Activate Your Free
Articles filed under DuPage County Forest Preserve District
Redick picked to fill forest preserve vacancy Dec 5, 2014 4:33 PM
A former DuPage County Board member who sits on the Illinois tollway board has been nominated to fill a vacancy on the DuPage forest preserve commission. Forest preserve President Joseph Cantore wants Jeffrey Redick to take his former seat on the commission. The board is expected to vote on Redick’s appointment during a specially called commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning. “I’m honored that President Cantore considered me for this position,” Redick said Friday.
Pierotti reflects on 20 years as DuPage forest preserve president Dec 4, 2014 9:50 AM
Through a period of dramatic change for the DuPage County Forest Preserve District, the one constant was D. "Dewey" Pierotti. The 80-year-old Addison resident served for two decades as president of the forest preserve commission. The Pierotti era at the forest preserve officially came to an end on Dec. 1 when the former attorney began his retirement from public life.
DuPage forest preserve hires former chief judge Dec 2, 2014 4:14 PM
Former DuPage County judge John T. Elsner says he retired from the bench for the chance to represent the DuPage County Forest Preserve District. On Tuesday, forest preserve commissioners unanimously approved the appointment of Elsner as the head counsel for the district. Elsner, who until this week served as chief judge of the 18th Judicial Circuit, was nominated for the job by forest preserve commission President Joe Cantore. “The forest preserve is moving in a different direction,” Cantore said. “He (Elsner) is going to assist us in moving in that direction.”
DuPage elected officials sworn in Dec 1, 2014 10:08 PM
DuPage County Board Chairman Dan Cronin kicked off his second term on Monday night while a new era began at the DuPage County Forest Preserve District. Cronin was sworn in during an inauguration ceremony in Wheaton that included him talking about what lies ahead for county government. “Taxpayers can be certain that we will continue to be a model for good government in Illinois and demonstrate what thoughtful and purposeful leadership is all about,” Cronin said to the audience.
Former DuPage County judge may represent forest preserve Dec 1, 2014 1:27 PM
A newly retired DuPage County judge is poised to become the attorney for the DuPage County Forest Preserve District.
Ex-DuPage County forest boss lands job in Ohio Nov 28, 2014 10:36 AM
After being forced out as executive director of the DuPage County Forest Preserve District, Arnie Biondo has a new job in another state. Meanwhile, forest preserve officials are acknowledging the district spent about $303,000 to allow Biondo to retire early. That’s roughly $43,000 more than it would have cost the district had he been terminated without cause.
The Soapbox Nov 22, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors give their views on topics including generous hockey players, a new dog park and a remorseful elected official.
DuPage forest preserve to cut 8 administrative jobs Nov 19, 2014 5:30 AM
Eight administrative posts will be eliminated as part of a restructuring plan at the DuPage Forest Preserve District that’s projected to save about $1.5 million a year. Forest preserve commissioners Tuesday approved an organizational chart that will be implemented over the next three months. They say the changes will increase efficiency and reduce costs. “It’s a complete reorganization,” commission President D. “Dewey” Pierotti said. “It’s going to streamline the total operation of the forest preserve.”
DuPage forest preserve may open dog park near Darien Nov 18, 2014 7:06 PM
Dog owners in the southeast corner of DuPage County someday could be playing with their four-legged friends in a dog park that’s closer to home. DuPage County Forest Preserve commissioners are considering a proposal to construct an off-leash dog park in Oldfield Oaks Forest Preserve near Darien.
DuPage using DNA testing to save Blanding’s turtles Nov 17, 2014 4:18 PM
The DuPage County Forest Preserve District is using DNA testing to help its effort to save the endangerd Blanding's turtles.
DuPage culling nearly 400 deer from its preserves Nov 16, 2014 5:58 AM
Federal sharpshooters are in the process of culling nearly 400 deer as part of the DuPage County Forest Preserve District’s annual deer management program. The district has received permits from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources to remove 395 deer from 23 forest preserves throughout the county. This year’s removal effort started Nov. 3.
The Soapbox Nov 15, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors sound off on a number of suburban topics, including prep football playoffs, a new village manager and Tammy Duckworth's political future.
Did forest preserve commission jump gun in dumping director? Nov 14, 2014 5:30 AM
DuPage County Forest Preserve officials may have jumped the gun when they ousted former executive director Arnie Biondo. At least two commissioners said Biondo was given a letter in early August effectively ending his brief tenure without waiting for the entire commission to authorize it. “The letter was given to Arnie without the commission having any opinion one way or the other about the letter,” Commissioner Mary Lou Wehrli said. “It should not have been delivered.”
DuPage forest preserve releases director’s termination letter Nov 10, 2014 4:57 PM
DuPage County Forest Preserve commissioners unanimously agreed that former executive director Arnie Biondo’s management style wasn’t a good fit for the district and had no chance of becoming one, according to the termination letter they sent him in early August and finally have made public. Commissioners wanted to keep the Aug. 4 letter that ended Biondo’s brief tenure secret but released it last week.
The Soapbox Nov 8, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors offer thoughts on a variety of suburban topics, including teen volunteers, postelection commentary and a very special Christmas tree-to-be.
