Articles filed under Benedictine University
COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degreeMay 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Nine students will walk across the stage Sunday at Lewis University's commencement ceremony to receive bachelor's degrees in criminal justice. Yet, these students never took classes at the school's campus in Romeoville. Through a so-called 3+1 program partnership between Lewis and College of DuPage, the students earned their four-year degrees from Lewis by taking all their classes at COD's campus in Glen Ellyn.
Knee injury sidelines Red Stars’ Boxx Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Shannon Boxx, U.S. Women's National Team and Chicago Red Stars midfielder, will undergo an exploratory arthroscopic surgery on her right knee today, according to team officials.
Benedictine, Morton offer joint nursing degree Apr 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Benedictine University and Morton College have announced the details of a new bachelor of science in nursing 3+1 program open to Morton students and alumni who have earned an associate of applied science degree in nursing.
Lisle lands pro women’s soccer teamApr 5, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Red Stars will play their 2013 home matches at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex during their inaugural season of the National Women's Soccer League.
Red Stars roll in exhibition victory Mar 28, 2013 12:00 AM
AUSTIN, Texas — The Red Stars, in Texas for a week of preseason training, defeated St. Edward's University 8-0 in an exhibition match Wednesday with Jessica McDonald scoring four goals in the second half.
Red Stars set 25-player NWSL roster Mar 19, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Red Stars have set their 25-player roster for the 2013 National Women's Soccer League season. The club, which opens regular-season play April 14 against Seattle Reign FC at the Benedictine Sports Complex in Lisle, completed its roster with the signings of Lydia Vandenbergh, a discovery player selection, and Rachel Quon, the team's first pick in the second round of the inaugural NWSL College Draft.
Student’s diverse interests create unique college experience Feb 19, 2013 12:00 AM
As a student at Benedictine University, Parth Bhansali is anything but average.Since coming to the university as a freshman in 2009, the health science major from Bartlett not only has excelled in his studies, he has pushed the boundaries of what an undergraduate college experience should look like.
‘Idol’ winner brings ‘Home’ to Benedictine University Feb 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Music fans looking to put a face with the guy responsible for one of most popular songs of the past year can see him up close this spring at Benedictine University in Lisle. National recording artist and “American Idol” season 11 winner HYPERLINK "http://www.phillipphillips.com/flyaway/"Phillip Phillips will take the stage April 13 at “BenBash 2013” in the university’s Dan and Ada Rice Center.
Red Stars add 3 players to NWSL roster Feb 5, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Red Stars have added three more free agents for the upcoming NWSL season. Former Olympic team captain Lori Chalupny, Taryn Hemmings, and Ella Masar will join the women's pro soccer club, which signed Olympic veteran Leslie Osborne last week.
College of DuPage moving on in numbers Feb 5, 2013 12:00 AM
The NCAA begins its football signing period Wednesday, and more than two dozen College of DuPage players will be signing.
Event helps veterans navigate post-military life Jan 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Are you a veteran looking for a job, considering going to school on a military grant, taking out a home loan or needing to apply for health care benefits but are having trouble figuring out where to start or how to get through all the paperwork?
New look for women’s soccer league Dec 17, 2012 12:00 AM
It will be called the National Women's Soccer League, and the U.S. Soccer Federation will help finance and direct the eight-team league, which will include the Chicago Red Stars franchise. The USSF unveil its new logo and the name of the league Saturday night as the women's national team wrapped up its season with a closing victory over China. The NWSL will start play next spring and replaces the Women's Professional Soccer league, which folded in May after three seasons. Its predecessor, Women's United Soccer Association, lasted only three seasons, from 2001-03.
Benedictine focused on education, not profit Oct 13, 2012 12:00 AM
Benedictine University President William J. Carroll recently found himself serving on a panel and fielding questions from potential investors looking to profit from online education. The experience started him thinking about the differences between traditional universities and for-profit education companies and the future for both models.
Wheaton stifles Benedictine under the lights Aug 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Wheaton College running back Peter Jarrett saw enough of the Thunder defense Thursday night to know how to describe his friends on the other side of the ball: "stifling," he said. The offense couldn't be stifled when it took the field also in a 48-7 nonconference victory against visiting Benedictine in the team's season opener.
All-American Rejects, Neon Trees coming to Benedictine Aug 23, 2012 12:00 AM
Benedictine University's annual BenFest will feature the synth-pop alternative group Neon Trees and rockers The All-American Rejects at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex on Saturday. And before they hit the suburbs, members from both groups share details about what the crowds can look forward to at the show.
Neon Trees to perform at Benedictine University in Lisle Aug 21, 2012 12:00 AM
"As the music gets out into homes and into people's businesses, it does surprise you who is on the other side of the radio," says Branden Campbell, bass player for Neon Trees.
All-American Rejects bring evolving sound to Benedictine Aug 21, 2012 12:00 AM
"With each record ... we try to make it more independent of the previous," Mike Kennerty of the All-American Rejects says. "We take a lot of time between albums. When we tour, we tour. So when we come back we are different people at that point, we are at a different mindset. And then we get to the studio and we just push ourselves even further and try things we've never tried before." His band headlines BenFest on Saturday in Lisle.
Three sisters set to graduate from Benedictine May 11, 2012 12:00 AM
Patricia Jones, Prescillia Spencer and Pamela Kuykendall -- sisters, grandmothers and first-generation college students -- achieve an academic hat trick today when they all graduate from Benedictine University. Jones, of Romeoville, and Spencer, of Naperville, will graduate with associate degrees in business administration. Kuykendall, also of Naperville, received an associate degree from Benedictine in 2010; today, she'll graduate with a bachelor of arts in management.
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degree
- State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 57 position 8: Object required: 'selectSingleNode(...)'
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY - DELIVERY -Newspapers Early Mornings, Should have van or SUV. Palatine area. 847-571-3733 (id:4339735) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) BEVERAGE EQUIPMENT SERVICE SHOP - Beverage Equipment Service Shop needs labor help. Full or Part Time Abesco Inc. 2200 Stonington Ave. Suite 200 Hoffman Estates, IL. 847-884-9595 Apply in Person (id:4339414)
- POLICE OFFICER - POLICE OFFICER The Village of Mount Prospect Board of Police and Fire Commissioners will be conducting a Police Officer Examination. Preliminary application, requirements and testing information is available at: PublicSafetyRecruitment.com Call 1-800-343-HIRE with questions. APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE BY NOON CDT, JULY 3, 2013 Mandatory orientation will be held on July 31, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Testing will be held on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Starting Salary $56,115 with full benefits package EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -M/F (id:4339311) HEALTH CARE - Life Experience Coordinator The Garlands of Barrington is seeking a creative and energetic leader to transition our Memory Care unit into a dynamic, activity and ability based model of service. This position will have direct involvement with families and other departments while developing individualized plans for each member. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and implementing programs, as well as training and motivating others. A passion for dementia care is a MUST. A flexible work schedule to accommodate the needs of our members will include weekend and holiday rotation. Experience in a long term care environment as well as Supervisory experience preferred. Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423 (id:4340181) HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178)
- COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Co in Lake Zurich seeks warehouse worker. Duties incl packing orders for shipment. 401K, health ins. ind. must speak & read English. Call Herb 847-438-4556 (id:4340099) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist Glendale Hts Auto Dealer seeks part time Receptionist/ Cashier. Dealership exp. a plus. Multi-tasking and reliability a must. Responsibilities will include answering phones, cashiering and light filing. 20 -25 hours per week. Retail environment. Schedule will include some Saturday & holiday hours. Please email resume to Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340098)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com