illinois organizations’ capability and knowledge of performance excellence by delivering consultation, instruction and assessments within the framework of the Criteria for Performance Excellence. For more information on how your organization can benefit from services provided by Illinois Performance Excellence, visit www.ilpex.org, or call 630-637-1595. For more information on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, visit www.nist.gov/baldrige/.
American English, others added to CLC’s spring lineup Dec 18, 2014 1:42 PM
Three new events have been added to the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts Professional Touring Series at the College of Lake County for Spring Semester 2015.
Family, Marines wish World War II veteran a happy 90th birthday Dec 13, 2014 3:46 PM
More than 100 members of a large Lake County family and representatives from the U.S. Marine Corps came together on Saturday to celebrate the 90th birthday of World War II veteran Raymond Rosing. “I was very surprised,” Rosing said.
Honor Flight a high point for female WWII veteran Dec 12, 2014 9:42 AM
By 1945, at the end of WWII, less than three percent of American military personnel were women. Barbara “Bobbie” Merritt was one of them. A resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire, Bobbie achieved the rank of Chief Petty Officer inthe Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service), serving in Arlington, Virginia.
Sedgebrook woodworker brings new life to old finds Dec 8, 2014 1:18 PM
Don Hollenbeck is disturbed by “move-in-ready” home makeover TV shows. “I can’t understand how people can just come into a place with things that someone else has picked out and set up for them,” said the woodworker and resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire.
Irish tenor brings ‘Christmas from Ireland’ to CLC Dec 16, 2014 12:17 PM
Michael Londra, the Irish tenor best known as the voice of “Riverdance” on Broadway, will present “A Christmas from Ireland,” a performance told in song, dance and story.
Stick to simple healthy hints to stay on track this holiday season Dec 5, 2014 10:52 PM
Americans gain one to two pounds between the Thanksgiving feast and the New Year countdown. Some do not lose those extra pounds and add weight cumulatively every year. Simple, smart selections this holiday season can help avoid this annual obstacle and set up a positive start to 2015. “The best strategy for the holidays is to aim for weight maintenance,” said Laura Barr, Nutrition and Wellness Educator with University of Illinois Extension.
Vista Medical Center West honored for 75 years with AHA Dec 10, 2014 9:10 AM
Vista Medical Center West in Waukegan recently was recognized by the American Hospital Association in honor of its 75th anniversary of membership with the national healthcare organization.
Lake County Marines Corps group donates $10,000 to Tots for Tots Dec 9, 2014 1:26 PM
Members of the Lake County Detachment 801 of the Marines Corps League presented a check for $10,000 to the Toys for Tots Foundation, which will be used to purchase toys for children in Lake County.
Mundelein Knit & Crochet Studio Joins Mundelein Makers Dec 5, 2014 2:52 PM
Mundelein Knit & Crochet Studio joins Village Homesteading Mundelein and Mundelein Makers for their Maker Kids Textile Event.
CLC dance troupe to present Winter Dance Concert Dec 2, 2014 9:12 AM
The annual Winter Dance Concert will be presented by the College of Lake County Dance Department’s Prairie Spirits Dance Troupe on Dec. 5, 6 and 7 in the Mainstage Theatre of the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts on the Grayslake campus.
Community Advocacy Program Now Open for Applications Dec 2, 2014 8:58 AM
People with disabilities who want to become leaders in the disability community and are interested in making a difference in society are invited to take part in a community advocacy program offered by the Lake County Center for Independent Living.
Community advocacy program now open for applications Dec 2, 2014 1:04 PM
Lake County Center for Independent Living Community Advocacy Program is taking applications for new members.
Fox Lake Theatre Presents Free Screening of “The Polar Express” Dec 2, 2014 4:07 PM
Celebrate the holiday season at the Fox Lake Theatre with a FREE screening of “The Polar Express.” This special show is slated for Saturday, December 13, 2014, at 10 AM at the Fox Lake Theatre, located at 115 Town Centre Lane in Fox Lake. The film is sponsored by the Lions Club. Santa will be on hand to greet children before the film.
- Update: It will take weeks to determine cause of death of Blackhawks staffer
- Images: Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions
- Nintendo designer talks 'amiibo,' 'Zelda' and 'Mario'
- Rozner: Is this the worst Bears season in memory?
