Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Ela Township
Homeless housing plan near Lake Zurich delayed by appeal Feb 6, 2015 5:04 PM
Plans to place chronically homeless people with mental illness in a building near Lake Zurich are on hold after a residents’ group appealed the decision by a Lake County agency to grant an occupancy permit. Residents for an Engaged Community, a group that includes members from Lake Zurich and Hawthorn Woods, objected to the permit that would allow the homeless agency PADS Lake County to use Midlothian Manor.
Residents seek injunction over homeless housing plan near Lake Zurich Feb 3, 2015 6:08 AM
Opponents have gone to court to try to force a public vetting of a plan to place chronically homeless people with mental illness in a building near Lake Zurich. Residents for an Engaged Community is contesting the administrative permitting process for Midlothian Manor, which is owned by the Lake County Housing Authority. “It (the proposal) really deserves a public hearing as a conditional use,” an attorney said.
Residents pool cash to fight Lake County homeless plan Jan 29, 2015 5:30 AM
Some residents in Lake Zurich, Hawthorn Woods and nearby unincorporated areas have formed a group and are pooling their money as they consider how to contest a proposal to place chronically homeless people with mental illness in a neighborhood of single-family homes.
Lake Zurich village board hears concern about homeless housing plan Jan 21, 2015 5:30 AM
Lake Zurich residents and others continue to express their concerns over a plan to provide apartments to chronically homeless people with mental illness in an unincorporated area, this time to officials on the village board who do not have jurisdiction in the matter. “You really need to reach out to the folks making the decisions,” Village Manager Jason Slowinski told the residents from Ela Township and Lake Zurich.
Homeless housing plan outside Lake Zurich raises fears Jan 12, 2015 10:36 PM
Concerns about additional crime and a drop in property values were among those expressed by Lake Zurich-area residents at an information meeting Monday night on plan to move rental housing for chronically homeless people with mental illness from North Chicago to a residential neighborhood just outside the village.
Meeting on Midlothian Manor homeless plan set for Monday at Lake Zurich library Jan 10, 2015 7:30 AM
An informational meeting is set for Monday regarding a plan to move rental housing for chronically homeless people with mental illness from a North Chicago hospital complex to a residential neighborhood just outside Lake Zurich. The session will begin at 6 p.m. at Ela Area Public Library in Lake Zurich. Representatives from PADS Lake County, a homeless agency, and the Lake County Housing Authority will make presentations and answer questions about the proposed use of the facility at Midlothian Road and Lakewood Lane.
Meeting set on plan for homeless facility near Lake Zurich Dec 19, 2014 4:36 PM
An informational meeting is set for Jan. 12 regarding a proposal for chronically homeless people with mental illness to live in a building on the edge of Lake Zurich's north side.
Editorial: The need for openness on housing projects Dec 9, 2014 8:11 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says the Lake County Housing Authority and PADS Lake County should have informed local officials about plans to operate a rental housing program in Ela Township for chronically homeless people with mental illnesses.
Plan would bring homeless to facility near Lake Zurich Nov 24, 2014 5:30 AM
PADS Lake County plans to move rental housing for chronically homeless people with mental illness from a North Chicago hospital campus to a residential neighborhood just outside Lake Zurich. Under the plan, the nonprofit homeless agency would lease the 14-unit Midlothian Manor building owned by the Lake County Housing Authority.
Democratic meet-and-greet: Sep 9, 2014 6:30 PM
The Ela and Cuba Township Democrats will sponsor a candidate meet-and-greet in Kildeer on Sunday, Sept. 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. The event will take place at the home of Tim Jackson, 22395 W. Thornridge, Kildeer.
Celebrating renovations to 149-year-old former Ela Township hall in Lake Zurich Sep 5, 2014 5:30 AM
Ela Township will host a rededication ceremony to recognize upgrades to a 149-year-old building with roots to an area settler’s family in downtown Lake Zurich. Now home to the Ela Historical Society and Museum, the festivities are set for 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, at the structure that is now home to the Ela Historical Society and Museum.
Ela Soccer Club strikes lease for land to build fields in Long Grove Aug 30, 2014 7:15 AM
Ela Soccer Club plans to build new fields on publicly owned property deemed of no use to the village of Long Grove. Long Grove village board members this week voted 6-0 in favor of leasing 11 acres to the youth soccer organization. “We’re really happy to be able to make these fields available to (the club),” Long Grove Village President Angie Underwood said.
See early images of Lake Zurich in postcard exhibit Jul 7, 2014 12:08 PM
More than 200 original images of early Lake Zurich are on display through August at the Ela Historical Society Museum, 95 E. Main St., Lake Zurich.
Ela Township to host electronic recycling Apr 24, 2014 2:02 PM
People looking to dispose of their old televisions, batteries, telephones and other electronic devices can do so at an electronic recycling event hosted by Ela Township from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. this Saturday at Knox Park on Route 22 in Lake Zurich.
Electronics recycling event: Apr 20, 2014 5:07 PM
The Ela Highway Department is sponsoring an electronics recycling event from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Knox Park, 1155 E. Route 22 in Lake Zurich.
Dist. 76 seeks input Feb 9, 2014 5:21 PM
Diamond Lake District 76 is seeking input on potential restructuring options being considered for Diamond Lake School from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 during a parent focus group at Fairhaven School, 634 Countryside Highway, Mundelein.
Caring in Action: CFC helps natural habitats to thrive Jan 27, 2014 6:00 AM
Saving the natural habitat in the greater Barrington area has been Citizens for Conservation's mission for more than three decades. January's Caring in action feature highlights one of the foremost conservatory organizations in the suburbs - and the large vlunteer network it has to get things done.
Trial for former Mundelein-area teacher delayed again Jan 13, 2014 11:58 AM
The trial of a Mundelein-area teacher accused of molesting a student in 2010 was again delayed in Lake County court Monday. Nicole Jacobsen, now 42, remains free on $50,000 bail after allegedly molesting a student at West Oak Middle School in Mundelein. The delay was requested to give authorities time to schedule a sex offender evaluation.
Nativity scenes on display in Lake Zurich Dec 19, 2013 11:24 PM
Around 45 Nativity scenes are on display at the Ela Historical Society and Museum in Lake Zurich. Saturday is the last chance before Christmas to see them.
Nativity scene display: Nov 25, 2013 4:55 PM
The Ela Historical Society and Museum is sponsoring a Nativity scene from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at its office, 95 E. Main St., Lake Zurich.
- Daughtry taking center stage at Naperville's Last Fling
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Bulls limit Rose to noncontact practice
- Sox share a special day with Schaumburg man
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Ron Onesti: Ya Mon! Reggae is really good stuff
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at email@example.com or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.