Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Arlington Heights District 25
Editorial: Limiting discussion not the way to control public meetings Mar 6, 2014 5:00 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says a new Arlington Heights District 25 school board policy unwisely limits board members' discussion of public issues.
District 25 puts time limits on board discussions Mar 1, 2014 8:01 AM
Topics of discussion at Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 school board meetings will now come with suggested time limits. Although two board members are not happy with the limits, school board President David Page said the policy shift is meant to keep meetings moving more quickly and keep board members from getting on a soapbox. “It’s kind of disrespectful of everyone’s time to drag the meeting on,” he said.
Arlington Heights teacher named ‘Educator of the Year’ Feb 27, 2014 6:16 PM
Paul Solarz, a fifth-grade teacher at Westgate Elementary School in Arlington Heights, was named “Educator of the Year” by Illinois Computing Educator this week. Solarz uses technology throughout the day with his students for activities, including working collaboratively using Google Drive, engaging in mystery Skype sessions with outside guests, and posting reading discussions on Twitter.
Parents sue District 25 over bus stop location Feb 19, 2014 5:12 AM
An out-of-district family has filed a lawsuit against Arlington Heights Elementary District 25, claiming the district refuses to provide a safe bus stop for their son who attends a private school in Arlington Heights.
4-H holds favorite foods contest in Arlington Hts. Feb 11, 2014 3:01 PM
Enticing aromas filled the corridor outside the foods lab of Thomas Middle School on Feb. 1, as 4-H members from Cook County competed in the annual Favorite Foods Contest sponsored by the Clever Clovers 4-H Club. Each participant worked for 90 minutes to prepare a favorite dish from scratch and to present a coordinated day’s menu of meals including that favorite dish.
District 25 will teach geometry in middle schools Feb 8, 2014 8:00 AM
Due to new Common Core standards and changing district goals, Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 is beginning a process to ramp up the difficulty of its math classes for middle schools with an eventual goal of having eighth-grade students take a high-school level geometry class.
Arlington Hts. Science Olympiad a place for kids to belong Jan 18, 2014 6:15 PM
South Middle School students Patrick Shalton and Derek Prusener have one clear goal in mind for this year — making the Science Olympiad nationals. The 8th graders are co-captains of South’s Science Olympiad varsity team, which took third place in the state for the last three years. Only the top two in state make it to nationals, which this year will be in May in Florida.
Northwest suburban coach preached hard work and dedication Jan 16, 2014 2:11 PM
Ted Wissen, a legendary coach who helped shape basketball and football programs at four different Northwest suburban high schools, has died. “Ted touched so many young lives in (Northwest Suburban High School) District 214,” said Bob Frisk, who covered high school sports for 50 years for the Daily Herald. “He truly played a huge role in the tremendous growth of high school sports in this area.”
District 25 names fund for former principal Dec 26, 2013 4:22 PM
Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 has started a new fund in honor of a former principal Bernice Gliege that will collect money to help children in need. The district’s news release said it was “very fitting that Bernice, as an advocate for the disabled, a pioneer for women in education, and a proponent of reaching new heights with a love for helping others through the world of education, should be the namesake of District 25’s new ‘Bernice Gliege’s Angel Fund’ for children in need.”
Arlington Heights students give back to families in need Dec 12, 2013 6:04 PM
Students and staff from Thomas Middle School in Arlington Heights collected money and gifts for the village’s Adopt-A-Family program over the past few weeks. Fundraising started mid-November and the presents and money were presented to the village this week, along with an additional $2,000 check Baird & Warner’s Northwest Suburban office in Arlington Heights.
Roselle Dist. 12 chief named new Arlington Hts. Dist. 25 superintendent Dec 6, 2013 3:19 PM
The Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 school board has appointed Roselle Elementary District 12 Superintendent Lori Bein to be its superintendent beginning next summer. Bein will succeed retiring District 25 Superintendent Sarah Jerome on July 1. "I look forward to collaborating with the board, administration, teachers, staff, families and community members to continue to provide the best possible learning environment for our students,” Bein said.