- Smashing Pumpkins' Corgan looks ahead, not back
- With Clausen out, Trestman turns to Cutler
- What Sox fans can expect from the new guys
- Lawsuit filed after I-90 construction accident in Elgin
- Mike North video: It's all about the quarterback
- Contested municipal races crop up across DuPage
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- What Sox fans can expect from the new guys
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Minorities now the new majority in schools statewide
- Barrington grad, partner win million in 'Amazing Race'
- Facebook seeks to block prosecutor's search warrants
- Nikola Mirotic dilemma is a nice problem to have
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Football: Crabel steps down at Burlington Central
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- PT OFFICE TECH - VILLAGE OF GLENDALE HEIGHTS PART-TIME OFFICE TECHNICIAN GLENDALE LAKES GOLF CLUB The Glendale Lakes Golf Club is accepting applications for a part-time Office Technician. The schedule for this position is Monday through Sunday with varying days and shifts as needed by the facility. This is a 20-25 hour per week position. The part-time Office Technician performs routine clerical work in answering telephones, receiving and responding to the public both verbally and in writing, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, data entry, bookkeeping and filing as well as general office and clerical work. Graduation from High School or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, reception, answering telephones, data entry, accounting and bookkeeping, and two years of responsible related clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent computer and customer service skills and also have the ability to interact with the public and a diverse population of business and professional clients. Applicants will be tested on MS Office skills (Excel and Word), customer service skills and their typing speed and accuracy rate (35 wpm minimum). HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a Village of Glendale Heights employment application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attention: Human Resources Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background investigation. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15 mile radius of the Village. Posted 11-4-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4392743) LANDSCAPE LABORER - Landscape Laborer, 80 temporary pos, Landscape Concepts Management, Grayslake, Chicago & Aurora, IL. 4/1/2015-11/26/2015. Mow, trim, edge, water, dormant pruning; remove leaves & debris; clean up. Able to lift up to 50 lbs., No exp req., will train. $9.00/hr, $13.50/hr OT, 40 hrs/ wk, OT varies, 6:00a-4:00p, M-Sat Rotating Schedule. Uniform purchase required. Raise at employer's discretion. Transportation provided from central location for mul-tiple job sites within Lake, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grun-dy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry & Will Counties. To apply call 847-223-3800 to schedule an interview or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Refer to JO#2380888 (id:4394012) CLASS A DRIVERS - Attention: CLASS-A DRIVERS Coming soon to CSX Intermodal Terminals: NEW Commercial Truck Lease Purchase Program! Affordable Options Great Inventory Outstanding Warranties Maintenance Plan If you are a hard-working trucker who is ready to lease your own truck - Call Today: 888.590.2671 or email: csxi@extendedbusiness services.com online at: drivecsxi.com/lease (id:4392075)
- RETAIL - Retail Verizon Careers -Available today. It's an exciting time to join Verizon. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses and communities everywhere. Join our team and you can be a part of it. Opportunities currently exist in The Greater Chicago Area for: RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES Enjoy benefits worthy of the name Total Rewards including: -Competitive Salaries & Sales Incentives -Tuition Assistance (up to $8,000/year) -401(k) Savings Plan (with up to 6% company match) & Profit Sharing -Corporate Discounts -Immediate Medical, Vision & Dental -Employee Phone Program (50% off service) -Plus much more! Visit verizon.com/jobs for more information and to apply today. Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4392107) YOGA INSTRUCTOR - Fitness -Sr. Dahn Yoga Instructor:Train/supervise/ teach instructors on effective relay the Dahn Yoga, Brain Education. 2 yr exp req'd. Job site/intrw: Mount Prospect, IL 60056 Send resume to Dahn Yoga & Health Centers, Inc. 3651 E. Baseline Rd. #228, Gilbert, AZ 85234 (id:4393453) CONCIERGE - CONCIERGE Compassionate, dependable, and safety-minded individual who relates well with senior citizens is needed to meet daily with our short term re- hab patients to address their non-clinical requests and to transport them to clinic appointments in our Medi Van. Safe driving record and stan-dard driver's license required. Interested parties contact: Ellyn Hanson, Admissions Director Lee Manor 1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-635-4000 (id:4394091)
- CUSTODIAN - Custodian, Marquardt SD 15, Glendale Hts. Must read, write and be literate in English. Physical ability to perform tasks associated with custodial work. 2 yrs. Exp. as custodian req'd. $11.50/hr. 40 hrs/week. Full benefits. Apply online www.d15.us. (id:4394051) LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 3/17-11/30/15) 25 openings w/ V&A Landscaping, Elgin, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in multiple IL co's to mow, cut, edge, water lawns; rake/blow leaves; leaves; dig; plant; pull/chop weeds; prune; fertilize; haul topsoil; mulch; lift/carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/ educ; 45hpw; 7a-5:30p M-F; weekend work; $12.72/hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; emplr pd drug testing. Fax resume to 847-741-8941. (id:4393887) SR. QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Sr.Quality Manager/ Sapphire Manufacturing with MS in Indust. Eng +2 yrs exper. as quality manager. Must have exper, in each of the follow.: 1. SPC & DOE Methodologies. 2. Sapphire manufacturing from crystal growth to EPI polished wafers to pattern sapphire substrate. 3. Metrological & crystallographic analysis. 4. imple-mentation of ISO standards. Submit resume by email to email@example.com with SQM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4392996)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.