Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Bloomingdale
Santa’s in town — already! Nov 6, 2014 9:34 PM
One down, lots of Santas to come. As the big man settled down Thursday for the holiday season at Woodfield in Schaumburg, many other shopping centers in the area are preparing for their own Santas. Want to know when Santa is coming to a mall near you? Read on.
Friendship Village has received the Village of Schaumburg’s Most Improved Landscaping /Residential Award Nov 4, 2014 11:37 AM
Friendship Village has received the Village of Schaumburg’s Most Improved Landscaping /Residential Award
DuPage voters to decide long list of referendum questions Nov 3, 2014 8:32 AM
DuPage County voters on Tuesday will weigh in on more than two dozen referendum questions dealing with topics ranging from a proposed indoor aquatic center in Glen Ellyn to road repairs in Villa Park. Here is a look at some of the biggest questions on the general election ballots.
Hair Cuttery’s Share-a-Haircut program to benefit veterans Nov 3, 2014 9:49 PM
This Veterans Day, Hair Cuttery, the largest family-owned and operated chain of hair salons in the country, is giving back to former service men and women through its Share-a-Haircut program.
Classic Cinemas to honor veterans with free movie Nov. 11 Nov 3, 2014 4:02 PM
Classic Cinemas will honor the nation's military veterans by inviting them to a free movie on Veterans Day on Tuesday, Nov. 11. The offer is open to all veterans who have served in any branch of the military. Veterans are asked to present their military IDs at the theater of their choice.
Team Toma cheers on ‘Biggest Loser’ contestant at Addison Trail Nov 3, 2014 9:42 AM
About 100 people gathered at Addison Trail High School Oct. 23 to show their support for "The Biggest Loser" contestant Toma Dobrosevljevic, of Bloomingdale.
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
Marcel’s Culinary Experience, Glen Ellyn, Announces New Gift Boxes, Private/Corporate Event Options Oct 31, 2014 4:52 PM
Marcel’s Culinary Experience (www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retail store and recreational cooking school in downtown Glen Ellyn, is gearing up for the year-end holidays with new gift boxes and private event options. “With the improving economy, our customers are getting into holiday mode earlier this year. Many weekend evenings already are booked with corporate and family holiday parties, and we’ve been getting inquiries about gift baskets and boxes for a while,” says Marcel’s Proprietor Jill Foucré. With gift giving and entertaining in mind, Marcel’s staff has assembled six collections of small-batch specialty foods, starting at $75, that come attractively packaged in a Marcel’s branded box for pick up at the store or shipment anywhere in North America. Themes include Taste of Italy, Party Starter and Marcel’s Favorites (as selected by the staff). Many items are made by Chicago area and regional purveyors. “We also can create custom-designed gift baskets or boxes, based on a customer’s preferred theme and budget, and we can even include a bottle of wine,” says Foucré. She encourages individuals and corporate event planners looking to create fun, food-oriented holiday parties, private group classes and other special events to contact her soon, especially if they have a specific date in mind. “Weekends are booking up quickly, as is the entire month of December,” she says. Since its September 2011 opening, Marcel’s has been the site of an increasing number of private events, including birthday and anniversary parties, baby and bridal showers, club meetings, corporate team-building outings, and company celebrations of all types. With its beautifully appointed, professional quality kitchen, skilled chefs, and wide choice of menus, Marcel’s lends itself to a variety of event themes and formats. Options range from cocktail parties to demonstration and participatory cooking classes for all skill levels (including kids and teens) to seated meals and everything in between. “Guests can create an unforgettable meal under the guidance of one of our professional chefs, or they can sit back, relax, savor a glass of wine and watch as our chef takes the reins on their culinary journey,” says Foucré. The Marcel’s staff works with each host to tailor the menu, beverages and guest participation levels according to the specific budget. Events typically range from 10 to 60 people, depending on format and events for smaller groups are available as well. In addition to food and beverages prepared and served at each event, guests receive copies of the featured recipes, a Marcel’s apron, and a 10% discount on all purchases made at Marcel’s that day. For more information about gift boxes or hosting a party or other event at Marcel’s Culinary Experience, stop by the store at 490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn, call 630-790-8500 or visit www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.
