Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Aptakisic-Tripp District 102
Lincolnshire cops, firefighters team to help girl’s leukemia fight Sep 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Lincolnshire’s police officers and firefighters will trade their guns and hoses for spatulas and tongs this weekend to help a Lake County girl fighting cancer. And you’re invited to grab a plate and chip in a few bucks, too.
Buffalo Grove rallies around 4-year-old with brain tumor Sep 6, 2014 4:32 PM
Mia Gurevitz is like many other 4-year-olds. She enjoys horseback riding, dance classes and playing with her big sister. But for Mia, those fun times come in between trips to the hospital, hours of testing and rounds of chemotherapy. Mia, who goes to school in Buffalo Grove, has been fighting an inoperable brain tumor since November 2011, just before her 2nd birthday.
Middle school teacher charged with created porn Aug 29, 2014 3:23 PM
John Vastis, a teacher at Buffalo Grove’s Meridian Middle School, is facing federal child pornography charges after his arrest early Thursday morning. Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102 Superintendent Theresa Dunkin said there are no allegations Vastis victimized any of the district’s students. “District 102 is a family and we will get through this,” she said.
District 102 superintendent to retire in 2016 Feb 26, 2014 4:17 PM
Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102 Superintendent Theresa Dunkin will retire effective June 30, 2016, the district announced Wednesday. “I’m going to miss the district tremendously. This was the greatest opportunity of my life,” Dunkin said.
School conference already costing some taxpayers more Oct 2, 2013 5:17 AM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 taxpayers have already spent $2,300 more for the annual school board and administrators conference in downtown Chicago than they did last year. And that's just the registration costs and hotel deposits for the Nov. 22-24 conference. Eight suburban districts have already spent more on the conference than they did last year. So far, 62 suburban districts have registered 532 school board members, administrators and employees at a cost of $307,647.
Dist. 102 science teacher recognized for excellence Sep 13, 2013 1:00 PM
Aptakisic Junior High School science teacher Susan Brontman was recognized durng a recent assembly at the Buffalo Grove school for excellence in education.
Aptakisic Jr. High “EveryBody Matters Program” participants give back Jun 14, 2013 11:03 PM
Aptakisic Junior High School (AJHS) launched the innovative EveryBody Matters (EBM) program, funded by Elyssa's Mission. The group recently applied their leadership skills by choosing to give back to their community, coordinating an effort to collect and then distribute food to their local Vernon Township food pantry.
Incumbents, rookies embraced by voters Apr 9, 2013 10:48 PM
New leaders will change the face of Aptakisic-Tripp School District 102 following Tuesday’s election for four positions on the board. Newcomers Scott Linn and Jeremy Galfield won, as did incumbents Lenny Ostach and board secretary Pelleg Graupe.
Zeba Sward: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:22 PM
Candidate information for Zeba Sward, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Lenny Ostach: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:22 PM
Candidate information for Lenny Ostach, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Scott Linn: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:22 PM
Candidate information for Scott Linn, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jeremy Galfield: Candidate Profile Mar 6, 2013 3:12 PM
Candidate information for Jeremy Galfield, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Pelleg Graupe: Candidate Profile Mar 6, 2013 6:00 PM
Candidate information for Pelleg Graupe, running for Aptakisic-Tripp District 102 School Board (4-year Terms)
Volunteer, firefighter honored for contributions to Buffalo Grove Oct 4, 2012 6:25 PM
Aptakisic-Tripp School District 102 board member Ellyn Ross was honored this week as the recipient of the 2012 Bill Reid Community Service Award for her work in the Buffalo Grove community. Rotary also honored Glenn Bird as Buffalo Grove's Firefighter of the Year.
Dist. 102 hosts book fair June 2 May 28, 2012 10:40 AM
Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102 in Buffalo Grove is hosting its summer book fair from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 2, at Barnes & Noble, 920 Milwaukee Ave., in Lincolnshire.
Buffalo Grove junior high retiring Indian mascot, becoming Eagles Apr 9, 2012 5:55 AM
After more than 50 years as the Indians, Aptakisic Junior High in Buffalo Grove is changing its mascot to increase cultural sensitivity and boost school spirit, officials said. The school, part of Aptakisic-Tripp Elementary District 102, announced last week that starting in the fall the junior highs mascot will be the Eagles.
Aptakisic variety show benefits suicide prevention Mar 16, 2012 5:24 PM
Aptakisic Junior High School is presenting a variety show at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 22, to benefit a group dedicated to educating and preventing suicide among at-risk teens.
D102 teacher accepted into NASA program Dec 20, 2011 5:14 PM
Maralee Scott, a 6th grade teacher at Meridian Middle School in Buffalo Grove, was recently accepted into the NASA Endeavor Science Fellowship Program for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education.
School districts net award: Oct 14, 2011 4:45 PM
Lincolnshire-Prairie View Elementary District 103 has received a Bright A+ Award from the SchoolSearch organization.
Safeguards needed for government tablets use Oct 11, 2011 5:00 AM
Are iPads and other electronic devices worthwhile purchases for members of governing boards or just nice perks? A Daily Herald editorial says they can be valuable -- as long as certain rules are set and followed.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- A trip back in time
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Bulls' Butler not worried about his next deal
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.