Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Dundee Township Park District
Dundee Township Rotary to throw special Halloween party Oct 22, 2014 1:54 PM
For the last 15 years, Dundee Township Rotary Club members have been hosting a Halloween party for disabled and terminally ill people. Many who have attended were children, but some special needs adults have also enjoyed the festivities.
FootGolf latest craze to hit suburban links Oct 18, 2014 7:38 AM
A new combination of golf and soccer -- called FootGolf -- is popping up at suburban golf courses as managers look to get more use of their facilities and attract new players. “It follows 99 percent of the rules of golf but instead of having a club and a little ball and many struggles, it’s just kicking the ball forward and aiming toward a 21-inch cup,” said Carols Stremi, founder of the Illinois FootGolf Association.
Bring your four-legged friend to Dog Days of Dundee Sep 4, 2014 1:51 PM
Dogs and cats are a part of the family, and they’re invited to a get-together in the park. Dog Days of Dundee is being held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at Randall Oaks Park, 1180 N. Randall Road, West Dundee. Admission is free.
Dundee Twp. Park District to host art show Aug 21, 2014 12:34 PM
The Dundee Township Park District invites the community to attend its Fall Art Show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, and Sunday, Sept. 7, in the Senior Center wing at the Rakow Center in Carpentersville.
Repairs planned for West Dundee fountain Jul 16, 2014 3:08 PM
The fountain in West Dundee’s Grafelman Park will flow again. Village officials do not know when, but they hope it will be before Heritage Fest in September.
Bonnie Dundee Golf Club brings new hybrid sport of FootGolf to Fox Valley Jun 27, 2014 8:24 AM
Switch out a golf ball for a soccer ball and replace a golf club with your foot, and you get FootGolf, a growing international sport making an appearance in various parts of the country, including in Illinois. The most recent course has opened at Bonnie Dundee Golf Club in Carpentersville.
Dundee Township opens summer Concerts in the Park June 13 with Heart tribute band Jun 11, 2014 3:46 PM
The Dundee Township Park District will host Concerts in the Park from 7 to 8:30 p.m. On June 13, Heartless will perform at Grafelman Park, Fourth and Main streets in West Dundee.
Basketball tournament raising money for St. Jude Jun 9, 2014 4:32 PM
The fourth annual Jamie Wise and Sean Toedman Memorial 3-on-3 memorial basketball tournament, raffle and concert honors two young people from the Fox Valley who had cancer and have since passed away.
Hampshire couple says thank you to the community Jun 4, 2014 3:27 PM
Bob and Gina Pearson of Hampshire would like to thank the community for its support after Bob was injured in an automobile accident.
Register now for ‘Donuts for Dad’ 5K, kids fun run May 15, 2014 2:19 PM
There is nothing like a little exercise to begin your day and Sundays are no exception. With that in mind, the Dundee Township Park District is again hosting a 5K Race on Sunday, June 8. The "Donuts for Dad" 5K Run will begin at 8 a.m. and costs $20 to pre-register or $25 the day of the race.
Returning summer employees leave few openings in Dundee Township Apr 2, 2014 7:01 AM
Dundee Township’s summer employment picture will not change much from last year. The park district, the township’s largest summer employer, will hire a few more people, but many who worked at its swimming pools and on its golf courses last year will return.
Mentalist to perform March 7 at Rakow Center Mar 6, 2014 9:26 PM
The Dundee Township Park District is presenting "The Mentalist" on Friday, March 7, from 7 – 8 p.m. at the Rakow Center in the Senior Center wing, 665 Barrington Ave, Carpentersville.
Preschool registration on for Dundee Township residents Mar 1, 2014 10:57 AM
Preschool registration for Dundee Township residents continues. Both two- and three-day per week classes are available at four different preschool locations in West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow and Carpentersville.
Dundee Township residents welcome to enroll kids in preschools Feb 11, 2014 3:58 PM
Preschool registration for Dundee Township residents begins Saturday, Feb. 15, from 9 a.m. to noon at both the Rakow Center, 665 Barrington Ave., Carpentersville and Randall Oaks Recreation Center, 500 N. Randall Road, West Dundee. Both two- and three-day per week classes are available at four different preschool locations in West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow and Carpentersville.
Christmas trees become wood chips in Dundee Township Jan 9, 2014 11:44 AM
Even before the holidays, Larry Braasch can usually tell which type of Christmas tree is popular: artificial or fresh cut. “When the weather in the weeks leading to Christmas is mild and dry, people buy fresh-cut trees,” Braasch said. “When they are cold, snowy, or wet, people put up artificial trees. They don’t want to mess around with the cold.”
Peacock dies after cold weather exposure Jan 8, 2014 9:31 PM
A peacock that survived a dramatic rescue in subzero degree weather after it fled a West Dundee zoo Tuesday has died, an official confirmed Wednesday. Blue the peacock passed away overnight, likely from fluid that built up in his lungs from being outside too long. “It’s unfortunate that it happened, but these are the harsh realities of what this kind of weather can do,” said Tom Mammoser, executive director of the Dundee Township Park District.
‘Captivating Chemistry Show’ in Carpentersville offers slimy, foaming experiments Dec 27, 2013 1:44 PM
Tired of being cooped up in the house? The Dundee Township Park District is presenting some great family entertainment from 7 to 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at the Rakow Center in Carpentersville. Be amazed at the “Captivating Chemistry Show” as chemical compounds are combined to produce light, color changes, big balls of slime, towers of foam, and even small explosions.
Lots of Halloween events coming up to keep you busy Oct 23, 2013 1:48 PM
Halloween is almost here and in case you don’t have plans elsewhere, and there are several related activities going on in the community this weekend. First up is the Dundee Township Park District, which is holding Hallow-Palooza from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at the Rakow Center, 665 Barrington Avenue in Carpentersville.
District 300 to celebrate its diversity this weekend Oct 18, 2013 12:23 AM
Community Unit District 300 parents, students and officials invite everyone celebrate its rainbow of diversity at its D300 Multicultural Festival from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee.
Were YWCA Elgin kids racially profiled? Sep 7, 2013 10:42 AM
The YWCA Elgin prides itself on fighting racism and says a group of about 30 of its black teens were the victims of racial profiling during an August field trip to the Dolphin Cove Aquatic Center in Carpentersville. Meanwhile, the Dundee Township Park District's executive director says staff targeted the kids for breaking the rules, not for being black.
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Spellman's Scorecard: Maddon will be a real treat
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.