West Nile virus risk project results to be revealed at public meeting Oct 31, 2014 6:23 PM
The DuPage County Health Department will host a public meeting on Thursday, Nov. 6, 2014 from 1 to 1:45 p.m. to provide research results regarding West Nile virus risk in DuPage County and the model developed to improve the health risk assessment process.
Handel’s Messiah Performance Continues His Tradition of Charity Oct 31, 2014 4:43 PM
Elmhurst Choral Union and Orchestra perform the Christmas classic, Handel’s Messiah on Sunday, December 14 at 3:00 p.m. in Hammerschmidt Chapel on the campus of Elmhurst College. In the spirit of performances from Handel’s lifetime, the concert benefits local children. A portion of ticket sales goes to ChildServ, a Chicagoland charity. ChildServ serves more than 2,600 children and their families each year in DuPage, Kane, Lake, and Cook Counties. Their 11 sites include a Chicago location focusing on foster care, early childhood education and family counseling, and group homes in Naperville, Downers Grove, Lisle, and Wheaton which house previously abused or neglected children. “We are happy to partner with ChildServ and, like Handel did, let music make a difference for kids in need,” said James MacDonald, Elmhurst Choral Union’s conductor. The concert also includes “Foundling Hospital Anthem”, written by Handel for a London orphanage where many early benefit performances of Messiah had taken place. Guest soloists Kimberly Eileen Jones; Sarah Holman, Cornelius Johnson, and Scott Uddenberg join ECU and a professional orchestra under the direction of James MacDonald. Tickets are $25 for adults, $23 for seniors and $10 for youth (ages 7-22). To order tickets, visit elmhurstchoralunion.org or call 800-838-3006. Complimentary shuttle bus service from the college parking lot on Alexander Boulevard will be available. Elmhurst Choral Union is an auditioned volunteer choir, performing choral masterworks of all eras. The concert is funded in part by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Attorney concerned with safety of woman who slashed daughter’s throat Oct 30, 2014 1:16 PM
Attorneys for a woman who slashed her 4-year-old daughter’s throat in 2010 in Bloomingdale say the woman is now lucid and being mistreated at the secure mental health facility where she is committed.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
DuPage candidates strongly differ on stormwater fee Oct 27, 2014 3:05 PM
A state law that gave DuPage County the ability to impose a stormwater utility fee continues to divide county board candidates. District 4 county board incumbent Grant Eckhoff says he would support adopting the fee as a way to pay for flood relief projects throughout DuPage. But Jeremy Custer, Eckhoff’s challenger in the Nov. 4 election, is opposed to the fee.
Bloomingdale teen sentenced for summer 2013 'crime wave' Oct 24, 2014 11:40 PM
The first member of what DuPage County Judge John Kinsella called a “two-man crime wave” that preyed on suburban businesses last summer, is headed to prison. Nicholas Panoski, 19, of the 200 block of Oakwood Lane, in Bloomingdale pleaded guilty late last month to two counts of burglary and was sentenced Friday to four years in prison, followed by four years of probation. "This defendant is a budding criminal mind beginning to bloom,” said Assistant State's Attorney Nicole Wilkes-English.
DuPage County Board mourns death of member J.R. McBride Oct 24, 2014 9:21 PM
The life of the DuPage County Board has passed away. J.R. McBride, who represented county board District 4, died early Friday morning at his Glen Ellyn home after a long battle with cancer. He was 47. On Friday, friends used words like “funny,” “smart,” and “gregarious” to describe McBride, an insurance broker who had served on the county board since 2006.
DuPage forest preserve candidates differ over taxes Oct 24, 2014 8:01 PM
Two DuPage County Forest Preserve candidates disagree about what should happen to millions of dollars in property tax revenue after the district is done repaying part of its debt.