DuPage forest preserve director search back to square one Nov 7, 2014 4:41 PM
DuPage Forest Preserve District commissioners once again find themselves without an executive director and with no immediate plans to find one. John Lapinski, who was named to the post in August, then officially hired two more times to replace the ousted Arnie Biondo, said he will not take the job because he's dealing with a serious medical issue.
DuPage’s political pendulum swings in favor of the GOP Nov 5, 2014 7:57 PM
DuPage County reclaimed its role as a Republican stronghold in Tuesday’s election — just two years after Democrats appeared to be making significant inroads. In 2012, DuPage voters supported President Barack Obama and elected a handful of local Democrats, leading some to believe the county’s political base was shifting. That shift came to a halt — at least for now — on Tuesday when Republican Bruce Rauner received nearly 61 percent of the DuPage vote en route to his victory over Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn.
Republicans appear to sweep DuPage Forest Preserve commission Nov 4, 2014 11:26 PM
The DuPage County Forest Preserve Commission’s lone Democrat lasted only two years in office before being ousted Tuesday night. Unofficial vote totals show District 6 Commissioner Shannon Burns, a West Chicago Democrat, being unseated by local business owner Al Murphy, also of West Chicago, in a rematch from 2012.
Protecting the DuPage prairie for our feathered friends Nov 1, 2014 7:42 PM
Joe Suchecki is an avid birder, the type of guy who always keeps his binoculars at the ready and who doesn’t hesitate to spend a few hours traipsing through a forest preserve or two with his eyes turned toward the sky. One of the paces that fascinates him most is Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve in Naperville, a vast 1,829-acre site with grasslands and wetlands that lure a huge variety of birds — some quite rare in Illinois — that need just such as environment to nest.
Housing plan for Naperville golf course rejected over flooding concerns Nov 1, 2014 7:45 PM
A proposed subdivision in northwest Naperville has raised concerns among neighbors about flooding. Residents near Country Lakes Golf Course, where Pulte Home Corp. has proposed to build the 327-home Atwater subdivision, say they already struggle with flooding. “The reason we were all protesting it mostly was stormwater,” nearby resident Pamela Peterson said.
- 1 dead in apartment building fire in Rolling Meadows
- Fowler ready to be Cubs' leading man
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- You could win DeLorean if Cubs win World Series
- District 211 hopefuls talk finances, staff oversight
- Stabbing victim testifies to drinking, not recalling much
- Schaumburg man charged with selling meth
- Dawn Patrol: Rolling Meadows fire kills 1; stabbing victim testifies
- Carnival worker found not guilty of Carpentersville rape
- Bulls' Noah continues his anti-violence initiative
- Dineen out as Stevenson girls basketball coach
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- Witness regrets not reporting knife in Naperville bar
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing sister
- Centers of attention: Bowman boosts Hawks in middle
- Prosecutors: 'Marry me' text prompted Geneva murder
- Fremd team sent off in style to state semifinal
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- St. Viator holds off Prospect
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- More students receiving special-ed services
- District 211 hopefuls talk finances, staff oversight
- Local officials sound off on Rauner's proposed cuts
- Lawmaker wants harsher penalties for scofflaw truckers
- State should opt out of PARCC testing
- Lake Zurich officials approve casino cafe
- LeGere: Could be time to move on for some Bears
- Constable: 3 years in Schaumburg hotel, book emerges
- ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our top sales associates made over $100,000 last yr. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Monday, March 2nd 2015 3pm to 7pm INTERVIEWS HELD AT: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd -At the corner of Golf & Plum Grove Rd in Schaumburg -Across from Schaumburg Honda Automobiles No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4399750) INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE - Complete cycle counting and reconciliation activities on schedule. Complete inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain accurate inventory. Investigate and resolve piece part count discrepancies on jobs. May complete additional tasks such as parts picking, issuing, material transport, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed. Completes work on schedule and at required quality levels. Work closely and effectively with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire operation. Reports component, process, and-or product problems to Supervisor. Follows defined quality system documentation as required by ISO. Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Works with minimal supervision on assigned tasks. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Education-Experience-Qualifications: Minimum of 1 yr. experience in inventory control and warehouse environment a plus. Excellent attention to detail. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to work with very small components email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399062)
- ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399450) EQUIPTMENT TECHNICIAN - Equipment Technician Full Time w/full Benefits Bartlett Park District Visit bartlettparks.org. (id:4399557) PARALEGAL - Corporate, Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Paralegal Exp'd paralegal needed im- mediately for Wheaton law firm. email@example.com Incl. Paralegal Candidate on subj line (id:4399493)
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL COMPANY CDL A DRIVERS You Are Very Important To us! We want you to be very Well Compensated with Daily Home Time, be Home Weekends and have excellent benefits with a 401K! Plus we will provide you with a $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. CDN Logistics, 317 W Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4399772) CDL CLASS A DRIVER - All local Home for dinner every night Hourly Pay, no nights no weekends. Contact Paul at 773-378-1267 (id:4399771) MAINTENANCE - MAINTENANCE PERSON 80 Unit Apt Complex, Geneva, IL. Exp. required. Douglas Realty & Management, Ltd. Please email resumes to: email@example.com (id:4399606)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.