Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Arlington Heights Park District
‘EC Swims On’ honors Collins’ aquatic legacy Oct 23, 2014 9:22 PM
Faced with the task of finding a fitting way to honor Eric Collins, those closest to him dove right in. The result is called EC Swims On, a swimming meet dedicated to his memory and devoted to seeing the sport he loved continue to thrive. The event will be held Sunday at Olympic Pool, a park district facility in Arlington Heights. A lifelong swimmer and recently the coach of the Arlington Wellness Center’s Masters swim team, Collins died suddenly in April after suffering a pulmonary embolism. He was 42.
Arlington Hts. reduces hours at Heritage park center Oct 22, 2014 6:19 PM
The Arlington Heights Park District announced on Thursday that its Heritage Community Center, 506 W. Victoria Lane, will remain open to support scheduled recreation programming year-round, but with fewer hours.
Arlington Hts. park district center reopens Saturday after $6.4 million renovation Oct 9, 2014 5:23 PM
After a year of construction and $6.4 million in renovations, the new Arlington Heights Park District Camelot Park Community Center reopens on Saturday“Residents have been asking for this for a long time,” said Anita Pacheco, superintendent of marketing and communications.
Arlington Lakes path still not safe Oct 6, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Larry Powitz complains that the path around Lake Arlington still isn't safe enough for walkers and bicycles to co-exist.
Motoring at the Museum, plein air in Arlington Hts. Sep 16, 2014 2:00 PM
If you like classic cars, trucks and motorcycles (or have one) consider this Sunday's Motoring at the Museum event at the Arlington Hts. Historical Museum.
Mt. Prospect gauging interest in bike/pedestrian bridge over Northwest Highway Sep 4, 2014 5:30 AM
The village of Mount Prospect has reached out to several other local governments to see if there’s interest in building a bike/pedestrian bridge over Northwest Highway. As envisioned, the bridge would connect Melas Park, which is south of Northwest Highway, with Meadows Park on the north side.
Moms opt out of National Night Out event after rifle group plans protest Aug 5, 2014 3:54 PM
Moms Demand Action, a group advocating gun control, has withdrawn its application to appear at Tuesday night's National Night Out in Arlington Heights after the Illinois State Rifle Association asked its members to attend and protest the event. The debate is the latest instance of North School Park being used as a public forum for free speech. During the holiday season the park district allows both a Nativity scene, as well as a protest sign from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, to be displayed in North School Park.
Air Force Band jazz ensemble to perform in Arlington Heights Aug 5, 2014 1:55 PM
The U.S. Air Force Band of Mid America’s “Shades of Blue” jazz ensemble is scheduled to perform 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Aug. 13 and Sept. 9, at North School Park, Eastman Street and Arlington Heights Road in Arlington Heights.
Little Free Library debuts at Arlington Hts. community center Jul 28, 2014 2:18 PM
For Tyler Frank, 14, and Matt Barba, 13, what started out as an assignment for their Genius Hour class at Thomas Middle School in Arlington Heights recently became a reality. They have created and built the very first Little Free Library in Arlington Heights.
Terry Moran Softball Tournament Saturday in Rolling Meadows Jul 17, 2014 4:49 PM
The 19th Terry Moran Softball Tournament will be held all day Saturday, July 19, at Kimball Hill Park, 3251 Campbell St., Rolling Meadows.
‘Odds and Ends’ showcases Arlington museum’s seldom-seen pieces Jun 24, 2014 4:04 PM
“Odd and Ends,” can be viewed from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Friday-Sunday, through Sept. 21, in the museum’s Heritage Gallery, 112 W. Fremont St., Arlington Heights.
Melas Park’s bark park now open Jun 21, 2014 7:36 PM
Dogs in Arlington Heights and Mount Prospect finally have their own park with Saturday mornings grand opening of Canine Commons in a portion of Melas Park. Canine Commons is nearly two acres in the northwest corner of the park and includes three areas — one for large dogs, one for small/medium dogs and a third to be used when one of the other two is undergoing maintenance.
Excitement high over Canine Commons dog park Jun 11, 2014 5:54 PM
Canine Commons, the dog park being built at Melas Park in Mount Prospect, will have its grand opening on June 21. Interest in the new doggie area is high, as evidenced by the fact that the 500 memberships offered sold out in weeks. The project is a joint effort between the Arlington Heights and Mount Prospect park districts.
State baseball championship in Arlington Hts. a tribute to coach of 61 years Jun 11, 2014 3:20 PM
Lloyd Meyer is beginning his 61st season coaching the baseball team sponsored by Arlington Heights American Legion Post 208. Over his long career, the team has had eight state championships. And a number of players who made it to the Major Leagues cite him as their inspiration. I am extraordinarily grateful that 50 years ago he gave me the chance to play for him,” says a senior vice president of the New York Yankees.
Arlington Hts. Picnit in the Park June 6 Jun 4, 2014 3:34 PM
The Arlington Heights Park District formally starts its summer season with Picnic in the Park from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, at North School Park, Arlington Heights Road and Eastman Street, a few blocks north of Northwest Highway.
Arlington Heights Park District Gets Wet With New CrossFit Class At Recreation Park Jun 2, 2014 7:42 AM
Registration is now open for an innovative new class offered by the Arlington Heights Park District and Elite Athletic Development | CrossFit Arlington Heights that combines CrossFit with swimming.
Pools get ready to open this weekend, next May 23, 2014 5:17 PM
Pools are filled with water all over the suburbs as park districts prepare for another summer at water parks and neighborhood pools. Some open Saturday; others open next weekend.
Arlington Heights Park District to allow grilling May 21, 2014 5:48 PM
The Arlington Heights Park District will allow grilling in designated areas of nine parks this summer. “The grilling areas were enhanced and improved to make sure people have more options,” park district Superintendent of Marketing and Communications Anita Pacheco said.
Sharing the same path not the answer May 19, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Larry J. Powitz walks the path at Lake Arlington and is adamant that while the new rules will help, as long as walkers and bicycles share the path, the danger remains
New Tour Hours Announced at the Historical Museum May 15, 2014 2:21 PM
The Arlington Heights Historical Museum collects and preserves significant materials related to our past, and shares them through educational and recreational activities that promote community heritage and pride. The Museum Complex is comprised of five buildings at the northwest corner of Vail and Fremont: the 1882 Müller House, the coach house, the 1906 Soda Pop Factory building, the 1908 Banta House, and a replica 1830s log house. Tours of the complex are led by volunteer docents at 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Group tours are available by appointment. Tour fees are $4 for adults and $2 for children ages 3-14.
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Marriott delivers beautifully traditional 'King and I'
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.