Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Aptakisic-Tripp District 102
District 102 superintendent to retire in 2016Feb 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102 Superintendent Theresa Dunkin will retire effective June 30, 2016, the district announced Wednesday. “I’m going to miss the district tremendously. This was the greatest opportunity of my life,” Dunkin said.
School conference already costing some taxpayers moreOct 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 taxpayers have already spent $2,300 more for the annual school board and administrators conference in downtown Chicago than they did last year. And that's just the registration costs and hotel deposits for the Nov. 22-24 conference. Eight suburban districts have already spent more on the conference than they did last year. So far, 62 suburban districts have registered 532 school board members, administrators and employees at a cost of $307,647.
Dist. 102 science teacher recognized for excellence Sep 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Aptakisic Junior High School science teacher Susan Brontman was recognized durng a recent assembly at the Buffalo Grove school for excellence in education.
Aptakisic Jr. High “EveryBody Matters Program” participants give backJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Aptakisic Junior High School (AJHS) launched the innovative EveryBody Matters (EBM) program, funded by Elyssa's Mission. The group recently applied their leadership skills by choosing to give back to their community, coordinating an effort to collect and then distribute food to their local Vernon Township food pantry.
Incumbents, rookies embraced by votersApr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
New leaders will change the face of Aptakisic-Tripp School District 102 following Tuesday’s election for four positions on the board. Newcomers Scott Linn and Jeremy Galfield won, as did incumbents Lenny Ostach and board secretary Pelleg Graupe.
Lenny Ostach: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Lenny Ostach, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jeremy Galfield: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Jeremy Galfield, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Pelleg Graupe: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Pelleg Graupe, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Zeba Sward: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Zeba Sward, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Scott Linn: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Scott Linn, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Volunteer, firefighter honored for contributions to Buffalo Grove Oct 4, 2012 12:00 AM
Aptakisic-Tripp School District 102 board member Ellyn Ross was honored this week as the recipient of the 2012 Bill Reid Community Service Award for her work in the Buffalo Grove community. Rotary also honored Glenn Bird as Buffalo Grove's Firefighter of the Year.
Dist. 102 hosts book fair June 2 May 28, 2012 12:00 AM
Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102 in Buffalo Grove is hosting its summer book fair from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 2, at Barnes & Noble, 920 Milwaukee Ave., in Lincolnshire.
Buffalo Grove junior high retiring Indian mascot, becoming Eagles Apr 9, 2012 12:00 AM
After more than 50 years as the Indians, Aptakisic Junior High in Buffalo Grove is changing its mascot to increase cultural sensitivity and boost school spirit, officials said. The school, part of Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102, announced last week that starting in the fall the junior highs mascot will be the Eagles.
Aptakisic variety show benefits suicide prevention Mar 16, 2012 12:00 AM
Aptakisic Junior High School is presenting a variety show at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 22, to benefit a group dedicated to educating and preventing suicide among at-risk teens.
D102 teacher accepted into NASA program Dec 20, 2011 12:00 AM
Maralee Scott, a 6th grade teacher at Meridian Middle School in Buffalo Grove, was recently accepted into the NASA Endeavor Science Fellowship Program for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education.
School districts net award: Oct 14, 2011 12:00 AM
Lincolnshire-Prairie View Elementary District 103 has received a Bright A+ Award from the SchoolSearch organization.
Safeguards needed for government tablets use Oct 11, 2011 12:00 AM
Are iPads and other electronic devices worthwhile purchases for members of governing boards or just nice perks? A Daily Herald editorial says they can be valuable -- as long as certain rules are set and followed.
Teen donates books, DVDs to Puerto Rico hospital where he was treated Jun 29, 2011 12:00 AM
With plenty of help from classmates in Buffalo Grove, Stephen Cohn is using his spring break illness to bring a little joy to some youth in Puerto Rico.
D102 students hear from Holocaust survivor May 25, 2011 12:00 AM
Holocaust survivor Paul Argiewicz and the author of his biography, Deanne Joseph, spoke to 7th and 8th grade students at Aptakisic Junior High in Buffalo Grove.