District 25, union reach contract agreement Nov 21, 2013 11:30 PM
After working without a contract since August, more than 400 teachers and support staff at Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 have a new contract.
The Soapbox Nov 16, 2013 5:00 AM
From earthquakes to sports fashion, Daily Herald editors express have something witty to say about many topics of interest to the suburbs.
Arlington Heights District 25 soon to be debt free Nov 14, 2013 6:11 PM
With the last of its debt to be paid off next month, property owners in Arlington Heights Elementary District 25 will receive a smaller tax bill from the school district next year, officials said. On Dec. 1 the district will make its last debt payment — about $5.3 million — on millions of dollars in loans going back decades.
Two local superintendents finalists for Dist. 25 top job Nov 13, 2013 6:09 PM
Two area superintendents, Lori Bein from Roselle Elementary District 12 and Dane Delli from River Trails District 26, are finalists for the top job at Arlington Heights Elementary District 25. The school board is expected to announce its decision next week. “Whoever gets it is going to be very lucky because this is a really good job, a really good community and a really good school system,” said Mark Friedman, a consultant who has been overseeing the search effort.
Chinese cultural performance Friday in Arlington Heights Nov 6, 2013 3:01 PM
To celebrate what they have learned in their Mandarin classes, students from three area school districts are coming together Friday for their first Chinese Student Cultural Performance. The 70-minute show will be 7 p.m. Nov. 8 in South Middle School’s Multi-Purpose Room, 400 S. Highland Ave., Arlington Heights.
Arlington Heights students hear moving story from veteran Nov 4, 2013 8:00 PM
When Alec Catherwood left for boot camp just four days after graduating high school in 2010, his father knew he would never see his son again. "I knew he wasn't coming home," said Kirk Catherwood, a veteran himself who graduated from Arlington High School and who returned to Arlington Hts. Monday to speak to middle school students.
Halloween fun fair another big success Nov 4, 2013 6:00 AM
Letter to the editor: "Wheeling Township’s annual Halloween Fun Fair Make A Difference Day held on Saturday, Oct. 26 at Riley School was a fun-filled day for over 150 children with special needs and their families," write township Supervisor Michael Schroeder.
Arlington Heights students enjoy school garden harvest Oct 31, 2013 12:36 PM
The garden club at Thomas Middle School in Arlington Heights held its first harvest celebration this month to serve and taste the foods they spent the year growing. The event highlighted healthy and sustainable food that is easy for families to grow themselves, said school officials.
Westgate’s World’s Fair crowds discover ethnic food, culture Oct 29, 2013 1:19 PM
More than 340 Arlington Heights students and their families recently celebrated the culture and cuisine of Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods in Westgate’s World’s Fair 2013. “We were thrilled with the more than 340 people who attended our open house to learn about cultures from around the world that have settled in Chicago,” said Kelly Darby, a native of Frankfurt, Germany, and one of seven third-grade teachers at Westgate who organized the event.
- Hanover Park man charged with murder
- Apple's smartwatch: Timely idea or clocked out?
