Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Diamond Lake District 76
Former Lake County teacher admits molesting 14-year-old student Sep 17, 2014 2:16 PM
A former Lake County teacher faces up to three years in prison after pleading guilty Wednesday to molesting a 14-year-old student in 2010. Nicole Jacobsen, 43, of Barrington, admitted guilt to a charge of criminal sex abuse stemming from allegations that surfaced while she was a teacher in Mundelein-based Diamond Lake Elementary District 76.
District 76 school board opening: Sep 5, 2014 4:45 PM
Diamond Lake District 76 is looking for candidates to fill a vacancy on the school board with the recent resignation of Tania Rodriguez due to a change in residency.
Former District 76 teacher accused of abusing student told to take plea deal or go to trial Aug 25, 2014 1:07 PM
Lake County prosecutors told a former Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 teacher she has until Sept. 17 to accept a plea deal for molesting a student in 2010 or her case will go to trial. The ultimatum came Monday after the trial of former West Oak Middle School teacher Nicole R. Jacobsen, now 43, of Barrington, was delayed again. The trial has been delayed multiple times since she was charged four years ago.
Closing one of three schools is an option in District 76 building study Jul 14, 2014 6:25 PM
Mundelein-based Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 is seeking public interest in a visioning committee to create an overall building plan for its three schools to provide an "optimum learning environment." Closing Fairhaven School is a possibility.
Volunteer work day at District 76 schools May 4, 2014 1:01 AM
Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 partnered with Medline Industries on Saturday for projects at two Mundelein-area schools. Volunteers worked on baseball fields, indoor and outdoor painting projects, mural designs, remodeling, planting, landscaping and cleaning.
Recognition ceremony, luncheon honor Mundelein-area eighth grade students hard work Apr 25, 2014 8:22 PM
Eighth-grade students from Carl Sandburg, Fremont and West Oak middle schools were honored for their hard work Friday. Lake County circuit court Judge Daniel B. Shanes and Mundelein Police Chief Eric Guenther recognized the students for academic achievement and/or behavioral improvements for this school year.
Spelling Bee winner: Mar 21, 2014 6:55 PM
Adam Kastler, an eighth grade student at West Oak Middle School in Diamond Lake Elementary District 76, was the winner of the Lake County Final Spelling Bee Competition, the Lake County Regional Office of Education announced in a news release Friday.
Mundelein Mayor Steve Lentz launches math contest Mar 6, 2014 2:09 PM
More than 100 Mundelein-area students will compete in the first Mayor's Cup Math Challenge on Sunday at Mundelein High School. Mayor Steve Lentz came up with the idea because he thought a math contest would inspire kids to compete and bring attention to the growing educational focus on science, technology, engineering and math.
Students, teachers to face new challenges in District 76 Feb 26, 2014 5:30 PM
Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 will restructure how information is delivered to students in order to raise achievement. “The amount of change required is tremendous," school board President Lisa Yaffe said.
Dist. 76 seeks input Feb 9, 2014 5:21 PM
Diamond Lake District 76 is seeking input on potential restructuring options being considered for Diamond Lake School from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 during a parent focus group at Fairhaven School, 634 Countryside Highway, Mundelein.
Trial for former Mundelein-area teacher delayed again Jan 13, 2014 11:58 AM
The trial of a Mundelein-area teacher accused of molesting a student in 2010 was again delayed in Lake County court Monday. Nicole Jacobsen, now 42, remains free on $50,000 bail after allegedly molesting a student at West Oak Middle School in Mundelein. The delay was requested to give authorities time to schedule a sex offender evaluation.
Mundelein teacher could get plea deal in 2010 molestation case Oct 23, 2013 9:57 PM
The three-year-old case against a former West Oak Middle School teacher accused of molesting a 14-year-old student may be close to wrapping up, attorneys said Wednesday. A negotiated plea deal is expected to be presented to Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti by Dec. 6, in the case against former teacher Nicole Jacobsen, 42, who is charged with molesting the student in a classroom following a middle school volleyball game in May 2010, attorneys said.
West Oak Middle School band director up for Grammy Foundation award Jun 3, 2013 2:08 PM
John Harshey is in his 27th year as band director at West Oak Middle School in Mundelein. While there has been plenty of state recognition for the program, Harshey also has been selected as a quarterfinalist for the music educator award, a new recognition presented by the GRAMMY Foundation and The Recording Academy.
All life evolved from a universal common ancestor Apr 15, 2013 11:33 AM
"How did people and animals come to exist?" asked Katherine Crawford's fifth-grade students at West Oak Middle School in Mundelein.
Plummer, 2 incumbents win in Dist. 76 Apr 9, 2013 9:34 PM
Diamond Lake School District 76 voters on Tuesday selected a mix of experience to represent them on the school board. Incumbents Keith Loeffler and Laura Vogt and newcomer Adam B. Plummer won 4-year terms on the board, according to Lake County clerk’s office.
Endorsements: Loeffler, Plummer, Vogt for Diamond Lake District 76 board Mar 18, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endoses Keith Loeffler, Adam Plummer and Laura Vogt for the Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 Board of Education.
Diamond Lake D76 candidates share improvement proposals during interviews Feb 22, 2013 9:10 PM
Candidates for the Diamond Lake Elementary District 76 school board shared ideas for a local marketing plan, stressed the need for improved staff evaluations, proposed a senior-citizen outreach effort and suggested offering more foreign language choices to students.
Mundelein High hosts concert Feb 20, 2013 3:53 PM
Back from their recent wins in regional competitions, the three Mundelein High School show choirs will join the four concert choirs in a Winter Concert slated for Thursday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m. in the MHS Auditorium.
The Milky Way is just one of many galaxies Feb 18, 2013 11:51 AM
A student in Katherine Crawford's fifth-grade class at West Oak Middle School in Mundelein asked, "How are other galaxies discovered?"
Adam Plummer: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:22 PM
Candidate information for Adam Plummer, running for Diamond Lake District 76 School Board (4-year Terms)
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Schofield, Carmel return to form against Palatine
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.