Ross, Rubenstein, Lefar prevail in District 102 Apr 5, 2011 12:00 AM
Eight-year incumbent Ellyn Ross was the leading vote-getter Tuesday in the race for three seats in Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102. Also winning were Alan J. Rubenstein and Steven Lefar.
- Family, friends mourn death of Glenbard East cheerleader
- Wauconda recalls 'The Blues Brothers' filming in town
- 1-month-old girl found dead in Prospect Heights home
- Barrington Hills teen pleads guilty in fatal DUI case
- Arlington Hts. woman ID'd as boating accident victim
- 3 life sentences for Hoffman Estates murders
- Glen Ellyn woman upset with roped-off parkways at parade
- Who's more valuable to Hawks? Toews or Kane?
- Car plows into Elk Grove Village apartments
- Round Lake Beach police officer faces gas theft charge
- Exploring Carmelo Anthony's waiting game
- Wauconda Dominick's site primed for new tenant
- American's Paris kitchen becomes way of life
- Man shot in Round Lake Heights
- Elburn native finds fame with Mahone, Bieber
- Round Lake Beach police officer faces gas theft charge
- Toews, Kane agree to 8-year extensions with Blackhawks
- 3 life sentences for Hoffman Estates murders
- Documents: Ex-Bull Brunson tried to assault therapist
- Geneva doctor charged in 2012 St. Charles sexual assault
- ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following position available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK/FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidate will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individual must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4377717) MACHINIST - Machinist wanted Night shift Mon-Thurs full time. CNC or Screw Machine in Addison shop. Call for appointment. 630-543-8000 (id:4379153) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4378780)
- POLICE OFFICER - Police Officer Testing publicsafetyrecruitment.com Application Deadline: 7-14-14 (id:4379355) DRIVERS - JOB FAIR The world's largest school bus company NOW HIRING: EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED DRIVERS Paid training Paid holidays No experience necessary APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED DAILY 1500 Wright Blvd. Schaumburg, IL OPEN HOUSE Thursday July 10th 11am -2pm For more information call: (847)-352-7900 (id:4379149) SR ART DIRECTOR - Senior Art Director Sr Art Director (Print, Display, Retail Design, Merchandising Design & Digital): With Copywriter, develop bold, strategic & award-winning creative print, display & digital advertising campaign components from concept to execution. Duties: generate creative concepts & develop advertising art across all shopper touchpoints, incl print/digital, retail messaging/merch; present concepts, refine/develop ideas; review through prod; mock up graphics w/verbal/email/sketch direction; lead/collaborate with photogs, retouching houses, etc.; attend/lead dvlpmt mtgs; manage schedules. Lead jr members of team. Chicago loop loc. Req's B.A. in Design, Communication Design or related & 2 yrs exp as ad agency Art Director on print & digital projects. Exp must incl a) designing Retail Marketing comms/messaging solutions, b) application of theory/practices of retail design, & c) Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Powerpoint, Keynote & Mac. College must have incl'd 2 courses in Typography & 1 course in Illustration or work exp must have incl'd 2 yrs in Typography & 1 yr in Illustration. Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4379055)
- MANUFACTURING - Manfacturing Hiring 1st and 2nd Shift Assemblers, Brake Press Operators, Painters and Spot Welders. Stack-On Products Co. 1360 Old Rand Road Wauconda IL 60084 (id:4378562) DRIVER - driver National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced Class A Route Drivers $27.00 Per Hour Plus Overtime National DCP offers great benefits, Overtime Pay over 40 hours, and the potential to earn $80,000 Annually! $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! Required Experience/Qualifications: -2 years' experience and clean driving record -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening APPLY NOW! -IN PERSON BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street, Mokena, IL 60487 -EMAIL: Drivers@natdcp.com -PHONE: (855) 637-3341 EOE M/F/D/V (id:4379016) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - NOW HIRING SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS -No experience necessary -Training Provided -Part-time morning and afternoon hours -Bring your child to work Starting wage for new drivers beginning 9/1/14 -$14.70 Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or in person: 880 South Route 83 Grayslake, IL 60030 847-543-9244 EOE (id:4375009)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.