- Hospitals, doctors 'crazy' busy with virus in suburbs
- Advocate, NorthShore merger: 16 hospitals, 6,000 doctors
- Libertyville strikes back at Lake Zurich
- Police: Rolling Meadows man is 'hooded bandit'
- Courage carries Wheeling
- Des Plaines police identify body found in pond
- The confidence is back at Hoffman Estates
- Suburban men recall living with murder suspect
- Hospitals, doctors 'crazy' busy with virus in suburbs
- Advocate, NorthShore merger: 16 hospitals, 6,000 doctors
- Missing woman discovered in Des Plaines pond
- Police say Rolling Meadows man tied to bank robberies
- Woman drives car into Buffalo Grove townhouse
- Dawn Patrol: Woman found dead in Des Plaines pond; 9/11 ceremonies
- 13 high school football games streaming live tonight
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County football games
- Roy Leonard's son: He was kind in private, too
- Garth and Trisha knock down pins at Rosemont bowling alley
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - 3yrs+ Experience Cust Srv person for Elk Grove office. 11:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri $11-hour Contact Robert (847)258-5096 (id:4383084) INSIDE SALES - Inside sales -hrly wage plus commission, retail/wholesale, hardware exp. a plus. Call 847-255-0421 ask for Sherwin. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 847-255-7850 (id:4385589) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer, full-time position in Elk Grove Vlg for 300 unit Senior Community. Exp w/boiler heat & turning apts mandatory. Fax resume to 847-593-4283 (id:4385678)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4385289) DRIVER - Driver It's Time to Move Ahead! COMPANY DRIVERS -ILLINOIS WESTERN SUBURBS (Naperville/Aurora area) Call LINDA Today! 855-975-0904 APPLY ONLINE: DriveForCardinal.com GREAT HOME TIME LOCAL RUNS DEDICATED CUSTOMER Average Pay $1,200 Per Week Cardinal Logistics is seeking Class A CDL Company Drivers based in the Naperville/Aurora area. Local runs with dedicated customer. REQUIREMENTS: At least 23 years old, 1 year verifiable experience in the last 5 years and clean MVR. BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Ins., 401K w/company match, paid vacation and holidays. (id:4385201) MANAGEMENT - Management Northwestern University Career Opportunity! Candidates wanted for a planning and operations position that will be responsible for all aspects of the management of NU Library's Oak Grove Library Center, a high density warehouse storage facility in Waukegan, IL. For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description via Northwestern University's eRecruit website, referencing Job Opening ID #23789 at: http://www.northwestern.edu/ hr/careers/ (id:4385080)
- MANUFACTUIRNG - Manufacturing DOMTAR PAPER CO. LLC Is looking for qualified applicants for the position of MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Domtar is the leading maker of fine paper in all of North America. Our plant in Addison is a newer facility with state of the art paper converting equipment. If you are looking for an opportunity for advancement and to make good money with excellent benefits, then come apply. Qualifications for Maintenance Technician: Applicant should possess a minimum of a 2 yr associates degree in a technical or electronic field AND 2 yrs experience in Mfg environment. Without a degree, applicant must have a HS diploma/GED AND 5 or more years of experience in an industrial mfg setting. His/her education, experience, skill and specialized training will demonstrate proven ability in preventive and corrective maintenance, fabrication, trouble-shooting and repair of all types of mechanical equipment associated with an industrial manufacturing operation. Domtar Paper Company LLC offers the following competitive wage & benefits package: A starting Maintenance Technician rate of $20.00/hour with a skill block program which can increase wages as knowledge and skills levels increase. Overtime is available. As a newer plant there are ample opportunities to quickly earn well above the start rate-to as much as $21.89/hr depending on your performance. A comprehensive benefits package including a comprehensive health insurance package, life insurance, dental and vision insurances. 401-K with Company match. PLUS paid vacation and 11 paid holidays. Applications will be accepted at 350 S. Rohlwing Road, Addison, IL 60101 On the following dates and times: Monday, September 8th, 2014 from 9:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 from 9:30am to 4:00pm Thursday, September 11th, 2014 from 9:00am to 6:00pm Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and their amendments. Candidates MUST apply in person-NO AGENCIES Domtar Paper Co. LLC is an EOE M/F/V/D (id:4384738) CASHIER - Cashier needed M-F 8a-3p at Fuller's Car Wash, 1122 E. State St., Geneva, IL 60134 Call 630-845-0055 or apply in person (id:4385780) MECHANIC - Mechanics Diesel Mechanics and Trailer Mechanics YOUR EXPERIENCE PAYS!!! Excellent benefits! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus Bonus to the first 10 Mechanics hired before September 29th, 2014. Excellent opportunities available for experienced Diesel Mechanics and Trailer Mechanics. Email your resume to: Ireallywantthisjob1@customco.com or Fax: to 708-615-8806 View positions at www.customco.com. (id:4385198)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.