Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Barrington Area Unit District 220
Barrington teacher marks 50 years in the classroom Jun 23, 2014 5:30 AM
Diane Kostick of Barrington is in a rare category — not only for having been in a single line of work for five decades, but doing so in a way that directly shapes the futures of many others. This summer, Kostick marks her 50th year as a teacher ... and she has no plans to stop there. “I have the best job on the planet,” she said.
Dist. 220 bids farewell to superintendent Jun 18, 2014 1:01 AM
Tom Leonard, the longtime Barrington Area Unit School District 220 superintendent, received a fond farewell from members of the district at his final school board meeting Tuesday night at Barrington High School. Board President Brian Battle said Leonard has accomplished above and beyond what is normally asked of a superintendent during his seven years on the job.
Editorial: Protecting your kids from others, themselves Jun 13, 2014 1:01 AM
A Daily Herald editorial advocates that parents become thoroughly engaged in their kids' online existences to protect them both from online dangers - and themselves.
Popular events combine for Barrington expo Jun 12, 2014 5:58 PM
The Barrington High School gymnasium will be full Saturday with about 100 exhibitors, including restaurants, businesses and school district programs, for the inaugural Barrington BizEd Community Expo. The event is the largest collaboration between the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce and Barrington Area Unit School District 220.
Barrington 5th-grader mines success with gamer novel Jun 12, 2014 6:09 AM
Most students don’t see summer break as an opportunity to work on their next novel, but Jake Mayer of Barrington is not your average 11-year-old. Jake’s first book, “A Story of Friends, Enemies and Minecraft,” has sold more than 14,000 copies on Amazon.com. “It hasn’t changed Jake at all,” his mom Kris said. “It has always just surprised him that he has fans.”
Laptops stolen from Barrington High School storage closet Jun 10, 2014 10:33 PM
Police are investigating the theft of 59 MacBook Air computers from a locked storage closet at Barrington High School.
Students and sex images Jun 9, 2014 5:30 AM
Within a month, four schools --- in Barrington, Batavia, Glen Ellyn and Wheaton --- reported instances of students sexting, looking at porn or creating obscene images. In two of the cases, students involved have been charged.
School districts take action after sexting, porn incidents Jun 9, 2014 9:30 PM
Within months, four elementary and middle schools --- in Barrington, Batavia, Glen Ellyn and Wheaton --- reported instances of students sexting, looking at porn or creating obscene images. In two of the cases, students involved have been criminally charged. The districts have responded by trying to educate students about the appropriate use of the Internet and social meda.
Barrington student video bids fond farewell to superintendent/video star Jun 5, 2014 6:32 PM
Tom Leonard, the longtime superintendent of Barrington Area Unit School District 220, received a fond farewell during his last appearance in a BHS-TV video promoted in his final e-newsletter on Thursday.
Barrington school acts after boys caught playing ‘hanging game’ Jun 4, 2014 7:31 PM
Two boys who played “the hanging game” in a bathroom at Countryside Elementary School in Barrington were spared serious harm thanks to the swift action of their peers and adults at the school Tuesday, officials said. “It wasn’t a tragedy because students alerted adults when they saw something that they saw was unsafe,” District 220 spokesman Jeff Arnett said. “The adults intervened immediately to make sure the children did not endure physical harm.”
Parents voice concerns over class size in Dist. 220 Jun 4, 2014 5:30 AM
A standing-room-only crowd attended a special meeting Tuesday night of the Barrington Area Unit School District 220 board dedicated to address parents’ concerns about large class sizes in the district’s elementary schools.
The Soapbox May 31, 2014 5:01 AM
Find out what Daily Herald editors think about some pending legislation, a superintendent shuffle and the condition of suburban roads, among other topics.
Barrington area meets new District 220 superintendent May 31, 2014 8:00 AM
Barrington Unit District 220’s newly appointed Superintendent Brian Harris wasted no time Friday getting reacquainted with the community he previously served as an assistant principal during the 1990s. Just a day after being named to succeed the departing Tom Leonard, Harris attended a breakfast for graduating Barrington High School seniors before moving on to a pair of receptions — one for district staff and the other for community leaders.
Dist. 220, teachers extend contract through 2018 May 30, 2014 1:02 PM
A deal extending the contract for teachers in the Barrington Unit School District 220 through 2018 was approved by the district board of education Thursday, one day after its ratification by the teachers union. Under the new deal, most teachers will receive an average annual raise of 2.4 percent.
Barrington District 220 gives multiyear deals to administrators May 29, 2014 6:08 PM
Eleven administrators in Barrington Unit School District 220 received multiyear performance-based contracts approved by the district’s board of education at their public meeting Thursday morning. Superintendent Tom Leonard said the 11 administrators, a group that includes school principals and high-ranking district personnel, have institutional knowledge that is valuable to the district.
Dist. 220 hires Wheaton Warrenville’s Harris as new leader May 29, 2014 6:23 PM
The Barrington Unit School District 220 school board Thursday hired Brian Harris, current superintendent of Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200, as its new superintendent. Harris will replace Superintendent Tom Leonard, who in April announced plans to resign June 30 and take over as top administrator in the Eanes Independent School District in the suburbs of Austin, Texas.
Dist. 200 superintendent’s separation agreement approved with 5-2 vote May 29, 2014 5:39 PM
Brian Harris ended his 4-year tenure as superintendent of Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 Thursday with more than four years left on a five-year contract. He's leaving to become superintendent in Barrington. “I was not expecting, at least a month and a half ago, to be sitting here today having this conversation,” he told District 200 board members. “What happens sometimes, though, is you get recruited, you get an opportunity that’s in front of you, and it was very, very difficult not to consider it.”
Barrington District 220 naming new superintendent Thursday May 28, 2014 4:47 PM
Barrington School District 220 is expected to announce its next superintendent Thursday morning at a special meeting of its board of education. The new superintendent, whose name has not yet been disclosed, replaces Superintendent Tom Leonard, who announced in April he had accepted the top job at a school district in the suburbs of Austin, Texas.
Barrington High School artists’ snow plow creations to be unveiled May 12, 2014 5:56 PM
Village snow plows painted on the theme “Environmental Preservation” will be unveiled at a luncheon Tuesday, May 18, in Barrington, celebrating National Public Works Week.
State school-funding fix aimed at disparities May 12, 2014 6:08 AM
The regional breakdown of impacts from a proposed overhaul of state school funding explains the divided and emotional reaction it has received among lawmakers and educators — and how difficult it will be to advance such a proposal during this election year.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Northwest suburban schools show growth in math
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Lake Barrington planners recommend gas station
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.