#TeamToma plans 'Biggest Loser' event in Addison Oct 22, 2014 10:39 AM
More than 100 people who support this season's “The Biggest Loser” contestant Toma Dobrosavljevic will gather at Addison Trail High School Thursday night for a group photo followed by a viewing of the NBC weight loss competition show. Dobrosavljevic, 33, a former Addison Trail athlete who now lives in Bloomingdale, has developed a cult following since first appearing on the show last month. His fans call themselves #TeamToma
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Uber backlash brings privacy concerns to light
- Review: Apple's iOS 8 provides a smarter type
- Just Mayo dispute is just one of Unilever's challenges
- Porn buyers get Spanish Shakespeare as theater protests tax rate
- Snow, gusty winds expected to hit region Monday
- Work Advice: Is it fair to force vacation in winter?
- 'Miss Muffet' strikes back against eight-legged pests
- Rosary reclaims elite status
- AUTO - AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTS WE OFFER AN OUTSTANDING PAY PLAN! This is an opportunity to work for an established and growing company that is on the cutting edge of the modern automotive industry Pre-Own- ed of St. Charles, located in West Chicago is an employee- centered business with unlimited room for advancement! Auto sales is one of most financially rewarding professions available without a lengthy education! Pre-Owned of St. Charles is seeking bright, motivated, driven Sales Professionals to sell new and pre-owned vehicles! RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: -Determine each customer's vehicle needs and wants by asking questions and listening. -Demonstrate vehicles including test drives. -Maintain a prospect development system. -Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. -Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep informed of technological changes in the products. -Bi-lingual a plus!! English/Spanish -Must have valid Drivers License Candidates with previous automotive sales experience are preferred. Great benefits including: -Medical, dental & 401K! -A friendly, comfortable work environment! -A work environment that encourages you to rise to your full potential! -Opportunities to advance within the company! -To be customer service oriented! -To expect more than just a paycheck -No Sundays APPLY IN PERSON AT: PRE-OWNED OF ST. CHARLES 27W261 North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 Ask for Dino (id:4390308) OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER - Real Estate OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER Round Lake Beach 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. To consult with members and non-members to find the best solutions to their mort-gage lending needs. Take applications for residential real estate loans. Evaluate the information for qualifying the applicant for the loan amount and program they are requesting. Participates in developing outside/external sources for real estate lending opportunities and expanding the Credit Union's membership base. 100% Commission Based. Resume to Fax: 847-265-5080; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please. EOE (id:4391813) QUALITY ENGINEER?MANAGER - QUALITY (All Shifts) -Engineer/Manager -Inspectors/First Article Techs High precision inj. molding Elgin, Health & 401k. Email: email@example.com (id:4391864)
- AUTO BODY PAINTER - Auto body painter, full time, must have experience / attention to detail Wauconda 847-487-9055 (id:4391764) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4391497) PRODUCTION WORKER - Production Worker-To $11/hr ALL Shifts in Lincolnwood! Must have own transportation /pass E-verify. 773-205-1555 (id:4391249)
- SET-UP TECHNICIANS - PLASTICS PROCESS/ SET-UP TECHS All Shifts high precision inj. Molding. Elgin, Health & 401k. Email: email@example.com (id:4391863) TRADING SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Algorithmic Trading Software Developer-Chicago, IL. Stat arbitrage & mkt making in U.S. equities & commodities futures mkts. Engage in quantitative research to uncover signals which consistently predict price movements. Utilize linear & non-linear models, Bayseian estimation techniques, time series analysis, numerical optimization, & portfolio construction using mean-variance optimization. Dvlp strategies & back test using Monte Carlo & Cross Validation. Dvlp code in C++, Java, & R. Reqts: Master's or equiv in Eng'g, CS, Technology, or rel. field, & 3 yrs work exp in position offered or rel., incl 3 yrs exp w/: Stat Arbitrage strategies in U.S. equities; Automated Mkt Making w/ U.S. equities; Quantitative research geared towards dvlpg mkt making & Stat Arbitrage; & Quantitative research using R, KDB & Java. Pls send resume to Summit Securities Group, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391308) CARPET CLEANING - Carpet/Flood Exp'd Technican. Fax: 847-428-2121 or Email: email@example.com (id:4391421)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.